What's the Tea with Sky Club's Tea???

Old Jun 24, 22, 8:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Off-topic, as it has nothing to do with Delta. But on-topic, as it has to do with tea.
Originally Posted by Moyerclan View Post
My big peeve is tea served in coffee-tasting mugs. Ugh.
And, in hotels, hot water urns that have held coffee and retain the taste and smell. (I believe that "have held coffee" and "retain the taste and smell" is redundant.)
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
I genuinely did not know how many other people do this too. (Mine is a ragtag mix of different brands and teas, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.) One of my co-workers actually traveled with a tea kettle (not the thing you put in a cup to boil water, an actual electric kettle), but I thought that was a bit much.
I travel with an assortment of tea, too. I use the heating coil you put in a mug. I've seen the collapsible travel kettles but haven't bought one (yet). So far, the heating coil works fine for my needs.
Old Jun 24, 22, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by serpens View Post
Off-topic, as it has nothing to do with Delta. But on-topic, as it has to do with tea.

And, in hotels, hot water urns that have held coffee and retain the taste and smell. (I believe that "have held coffee" and "retain the taste and smell" is redundant.)
Also the hotels that give you tea pods - which you use in the coffee pod machine, so they taste like . . .
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Also the hotels that give you tea pods - which you use in the coffee pod machine, so they taste like . . .
Garbage because they don't clean the machines that often and the coffee residue builds up and oxidizes over the weeks and makes it taste unbearable.
josephstern and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 6:54 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by emancj View Post
[And, yes. I am partial to Twinings' Earl Grey. I believe Harney's a very decent substitute. Tazo was engineered for crass palates and Pure Leaf is pure... yeah).
Twinings makes a solid everyday tea. Also good: M&S Earl Grey (I used to stock up every time I flew to/from Europe) and Taylors of Harrogate (another British brand which you might recognize from US Marriotts, but which you can order online).

Originally Posted by serpens View Post

Yes, in particular the lower end hotels tend to be terrible at this (unless they have one of those coffee dispensers with the separate hot water spout), and conferences at larger facilities are usually (but not always) also terrible. In an emergency, I'll oversteep a black tea and then dump a ton of milk and sugar in it.

Which brings us to a slightly more on topic question... tea on airplanes (ie: hot water on airplanes): yea or nay?
Old Jun 27, 22, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Harney but only in decaf at SLC.

Old Jun 27, 22, 1:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat; AS 75K; UA Gold MM; AA Exec Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Amb; Hilton Gold; National EE
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Harney but only in decaf at SLC.
Where is the haha button when you need one?
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Where is the haha button when you need one?
Decaf? Decaf? What is THAT stuff? I don't know anyone in Scotland that drinks decaffeinated Ceylon let alone decaf tea.

Search this Thread