Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Old Jun 25, 22, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Does anyone have visibility as to whether these cards will sell out before August 3rd? The website just says "while supplies last."
Why do you ask?
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Why do you ask?
I used a choice benefit for a SkyClub membership a few months ago so might as well wait as long as possible to get the 747 card because I already have the primary benefit.
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
I used a choice benefit for a SkyClub membership a few months ago so might as well wait as long as possible to get the 747 card because I already have the primary benefit.
CB selection SC membership runs till end of the elite year.
Old Jun 25, 22, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
This is exactly what I got..another purple replacement card.... after i had a 15 minute conversation with the agent and them confirming that I would get the 747 edition. Super disappointed.
Old Jun 26, 22, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arunhn View Post
This is exactly what I got..another purple replacement card.... after i had a 15 minute conversation with the agent and them confirming that I would get the 747 edition. Super disappointed.
Did the card icon change on your online account? It should go from purple to the 747 version.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by arunhn View Post
Requesting a replacement card online allows you to choose the 747 special edition card. No agent involved who could make a mistake.
Mr. Tickets and DLASflyer like this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Hyatt Exploits
Received mine - it looks fine - the monochromatic nature of the color scheme makes the card look a bit flat, for lack of a better word. I think the purple card looks better. I will keep this for a bit then likely request the purple back.

Pictured with the Wiley Amex Plat

arunhn likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
Received mine - it looks fine - the monochromatic nature of the color scheme makes the card look a bit flat, for lack of a better word. I think the purple card looks better. I will keep this for a bit then likely request the purple back.
Can you show us what the back looks like?
Old Jun 26, 22, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It doesn't say Reserve card on the front. I'm imagining some clueless DL agent or SC dragon not believing that it's a Reserve card and denying benefits.
WGM likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta
Neither did the purple card, but I never had any problems..
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It doesn't say Reserve card on the front. I'm imagining some clueless DL agent or SC dragon not believing that it's a Reserve card and denying benefits.
Originally Posted by CalebMCO View Post
Neither did the purple card, but I never had any problems..
Same. Plus, I can't even remember the last time I had to physically produce my card to enter, since it's linked to my account.

I have seen on various occasions a laminated sheet with pictures of all the different AMEX cards that get you into the club, and the fee where required, so presumably they will update that with the new card image.

Speaking of which, I noticed in the app that the card holder name on the card representation is IVY LEE and not the usual C F FROST.

I am guessing this is not a reference to the Singaporean actress...: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Lee_(actress)

... but rather the American businessman/entrepreneur? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Lee

Google tells me he lent his name to a method for maintaining productivity, although Wikipedia also says "Lee is best known for his public relations work with the Rockefeller Family and the Nazi Regime."

Although I also turned up an MR points catalog targeted at Malaysia that has the same name on the card image on the first page so maybe it is the actress: https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...ue-Jan2022.pdf
DELee and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:42 pm

got mine today. I like it, but as other have said, I think i like the purple card better.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Neither did the purple card

having said that everyone, remember to update your card info in the Delta app. I could see that being an issue.
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
having said that everyone, remember to update your card info in the Delta app. I could see that being an issue.
Why? Reserve cardmembership is tied to Delta systems via Skymiles account number. Whether you use the Reserve card as a form of payment makes no difference.
Old Jun 29, 22, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
I'm pretty secure with my self and don't need to put on a show to pretend I'm more important than I am.

My goal in life is to keep my wallet LESS heavy, not more. Old Black reserve card is nice and light. Wish my platinum card could be plastic too
hahaha wow you dont sound secure with all the over compensating. It has nothing to do with other people. Its fun, and a great design. But if you are SO concerned about people thinking things about you that you actively avoid certain things like metal cards, I would say you are in fact concerned.

5 grams increased weight is nothing. Your wallet wont tell a difference.
Old Jun 29, 22, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Got the new design today. Beautiful card.

Search this Thread