Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
I'll be the contrarian for once. Having just dealt with 36 hours of the clownshow of incompetence and buffoonery that is Air France right now, Delta seems like a finely-tuned, well-oiled machine in comparison.

At least most Delta employees actually do care and have an interest in making things right. Many of them going way above board. You'll find NONE of that at AF (and many other carriers).
Could you be more specific? On Sunday I fly DL OKC-ATL then AF to CDG and on to WAW. I thought not flying DL on to CDG or especially AMS would be safer than AF?
I am also worried about my 7/8/22 return back through AMS and thought to switch to AF and go through CDG so relevant information could impact my travel plans.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Was (supposed) to fly BNA - MSP tonight. Inbound arrived on time and all looked good until it went mechanical.

Was supposed to depart at 6:20pm, delayed til 11pm. Then around 8:15pm delayed until 7am the next morning.

$30pp in meal vouchers. Hotel vouchers.

We skipped the hotel and rented a car to drive back home (we took an Uber to the airport) and will try again tomorrow morning.

This is going to be a brutal next few days.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
We did find your missing pilots though, here they are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4hnRH7tu0
Only off-duty pilots picketed. Supposedly pilot coverage was pretty good today.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
I'll be the contrarian for once. Having just dealt with 36 hours of the clownshow of incompetence and buffoonery that is Air France right now, Delta seems like a finely-tuned, well-oiled machine in comparison.

At least most Delta employees actually do care and have an interest in making things right. Many of them going way above board. You'll find NONE of that at AF (and many other carriers).
That’s never been my experience. AF staff is usually going above and beyond. For the record, my last few flights on DL have been cancelled or delayed and none of that has happened to me on my AF segments. There is a big subjective aspect to the way we perceive airlines based on our own experiences.
emma dog and Goldorak like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by FabCW
That’s never been my experience. AF staff is usually going above and beyond. For the record, my last few flights on DL have been cancelled or delayed and none of that has happened to me on my AF segments. There is a big subjective aspect to the way we perceive airlines based on our own experiences.
AF/Paris airports are going on strike this weekend so keep an eye on your flight.

https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/20...uly-3-update-1
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I am very sure DL is playing tricks with the delay and cancellation numbers. Real world data suggest otherwise. I took 4 DL flights, 3 were very delayed and 1 was cancelled, rebooked and very delayed. I had coworkers traveling on United, 11 flights and 10 were completely on-time by every metric and 1 was slightly delayed. Family member cheaped out and flew on Spirit to Mexico and both legs were on-time but on return via Delta, it was delayed.

I know every airline is having issues but I think UA is doing better than others. As many said, DL is too arrogant from past success and just dont know how to handle massive amount of cancellations and delays. Man, I have gotten crap from everyone for paying higher fare with DL but getting none of that supposely stella "on-time" performance.

Plus, I saw some really stressed out agents that was going into mental breakdown, and were barking and yelling at passengers for no reason. The pandemic really turned the industry upside down and DL is at or near the bottom now.
unitedbusiness and melissaru like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dls25
AF/Paris airports are going on strike this weekend so keep an eye on your flight.

https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/20...uly-3-update-1
It's not an AF strike, but ADP (the airport operator)
FabCW likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
At BOS this morning... surprisingly terminal A (Delta) is not insane... no massive lines or anything. Short line at skypriority checkin, no precheck security line. Was expecting armageddon and the airport to look like a refugee camp like it did a couple weeks ago when people were sleeping everywhere. Skyclub quiet as well.

Flight board shows everything on time - shocked

Fyi for those who fly out of BOS - the new security checkpoint is open for precheck and clear+pre to the far left now, past skypriority check in. STill under construction but its operational.. dumps you in the terminal where the old exit used to be by gate A11.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by rylan
At BOS this morning... surprisingly terminal A (Delta) is not insane... no massive lines or anything. Short line at skypriority checkin, no precheck security line. Was expecting armageddon and the airport to look like a refugee camp like it did a couple weeks ago when people were sleeping everywhere. Skyclub quiet as well.

Flight board shows everything on time - shocked

Fyi for those who fly out of BOS - the new security checkpoint is open for precheck and clear+pre to the far left now, past skypriority check in. STill under construction but its operational.. dumps you in the terminal where the old exit used to be by gate A11.
Same - I was pleasantly surprised. Terminal is definitely crowded but the new CLEAR precheck security area is an absolute welcome change and was very fast
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Morning JFK-SFO is canceled, it’s a 763
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by lonelygod
It’s stunning how many JFK-SFO/LAX flights they’ve been canceling…for such a high profile and high profit route with so much competition…
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
It’s stunning how many JFK-SFO/LAX flights they’ve been canceling…for such a high profile and high profit route with so much competition…
There aren't enough pilots.

The planes can't fly themselves.

Also, a lot more people flying, and flying to Florida.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lonelygod
I think they canceled that one a day ahead too.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's not an AF strike, but ADP (the airport operator)
What impact would that have on me arriving at CDG on AF from ATL then going on to WAW on 7/4/22?
The only alternative for my DL ticket is to go through AMS rather than CDG to reach WAW.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Those really are irrelevant considerations. There are 9+ seats available on the 3 remaining JFK-SFO flights today, and on 4 of today's JFK-LAX flights. both routes have tons of options to rebook passengers on not only nonstop, but one stop options. If you have to cancel a flight, better to do it on one where you can accommodate passengers on other flights. Probably similar to the calculus that led AA to cancel one JFK-SFO and 2 JFK-LAX flights yesterday. (Of course, the FT network planners know better)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.