Wiki Posts
Search

Percent boarded now visible in app

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by kenn0223
I ask “Has everyone in First boarded already or are you still waiting?” It’s a hard question to misunderstand.
To ekozie's point, it's too easy for the GA to give the answer that gets the flight closed fastest, which is the same one that gets you on the plane asap. That said, it's not possible to prove they're lying until you scan your BP and board and find open seats in F. I let myself be mad for a couple seconds then have to move on with life.
DenverBrian, ekozie, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
That's neat and all, but who cares?
I do - lets me know how fast I need to run when I took to long sipping my mimosa in the SkyClub.

Of course assuming it’s actually showing % boarded (it does show which zones have called, so that somewhat helpful.)
digitalpuppy likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:24 pm

Just curious, for those who ask the GA if F has fully boarded, do you still board with your normal zone and step to the side/exit the line if the GA says it isn't fully boarded? Also, are you concerned about overhead bins being full and potentially needing to check your bags or do you trust the dedicated C+ bins enough to not worry about that? I had a recent flight where I was first in the list with 0 seats available and considered doing something similar but wasn't really sure how to go about it so I just boarded as normal. I did see one empty seat in F as I went to my seat but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for my sanity) the seat was occupied soon after I settled in.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:22 am

Would love a more useful feature, such as what the current real status of the plane is - like a progress bar until boarding (eg waiting on crew, plane being serviced, ready for boarding).
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jjl468
Just curious, for those who ask the GA if F has fully boarded, do you still board with your normal zone and step to the side/exit the line if the GA says it isn't fully boarded? Also, are you concerned about overhead bins being full and potentially needing to check your bags or do you trust the dedicated C+ bins enough to not worry about that?
if you want to play the #teamboardlast game you should pack light and not use a roller. The worst are people who both want to play the game AND then want to demand FAs do a bunch of tetrising to make room for their gigantic rollaboard when they finally do board at the last second.
FabCW, Mhyduchak, jjl468 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
All they really need is a "Are you going to upgrade me?"

Yes = Green, Here's your new seat.
No - Red, Go ahead and board based on your priority.
It's possible. You're near the top of the list and someone hasn't boarded yet = Purple, hang back a minute and we'll let you know.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
All they really need is a "Are you going to upgrade me?"

Yes = Green, Here's your new seat.
No - Red, Go ahead and board based on your priority.
It's possible. You're near the top of the list and someone hasn't boarded yet = Purple, hang back a minute and we'll let you know.
Too much room for shenanigans. They just tell you red and then when there is in fact a no-snow, they can just upgrade their buddy because all the confirmed passengers already boarded. So you either need a GA who cares more about elite benefits than their friends, or one who knows you have got your eyes on them (and are willing to give up the overhead space…)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Too much room for shenanigans. They just tell you red and then when there is in fact a no-snow, they can just upgrade their buddy because all the confirmed passengers already boarded. So you either need a GA who cares more about elite benefits than their friends, or one who knows you have got your eyes on them (and are willing to give up the overhead space…)
​​​​​​
Saw this happen with an FA last week. Her friend declined since she was with friends in C+. During taxi, another FA came to who I assume was #1 and told her she could move once in the air. Besides that, the crew was amazing. Never had as many passes through the cabin on a 1000 mile flight. F FA came through C+ several times asking if anyone wanted another drink.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
When I see they can accomplish something like this that is "okay", but certainly not needed, I wonder why they can't make the app/website functional for applying GUCs; or cancelling flights that involve ecredits. Or a list of other things that are actually important now that customer service is basically unavailable.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:39 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
What kind of DL IT nonsense is this? A plain circle can easily be confused for other things like: how much fuel is left on flight, time remaining, distance remaining, passenger sentiment etc.

The proper way to show this by 1) real-time percentage that updates or 2) show the sequence of the amount of people that have boarded out of the total passengers for the flight.

DL needs to hire the qualified designers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.