Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Delta debuts limited-edition Amex Reserve card, made from a Boeing 747

Old Jun 17, 22, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
Already have the DL AX Platinum and the real Platinum card…any benefit to having the DL Reserve too or just for the SUB and downgrade?
Can be an upgrade tiebreaker with someone that has the same medallion status and fare class as you. Nice MQM bonus for each 30k spent, also.
Old Jun 17, 22, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Got my on order too now. Went through the chat in the App, easy enough. Took just a few minutes.
Old Jun 17, 22, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Already have the DL AX Platinum and the real Platinum card…any benefit to having the DL Reserve too or just for the SUB and downgrade?
Companion cert - BOGO a ticket that would cost more than the AF. If this isn't your pattern then not really; the MQM benefits differ slightly.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 3:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Hyatt Exploits
I had all of these cards and ultimately went with an Amex Platinum / Delta Reserve combo

1) I get some value (but not much) from the first class companion ticket
2) I like the extra 5K MQM boost at $30K in spending
3) I have been in situations this year where I was say 4th in like for an upgrade with 4 seats available, and gotten it - not sure if “earned Platinum” or Delta Reserve made a difference, but it may have
4) New Amex Platinum pays for itself for me so I have no issue carrying both cards
Old Jun 18, 22, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, free agent flier
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
I managed to get a larger piece from N666US before it was recycled. I wonder how many credit cards could be made from it

That is an amazing memento. I'm jealous.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Received mine today...

David
ATOBTTR, Mhyduchak and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is a new Reserve account, right? I have the impression that new cards are being sent out more quickly than "replacement" cards when existing cardholders request a replacement card in order to pick the 747 design.

In other words, I'm jealous that you're getting your 747 card so fast.
jamesteroh and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
This is a new Reserve account, right? I have the impression that new cards are being sent out more quickly than "replacement" cards when existing cardholders request a replacement card in order to pick the 747 design.

Amex overnights new premium card accounts but only uses First Class Mail for standard replacement cards, so your impression is correct. I've changed designs on my Platinum, Gold, BBP, and now the Reserve and every replacement was sent via First Class Mail and took about a week to arrive despite all of them being overnighted when I first opened the account, with the exception of the BBP which is not a premium card.
jamesteroh and JBJ2435 like this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

Correct. That being said, I've been debating which AMEX to get and have asked the FTer who referred me a few times for different referrals before finally pulling the trigger when the card hit the street last week. So he got the referral and I got the card.

Sadly, I'd held off purchasing a set of DL flights for one of my kids until the card arrived today. So I then it popped into my account and made the flight purchases - only to figure out that I'd picked the wrong AMEX in my stored cards because this new card and one of my other AMEX have the same last four digits...SMH.

David

p.s. Have since removed the other AMEX from my account...duh...
Old Jun 21, 22, 4:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Correct. That being said, I've been debating which AMEX to get and have asked the FTer who referred me a few times for different referrals before finally pulling the trigger when the card hit the street last week. So he got the referral and I got the card.

Sadly, I'd held off purchasing a set of DL flights for one of my kids until the card arrived today. So I then it popped into my account and made the flight purchases - only to figure out that I'd picked the wrong AMEX in my stored cards because this new card and one of my other AMEX have the same last four digits...SMH.

David

p.s. Have since removed the other AMEX from my account...duh...
Did you cancel the tickets (refund within 24 hours really means midnight of the next day) and re-purchase with the Reserve card?
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 5:29 am

Is it true these cards aren't all metal, but mostly plastic? If so, anyone know what part is metal? Just the plane?
Old Jun 21, 22, 11:34 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by Auston View Post
Is it true these cards aren't all metal, but mostly plastic? If so, anyone know what part is metal? Just the plane?
That would make sense, wouldn't it?
Old Jun 21, 22, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Just ordered. Thanks for letting us know OP!
Old Jun 21, 22, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Just ordered my replacement. I like the purple metal but this is too good to pass up. Should be here mid next week.
Old Jun 21, 22, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Hard pass...I'm holding on to my plastic card as long as I can. I have 1 more year before I have to go metal.

Search this Thread