MXP lounge access

Old Jun 22, 22, 6:02 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE USA
Programs: DL PM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Tolerater, AA Hater
Posts: 1,951
MXP lounge access

Rip van winkle here.....has something changed?

I looked at delta.com and it indicates no access as elite+ for AF lounge. It indicates access with D1.

We are booked in PS and waitlisted for D1. The D1 access also says "skyteam premium cabin" - would PS fall into that (i'm thinking not)
dilbertsdaddy is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:58 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,949
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
Rip van winkle here.....has something changed?

I looked at delta.com and it indicates no access as elite+ for AF lounge. It indicates access with D1.

We are booked in PS and waitlisted for D1. The D1 access also says "skyteam premium cabin" - would PS fall into that (i'm thinking not)
Not familiar with MXP, but AF lounge could be in Schengen area and not accessible for US bound flights. AF lounge finder doesn't even seem to show any AF operated lounges at MXP currently. No third-party operated lounge access is provided for PS fares or DL Skyteam Elite+, only D1 qualifies.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 22, 22 at 7:16 am
xliioper is online now  
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:18 am
  #3  
zmb
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: SEA
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, Avis Preferred Plus
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
No third-party operated lounge access is provided for PS fares or DL Skyteam Elite+, only D1 qualifies.
Specifically, there is no third-party lounge access for Skyteam Elite+ members flying on DL. DL GM/PM/DM (which map to Elite+) members do have third-party lounge access when on non-DL Skyteam members.

And PS has never included any sort of lounge access.
zmb is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 1:20 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: RDU
Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Posts: 334
Having just flown AF out of MXP, both airport operated lounges are technically accessible (one Schengen one non-Schengen) if you’re flying DL. (Lots of people mistakenly end up in the Schengen lounge trying to find the one in the non-Schengen area while I was there). Access though is only if in D1.

in any case, If the Schengen lounge is anything like the other one, it’s nothing to write home about. Pretty mediocre.
AviationFreak is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:02 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BUR
Programs: AA, DL Gold (earned), AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 1,519
I've used the Monteverdi lounge when flying DL using Priority Pass. Back then the DL gates were closer to that lounge. It's not worth showing up at the airport early for. The other PP lounge - the Sala Montale which is listed on dl.com as their D1 partner lounge and closer to the B gates which DL usually depart from, is nicer only because it has windows. Food/drink selection is still crap. My recollection is both are in Schengen areas which means a few more minutes to clear immigration to the non-Schengen gates.
Oakshadow is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:38 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 98,473
Originally Posted by zmb View Post
Specifically, there is no third-party lounge access for Skyteam Elite+ members flying on DL. DL GM/PM/DM (which map to Elite+) members do have third-party lounge access when on non-DL Skyteam members.

And PS has never included any sort of lounge access.
I'm confused. I thought DL had eliminated third-party lounge access for SkyTeam ElitePlus on international itineraries unless confirmed in D1. D1 passengers should continue to have the third-party lounge access they've always had, although implicitly no guests even if ElitePlus.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 4:02 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charleston, SC
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Posts: 139
No lounge access in MXP unless flying in D1 or have a priority pass membership as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus. Delta PS is not a Sky Team premium cabin.

Trick around this would be to book via AF for DL PS coded as a AF flight number. Then you could access the 3rd party operated lounge in MXP as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus.
DrMilano is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 5:27 pm
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 98,473
Originally Posted by DrMilano View Post
No lounge access in MXP unless flying in D1 or have a priority pass membership as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus. Delta PS is not a Sky Team premium cabin.

Trick around this would be to book via AF for DL PS coded as a AF flight number. Then you could access the 3rd party operated lounge in MXP as a Delta Sky Team Elite Plus.
Does the operating or marketing carrier matter for this? I would have guessed that the operating carrier rules.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 8:31 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,206
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'm confused. I thought DL had eliminated third-party lounge access for SkyTeam ElitePlus on international itineraries unless confirmed in D1. D1 passengers should continue to have the third-party lounge access they've always had, although implicitly no guests even if ElitePlus.
Delta doesn't pay for STE+ to access contract lounges, which is what the poster you're replying to said.

D1 passengers do get access, regardless of status. No guests because they're accessing under D1 rules, not STE+ rules.
WillBarrett_68 is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 9:41 pm
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 98,473
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
Delta doesn't pay for STE+ to access contract lounges, which is what the poster you're replying to said.

D1 passengers do get access, regardless of status. No guests because they're accessing under D1 rules, not STE+ rules.
The post I quoted didn't explicitly say that there's an exception for D1.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:00 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West of CLE
Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 4,651
The work around is to fly on AF (or ITA) when leaving MXP to get lounge access there.

Delta announced some years ago that DL flyers could no longer access AF lounges (other than the ones in CDG when flying DL).

I've gotten into AF lounges, including contract lounges (WAW comes to mind) while flying in Y class on AF, KL and the former Alitalia.
ND76 is offline  
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:06 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,949
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
The work around is to fly on AF (or ITA) when leaving MXP to get lounge access there.

Delta announced some years ago that DL flyers could no longer access AF lounges (other than the ones in CDG when flying DL).

I've gotten into AF lounges, including contract lounges (WAW comes to mind) while flying in Y class on AF, KL and the former Alitalia.
You are allowed to access lounges that are actually operated by AF (including outside of CDG) if you are a DL Skyteam Elite+ on an international flight. It's just the contract lounges utilized by AF that are not accessible when you are on a DL flight back to US as STE+. Although the airport check-in staff can sometimes be lax in following the rules. I unexpectedly received an invitation for the contract lounge in NCE when flying a NCE-JFK DL flight in coach based on DL status a few years back even though new DL policy had already been in place for several years.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 22, 22 at 11:12 pm
xliioper is online now  
Old Jun 22, 22, 11:14 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 98,473
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
You are allowed to access lounges that are actually operated by AF (including outside of CDG) if you are a DL Skyteam Elite+ on an international flight. It's just the contract lounges utilized by AF that are not accessible when you are on a DL flight back to US as STE+. Although the airport check-in staff can sometimes be lax in following the rules. I unexpectedly received an invitation for the contract lounge in NCE when flying a NCE-JFK DL flight in coach based on DL status a few years back even though new DL policy had already been in place for several years.
on a same-day international SkyTeam itinerary, not "on an international flight". Also, except for the dedicated arrivals lounge at CDG, AF lounges cannot be used by arriving passengers.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:34 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Cape Cod
Programs: UA, JB, AA, DL
Posts: 12
We will be in MXP in Nov. and have Priority Pass and AX Platinum Business. Any club access? Flying Air Canada to Montreal
caribchakita is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:04 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BUR
Programs: AA, DL Gold (earned), AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 1,519
Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
We will be in MXP in Nov. and have Priority Pass and AX Platinum Business. Any club access? Flying Air Canada to Montreal
This question of more appropriate for the AC or Airport Lounges FT pages. Yes, PP will get you into the Sala Montale or Sala Monteverdi lounges. Both aren't great.
Oakshadow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread