Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Maybe DL will speed things up if a complaint to the DOT is filed.

https://www.transportation.gov/indiv...ection/refunds
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Still waiting on a response from June here too.

One thing that annoys the hell out of me: the cancellation confirmation form should be automated. It's not hard (or at least it shouldn't be) to RPA that process and system generate a confirmation to people who need it for travel insurance etc.

That and their chat tool (undoubtedly a McKinsey/BCG/Bain suggestion) are two of the most frustrating processes from a consumer perspective that I've ever encountered.
I'm also waiting on a response since June 18. And yeah the chat tool is absolutely worthless.
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm also waiting on a response since June 18. And yeah the chat tool is absolutely worthless.
I got a response yesterday for a complaint filed around that time, so you might be getting a response soon!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Maybe DL will speed things up if a complaint to the DOT is filed.

https://www.transportation.gov/indiv...ection/refunds
My experience with various airlines is that it speeds up the response time. I haven't had to do it with Delta though.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I got an email yesterday telling me they haven't forgotten my complaint. To be honest, I can't remember what it was anymore! :-)
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Can I ask people here how long it usually takes for DL to proceed with reimbursement ? I was affected by a cancellation on June 17 and asked for reimbursement to the original forms of payment. There were 2 forms of payment : the credit card of my company for the ticket and my own CC for paid upgrades. When I selected « reimbursement to original forms of payment”, the 2 CC were clearly displayed.
As of today, I can’t see any credit on my CC. I can’t check for the company card.
Thanks
Originally Posted by physicsdude
It takes between one to two weeks for any kind of refund based on my experience. Because it's over that two week limit, try contacting them again and at worst case, just do a charge back to your credit card. Usually cc companies are quick for the charge back.
Originally Posted by Yaddablahblah
A single data point from me is a canceled flight on Memorial Day (5/30) was refunded to my cc almost 4 weeks later on 6/26.
Just to report a data point here : last week as I still had received no reimbursement from DL (since June 17 !) and no news from AF on the complaint (as AF is handling DL France-based customers), I did as suggested by physicsdude : I called Amex and asked for a charge back. It's all done now...
Thanks for the advices given here.
lindros2 and physicsdude like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:16 am

Should we discuss the IT issues this morning here as well?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Should we discuss the IT issues this morning here as well?
That's not the operational issues being discussed here and there are several threads about it already
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Early morning flight today (Aug 21) AUS to JFK (DL1166), initially delayed by 3.5 hrs. Now 11.5 hrs. I jumped on an AA early for 10.5k miles. On time departure and arrival.

Cancelled my Delta ticket and requested for refund. Delta rebooks me on another evening flight after I CANCELLED. What a mess!
​​​​​
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Early morning flight today (Aug 21) AUS to JFK (DL1166), initially delayed by 3.5 hrs. Now 11.5 hrs. I jumped on an AA early for 10.5k miles. On time departure and arrival.

Cancelled my Delta ticket and requested for refund. Delta rebooks me on another evening flight after I CANCELLED. What a mess!
​​​​​
You lucked out with the AA flight. All airlines are dealing with delays in the NE today due to weather. Indeed, 14% of AA flights today have been delayed and 7% have been canceled -- far more than DL. 18% of flights into JFK (across airlines) have been delayed.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion

​​​​​
thats a painful delay… did they say why it was delayed almost 12 hours ?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
thats a painful delay… did they say why it was delayed almost 12 hours ?
I believe ops issues, at least initially. The morning flight was supposed to use the inbound flight from JFK last night, but another flight bound for JFK last night went mx, and used that inbound which was originally allocated for the morning flight.

No idea if weather has played an issue for the long delay today... probably. Regardless, I took matters on my own. I would still be in AUS if otherwise.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:37 pm

​​​​​
Same happened to me months back. Hilariously, I woke up the next morning with iOS boarding and landing notifications for the flight I didn’t take.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yaddablahblah
Same happened to me months back. Hilariously, I woke up the next morning with iOS boarding and landing notifications for the flight I didn’t take.
​​​​​​
Apparently my ticket cannot cancelled. Trying to do the right thing and open my seat for someone else in need...sheesh

May need to pursue this further after, whenever the flight decides to take off - both the original flight and the rebooked flight are still delayed.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
If you look at cancellation numbers from the past few weeks, things are slowly improving. Still frustrating when you get caught up in it but "Delta continues to weaken operationally" is not an accurate assessment of the trajectory.

Delta canceled 26 flights today and 21 yesterday.
that part is true but how many flights did they pre cancel to shrink the schedule? Prior to the 26 today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.