Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Estimated MQM/MQD stated anywhere on reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*

When booking a trip, the Delta page says "you will earn XXX MQDs and XXX MQMs". After purchase, does it say that anywhere in the trip information or in your account info? I can't find anything, and didn't bother to make note at the time of booking.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
When booking a trip, the Delta page says "you will earn XXX MQDs and XXX MQMs". After purchase, does it say that anywhere in the trip information or in your account info? I can't find anything, and didn't bother to make note at the time of booking.
No, but it's pretty easy to do yourself with DL marketed flights. You can use a site like gcmap.com to get distance and it is generally consistent within a few miles of what DL uses. MQMs on main cabin fares earn 100% miles flown (with 500 mile minimum per segment) as MQMs (other than pricey Y/B fares which earn 150%). PS fares and most F/D1 fares (other than pricey full J) earn 150% of miles flown as MQMs. MQM earn on tier 1 partner marketed flights is very much similar. MQD earn is just base fare on receipt exclusive of taxes (although you need to include any carrier-imposed fees on international fares). MQD earn on partner marketed flights is mileage-based and gets more complicated.
ATOBTTR likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 21, 2022 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:31 pm

There may be an easier way but how I check MQDs is just checking the Base Fare for your receipt. If you have the receipt email, you can easily view it there, but if not, Click on your name in the top-right > Profile > My Trips > View Receipts (in the banner at the top that says "Upcoming Trips" below the number of upcoming trips) and select your trip.

MQMs can be determined by just adding up the miles flown in the trip details for all legs of your trip. Be sure to account for any MQM multipliers that may be included with premium cabins. Again, there may be an easier way but that's what's worked for me so far
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Titanium; *A Gold
No, but you can calculate both. On DL marketed flights, MQD will be the total fare price minus taxes. https://pnr.sh/ will show you estimated MQDs, and you can add distance together for MQMs.

There are other sites for MQM as well, including Great Circle Mapper and https://skymilescalculator.com/
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can sometimes do a dummy booking to see MQM/MQD earnings.

Alternatively, for MQDs find the fare plus carrier imposed fees on your ticket receipt (click at the top of your itinerary).

For MQMs, the miles for each segment usually appears on the right side of your itinerary (PNR) or you can use the "flight status" on the DL app to check, clicking on "more information" to see the distance. DL's numbers are often somewhat different from information on outside websites and other reference sources. Also, the MQMs that DL actually gives can be slightly different (both plus or minus IME) from even DL's own distance data.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Good. I wondered if anyone else had this question. As suggested above, I normally run a dummy booking to get MQMs and the MQDs can be calculated easily by pulling up the receipt.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Thanks everyone! Sure would be nice if Delta could add this info post purchase.

(I guess making a note of it at time of booking is too difficult for me...lol)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:53 pm

In case you missed my other post, it is possible to view MQDs by looking at the Base Fare on your receipt. If you don't have the receipt, then go to the Delta website, click on your name in the top-right > Profile > My Trips > View Receipts (in the banner at the top that says "Upcoming Trips" below the number of upcoming trips) and select your trip. You can also view it at the bottom of the "My Wallet" portion of the app.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

It would also be nice if you could click to see the fare rules after purchase as well as the original booking code before any upgrades (which can matter for MQM earning, which is based on the original purchased fare class).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.