Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long for KLM cxld flight to get to DL itin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

KL has cancelled a flight that my family is booked on in September. Delta still shows the original flight in the reservation (it was booked as a DL codeshare). Just wondering how long it takes for DL to realize this and update the itinerary to show the new flight KL rebooked the pax on.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
I was told that it can take 10 days and if it does not update in 10 days, follow up.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
KL has cancelled a flight that my family is booked on in September. Delta still shows the original flight in the reservation (it was booked as a DL codeshare). Just wondering how long it takes for DL to realize this and update the itinerary to show the new flight KL rebooked the pax on.

Thanks,
-RM
Tomorrow is "Schedule Change Saturday" (which is every Saturday) and continues through the weekend so the update could hit your itinerary as soon as tomorrow.

If it doesn't update tomorrow, you can still try calling DL after the weekend and if at first they say they can't do anything, you could try asking them to contact the JV desk who can hopefully verify that KLM flight is no longer operating and thus convince an agent to rebook you.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
A week or two is about right - it has to get disseminated to the codeshare partners and then go through their own schedule change update. Most likely it will change this weekend.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Morning flight to BER by any chance? I got a notice from KLM this morning that my flight in September was cancelled too. I'm on a KL ticket though, so they just rebooked me on the next flight.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

Thanks,
-RM
Codeshares can be tricky. However for DL/KL usually a week at most. Main issue is a codeshare number can actually be used on more than one flight. Ie DL9889 could be used for both a morning KLM123 and afternoon KLM456 flight between AMS-XXX.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
related question. KLM flight isn't showing seat map on dl.com, klm.com, or EF. indicative of a cancellation or no? I dont think it would be an equip swap because they only fly one type on this route. just trying to gird my loins for a travel-day interruption if I have to
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This just got worse actually. Delta.com has no clue about the changes (yet) but KLM does of course. The email my family member got was direct from KLM with a link to their website. Turns out the return flight is also cancelled and they were pushed to a later originating flight to AMS which forces a misconnect. They now arrive 1335 but their connection departs 1325. I would have thought KLM would realize that and rebook their connection but that doesn't appear to have happened.

Since the flights aren't until September and I'm fairly positive there will be more changes coming up I'll advise my family members to just sit tight for a while; at least until Delta figures out this first round of changes.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Figured I'd update this thread again. Schedule change Saturday hit and Delta.com now reflects the two cancelled KL flights (intra-Europe) have been replaced with new ones. Unfortunately, neither KL nor DL have rebooked the broken connection in AMS back to the States. That flight remains orphaned.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.