MXP lounge access

Old Jun 22, 22, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Tolerater, AA Hater
MXP lounge access

Rip van winkle here.....has something changed?

I looked at delta.com and it indicates no access as elite+ for AF lounge. It indicates access with D1.

We are booked in PS and waitlisted for D1. The D1 access also says "skyteam premium cabin" - would PS fall into that (i'm thinking not)
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
Rip van winkle here.....has something changed?

I looked at delta.com and it indicates no access as elite+ for AF lounge. It indicates access with D1.

We are booked in PS and waitlisted for D1. The D1 access also says "skyteam premium cabin" - would PS fall into that (i'm thinking not)
Not familiar with MXP, but AF lounge could be in Schengen area and not accessible for US bound flights. AF lounge finder doesn't even seem to show any AF operated lounges at MXP currently. No third-party operated lounge access is provided for PS fares or DL Skyteam Elite+, only D1 qualifies.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 22, 22 at 7:16 am
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:18 am
zmb

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
No third-party operated lounge access is provided for PS fares or DL Skyteam Elite+, only D1 qualifies.
Specifically, there is no third-party lounge access for Skyteam Elite+ members flying on DL. DL GM/PM/DM (which map to Elite+) members do have third-party lounge access when on non-DL Skyteam members.

And PS has never included any sort of lounge access.
Old Jun 22, 22, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Having just flown AF out of MXP, both airport operated lounges are technically accessible (one Schengen one non-Schengen) if you’re flying DL. (Lots of people mistakenly end up in the Schengen lounge trying to find the one in the non-Schengen area while I was there). Access though is only if in D1.

in any case, If the Schengen lounge is anything like the other one, it’s nothing to write home about. Pretty mediocre.
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold (earned), AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
I've used the Monteverdi lounge when flying DL using Priority Pass. Back then the DL gates were closer to that lounge. It's not worth showing up at the airport early for. The other PP lounge - the Sala Montale which is listed on dl.com as their D1 partner lounge and closer to the B gates which DL usually depart from, is nicer only because it has windows. Food/drink selection is still crap. My recollection is both are in Schengen areas which means a few more minutes to clear immigration to the non-Schengen gates.
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zmb View Post
Specifically, there is no third-party lounge access for Skyteam Elite+ members flying on DL. DL GM/PM/DM (which map to Elite+) members do have third-party lounge access when on non-DL Skyteam members.

And PS has never included any sort of lounge access.
I'm confused. I thought DL had eliminated third-party lounge access for SkyTeam ElitePlus on international itineraries unless confirmed in D1. D1 passengers should continue to have the third-party lounge access they've always had, although implicitly no guests even if ElitePlus.
Old Jun 22, 22, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
No lounge access in MXP unless flying in D1 or have a priority pass membership as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus. Delta PS is not a Sky Team premium cabin.

Trick around this would be to book via AF for DL PS coded as a AF flight number. Then you could access the 3rd party operated lounge in MXP as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus.
Old Jun 22, 22, 5:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DrMilano View Post
No lounge access in MXP unless flying in D1 or have a priority pass membership as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus. Delta PS is not a Sky Team premium cabin.

Trick around this would be to book via AF for DL PS coded as a AF flight number. Then you could access the 3rd party operated lounge in MXP as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus.
Does the operating or marketing carrier matter for this? I would have guessed that the operating carrier rules.
Old Jun 22, 22, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'm confused. I thought DL had eliminated third-party lounge access for SkyTeam ElitePlus on international itineraries unless confirmed in D1. D1 passengers should continue to have the third-party lounge access they've always had, although implicitly no guests even if ElitePlus.
Delta doesn't pay for STE+ to access contract lounges, which is what the poster you're replying to said.

D1 passengers do get access, regardless of status. No guests because they're accessing under D1 rules, not STE+ rules.
Old Jun 22, 22, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
Delta doesn't pay for STE+ to access contract lounges, which is what the poster you're replying to said.

D1 passengers do get access, regardless of status. No guests because they're accessing under D1 rules, not STE+ rules.
The post I quoted didn't explicitly say that there's an exception for D1.
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The work around is to fly on AF (or ITA) when leaving MXP to get lounge access there.

Delta announced some years ago that DL flyers could no longer access AF lounges (other than the ones in CDG when flying DL).

I've gotten into AF lounges, including contract lounges (WAW comes to mind) while flying in Y class on AF, KL and the former Alitalia.
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
The work around is to fly on AF (or ITA) when leaving MXP to get lounge access there.

Delta announced some years ago that DL flyers could no longer access AF lounges (other than the ones in CDG when flying DL).

I've gotten into AF lounges, including contract lounges (WAW comes to mind) while flying in Y class on AF, KL and the former Alitalia.
You are allowed to access lounges that are actually operated by AF (including outside of CDG) if you are a DL Skyteam Elite+ on an international flight. It's just the contract lounges utilized by AF that are not accessible when you are on a DL flight back to US as STE+. Although the airport check-in staff can sometimes be lax in following the rules. I unexpectedly received an invitation for the contract lounge in NCE when flying a NCE-JFK DL flight in coach based on DL status a few years back even though new DL policy had already been in place for several years.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 22, 22 at 11:12 pm
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
You are allowed to access lounges that are actually operated by AF (including outside of CDG) if you are a DL Skyteam Elite+ on an international flight. It's just the contract lounges utilized by AF that are not accessible when you are on a DL flight back to US as STE+. Although the airport check-in staff can sometimes be lax in following the rules. I unexpectedly received an invitation for the contract lounge in NCE when flying a NCE-JFK DL flight in coach based on DL status a few years back even though new DL policy had already been in place for several years.
on a same-day international SkyTeam itinerary, not "on an international flight". Also, except for the dedicated arrivals lounge at CDG, AF lounges cannot be used by arriving passengers.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:34 am

Programs: UA, JB, AA, DL
We will be in MXP in Nov. and have Priority Pass and AX Platinum Business. Any club access? Flying Air Canada to Montreal
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:04 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold (earned), AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
We will be in MXP in Nov. and have Priority Pass and AX Platinum Business. Any club access? Flying Air Canada to Montreal
This question of more appropriate for the AC or Airport Lounges FT pages. Yes, PP will get you into the Sala Montale or Sala Monteverdi lounges. Both aren't great.

Search this Thread