Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Automated Meal and Hotel Voucher for service recovery (Consolidated)

Automated Meal and Hotel Voucher for service recovery (Consolidated)

Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Got the hotel text last month when we were in danger of a misconnect in ATL due to a mechanical. There was a significant list of them with some like the Gateway Marriott complex labeled as ‘something like Premium’.

We made the flight so I didn’t click through but I am curious about the Premium tag- is there a copay? We’re only certain elite levels given access to those?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They've never reimbursed those.
They cancelled a flight a few months ago and my wife had her extra Uber to and from the airport reimbursed. Check showed up a few days ago. They didn’t even ask for proof but it was only about $70.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
They cancelled a flight a few months ago and my wife had her extra Uber to and from the airport reimbursed. Check showed up a few days ago. They didn’t even ask for proof but it was only about $70.
Nice. This is new then,I remember either CoC or the policy specifically excluded costs when at "home."
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nice. This is new then,I remember either CoC or the policy specifically excluded costs when at "home."
Maybe a ymmv situation
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I missed this whole reply thread - sorry.
My point is that my flight from EWR >>> ATL was delayed (the whole day was messed up), and I got the voucher - while enroute to Atlanta - for a hotel *IN Atlanta.

Where I live.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:39 pm

This is new and very interesting!
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by FabCW
This is new and very interesting!
And kind of sad at the same time that this is no longer a rare situation but a much more common occurrence.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:27 am

I recall one of the agents telling me about how IT was working on providing the ability for Diamonds (and other eligible customers) to get a hotel booked via the app, instead of having an agent wait on the phone for authorization. I believe this also includes weather related delays as well for Diamonds. This was earlier during the year where I was stuck in LGA for two days due to snow storms.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Today I received a text with a $15 meal voucher for a 3+ hour delay JFK-BOS. I was able to use the app and rebook myself EWR-BOS, arriving around the original schedule, but I still got the meal voucher at around 5 PM. I've seen scattered reports that since it's technically a credit card, you can use it to reload food apps, like Starbucks or Chick-fil-A. As always, YMMV.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ianmanka
I've seen scattered reports that since it's technically a credit card, you can use it to reload food apps, like Starbucks or Chick-fil-A. As always, YMMV.
Never thought of that. I got one of these vouchers this morning for a delay, and I just successfully reloaded Starbucks with it.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Never thought of that. I got one of these vouchers this morning for a delay, and I just successfully reloaded Starbucks with it.
Just be careful. Some vendors roundup to next $ even for .00. Thus $15 they try and authorize as $16

not a major issue, but if you use it at say 2 or morr vendors, you could have issue getting to authorize.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 10:54 am

I was scheduled to fly from PBI-LGA yesterday and the flight got delayed by over an hour. I caught the delay in the morning and called Delta to change my flight to JFK, which they did. When I got to the airport, I received a text message that the flight was delayed with the $15 meal voucher. I made sure that the JFK flight wasn't delayed, which it wasn't. So even though I changed flights, I still received the meal voucher from the initial delayed flight. Fun times!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.