Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why are flights to BER being credited as to TXL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold

I recently travelled AMS-BER-AMS with KL on a KL ticket, crediting to DL. AMS-BER credited as AMS-TXL, while BER-AMS credited as BER-AMS. Why is DL still crediting to TXL if that airport is closed?

Furthermore, AMS/TXL is 361 base miles, while AMS/BER is 365 base miles.

Has anyone had this issue? Do I write in to complain?

cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by guessaaa
AMS/TXL is 361 base miles, while AMS/BER is 365 base miles.

This is satire, right?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I recently travelled AMS-BER-AMS with KL on a KL ticket, crediting to DL. AMS-BER credited as AMS-TXL, while BER-AMS credited as BER-AMS. Why is DL still crediting to TXL if that airport is closed?

Should you write in? That depends on what your time is worth to you. The difference here was 6 miles. Let's be generous and say you could value DL miles at $0.02/mile. That's 12 cents. Even at the US minimum wage rate of $7.25/hr, that's $0.12/minute for work. What is your time worth to fill out a form online and submit for 6 to 12 cents worth of miles and 4 MQMs? About the only way this becomes worth writing in for is if you find yourself 4 MQMs short of the next status level. But I guess looking it another way, if your submission gets DL to correct it, it could amount to a lot of miles and MQMs collectively, even if miniscule for any given individual.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When was ticket issued? Was there a change to return flight after original purchase?

I would guess your ticket shows AMS-TXL outbound and BER-AMS inbound (due to schedule change).
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
This is satire, right?
no, this is FT 😎
Mr. Tickets and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM

definately complain and tie up someone who could have otherwise done something important
Dawgfan6291 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:17 pm

OMG the travesty.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Should you write in? That depends on what your time is worth to you. The difference here was 6 miles. Let's be generous and say you could value DL miles at $0.02/mile. That's 12 cents. Even at the US minimum wage rate of $7.25/hr, that's $0.12/minute for work. What is your time worth to fill out a form online and submit for 6 to 12 cents worth of miles and 4 MQMs? About the only way this becomes worth writing in for is if you find yourself 4 MQMs short of the next status level. But I guess looking it another way, if your submission gets DL to correct it, it could amount to a lot of miles and MQMs collectively, even if miniscule for any given individual.
Sure a few miles here or there doesn't matter, but I'm more so looking from the perspective that if this is not corrected, there may be other back end systems that have not been properly converted and should have been.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
When was ticket issued? Was there a change to return flight after original purchase?

I would guess your ticket shows AMS-TXL outbound and BER-AMS inbound (due to schedule change).
Ticket was issued in March 2022 and has no mention of TXL. Original AMS-BER flight on KL was cancelled day of and was rebooked to another flight later that day.

BER-AMS was cancelled about a month out and ticket was changed to the next flight of the day.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I do believe that it is time to lock this thread
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.