FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Noooooooo. Airport Amex Hawkers Are Back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2083411-noooooooo-airport-amex-hawkers-back.html)

DLASflyer Jun 17, 2022 5:54 am

Noooooooo. Airport Amex Hawkers Are Back

Multiple American Express employees are in the middle of Concourse A at DTW right now screaming “100,000 mile offer!”

It was so nice not to be accosted by them during the pandemic.

jetsfan92588 Jun 17, 2022 6:49 am

I'll take that any day over AA FAs 10 minute pitch announcement for their credit card while you're trying to sleep or watch a movie.

david55 Jun 17, 2022 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 34343988)
Multiple American Express employees are in the middle of Concourse A at DTW right now screaming “100,000 mile offer!”

It was so nice not to be accosted by them during the pandemic.

It makes one long for the days of Hira Krishna in the airport concourses.

sydneyracquelle Jun 17, 2022 6:53 am

Wonderful. Now even more crowded SCs.

flyerCO Jun 17, 2022 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 (Post 34344104)
I'll take that any day over AA FAs 10 minute pitch announcement for their credit card while you're trying to sleep or watch a movie.

It's sad, even the AA FA hate it.

Zorak Jun 17, 2022 9:20 am

This is probably Hall-of-Pathetic-Rants material, but some of the CLEAR folks can be pretty annoying too. On account of a spectacular AC Express meltdown this past weekend, and the fact that they have no bag office at IAD, over the course of an evening and the following afternoon I went back and forth between their ticket counter and the arrivals level at Dulles multiple times and every time I got within hailing distance of the signup kiosks "would you like to try CLEAR today?" "I'm already a member and I'm not even flying right now :mad:" It wasn't the same person every time at least...

KRUXED Jun 17, 2022 9:36 am

Back? I don’t think they ever left ATL

keitherson Jun 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Alaska does this as well. It ain't cool.

cubeman Jun 17, 2022 1:34 pm

Some of my Delta flights now they have been pitching cards, wonder if it's a test to see if it would lead to more sign-ups. I thought the COVID speel about masks was long but now with everything back plus the "mask are optional" I feel like you could do an LGA-BOS and not even finish the pre-flight video.

Adelphos Jun 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 34344112)
Wonderful. Now even more crowded SCs.

Yeah, people seem to blame the Amex Platinum for SkyClub crowding, but Amex/Delta has hawked the Delta Reserve like crazy the past couple of years, and is continuing to do so today with 110K mile offers, limited edition cards, etc.

KRUXED Jun 17, 2022 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 34345176)
Alaska does this as well. It ain't cool.

lol. This is nothing. Have any of you flown Ryanair? Ohh man… 🤦

keitherson Jun 17, 2022 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by KRUXED (Post 34345290)
lol. This is nothing. Have any of you flown Ryanair? Ohh man… 🤦

I'll buy a scratch ticket.

kochleffel Jun 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Would you rather have Moonies? Years ago they were always at CLE at the top of the escalators to baggage claim, next to a sign saying that they were soliciting under court order. To be clear, the court hadn't ordered them to solicit; it had ordered the airport to allow it.

ryandc99 Jun 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by KRUXED (Post 34344543)
Back? I don’t think they ever left ATL

They were gone from ATL for at least the past 2 years. This is horrid news.

manacit Jun 17, 2022 3:16 pm

Does this really bother people? I always smile and say I already have one and keep walking, if anyone talks to me.

They're way nicer than the Greenpeace or ASPCA people on the street that won't take no for an answer.