Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

12:35 am departure and Delta Club Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12:35 am departure and Delta Club Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by rylan
Yup, definitely send in a complaint to DL about that. I'd even complaint to Amex that DL is not keeping their end of the bargain and providing a skyclub to access when they should be.
Originally Posted by troyintn
I have recently written to Amex about the benefits on paper versus reality and what is offered for 550+ USD.
Complaining to Amex? They don't even care about their own Centurion clubs not keeping to posted hours...you expect them to worry about DL too?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by giporlos
For entertainment only...

Sunday 9:35 PM in Denver... the only places open and taking customers were Panda Express and McDonalds... we got a couple orders of fries ($7.31) thinking that flying FC we might get something decent (flight was 3+ hours DEN-ATL)... we guessed wrong... they walked around with a box full of potato chips, granola bars, and cookies. Haven't flown a red eye in some time... but in FC I expected a little more.

To add to our apparent lack of recent airline experience... when we landed early (4:55AM) in Atlanta at Gate A12... the Skymiles Club near Gate 17 didn't open till 5:45AM... by 5:20AM there were 10 people in line so we also got in line... good thing... by 5:45AM the line was over 60 people waiting for the doors to open. To enter the club you have two choices...an elevator (holds 6 max) or the stairs (2 flights). We joined a small stampede up the stairs with our carry ons in tow LOLOL. I will say once up, they were scanning people fast... and the club had a good breakfast spread.
Even before CV19 a 935pm departure would not get a meal.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by giporlos
For entertainment only...

Sunday 9:35 PM in Denver... the only places open and taking customers were Panda Express and McDonalds... we got a couple orders of fries ($7.31) thinking that flying FC we might get something decent (flight was 3+ hours DEN-ATL)... we guessed wrong... they walked around with a box full of potato chips, granola bars, and cookies. Haven't flown a red eye in some time... but in FC I expected a little more.

To add to our apparent lack of recent airline experience... when we landed early (4:55AM) in Atlanta at Gate A12... the Skymiles Club near Gate 17 didn't open till 5:45AM... by 5:20AM there were 10 people in line so we also got in line... good thing... by 5:45AM the line was over 60 people waiting for the doors to open. To enter the club you have two choices...an elevator (holds 6 max) or the stairs (2 flights). We joined a small stampede up the stairs with our carry ons in tow LOLOL. I will say once up, they were scanning people fast... and the club had a good breakfast spread.
I had this issue with Delta where I took a late night flight and didn't stop at the club before it closed because I figured I'd get at-least a sadbox or best case dinner like it stated in the flight info. I got neither which was annoying since I had a light lunch and was actually hungry. Delta refunded that flight and gave me 10k skypesos but advised me next time I dont get a stated meal on a plane to ask the FA for the skypesos comp card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.