Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been turned away from the Delta lounge for arriving too early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone been turned away from the Delta lounge for arriving too early?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Does the Delta AMEX Reserve give your access to clubs upon arrival? I thought you only got sky club access at the departure and/or connecting airport but not the destination airport.
Yes it does.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Scheduled to fly at night, standing by in the morning. Do I have morning club access?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Scheduled to fly at night, standing by in the morning. Do I have morning club access?
Yes.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Yes, assuming that you genuinely intend to take the standby seat if you clear on the morning flight.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, assuming that you genuinely intend to take the standby seat if you clear on the morning flight.
How do the kiosks determine 'genuine intent'?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by kale73
Artificial intelligence :-)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:57 am

Re

I had to book seperate tickets Bos-Sfo on Delta and Sfo-Sgn Vietnam airlines. It took them awhile to understand but they allowed skyclub at Sfo. Somehow Vietnam airlines flights cant get connected to Delta flights yet despite both being on skyteam
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kale73
In practice, DL could do something (not sure what, perhaps charge the guest lounge fee?) if you make a pattern of using a lounge early based on a SDS request and then failing to take a SDS seat that's offered to you. In the extreme, they could ban you from participating in the DL FF program or from ever entering a DL lounge.

When folks have made a pattern of skipping final legs (which made their tickets much cheaper), IIRC DL (although I might be thinking of another airline) has billed them for the fare difference, giving them the choice ton pay or be banned from the FF program.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Originally Posted by jiburi
As for entry restrictions, I overheard a couple who was 15 minutes early to DEN lounge but was allowed entry as occupancy wasn't a problem. The agent clearly indicated, "You are 15 minutes early, but we will gladly welcome you in now".
I would hope that this would be standard policy . . . if the lounge is not busy (let's define that as "less than 50% of seating capacity"), and not reasonably expected to become busy in the near future, access should be granted prior to the 3-hour window.
yogimax likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I had no problem with the RDU lounge a week ago - about 30 minutes before the 3 hour time frame.
Will be curious at the end of the trip when I'm returning on the DEN-DTW red eye that departs DEN at 1255 am.
I'm swapping the car back to the folks I'm pet sitting for about 6 pm. Figured I'd use my DL reserve in the Centurion lounge first (it closes at 9 pm) and then the SkyClub (which doesn't close until 1 am. Is that the latest in the whole system?)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:52 pm

IIRC Centurion lounges don't permit entry more than three hours before departure (this does not apply to connections) except for Centurion card members. I'm not aware of any exception when the Centurion lounge closes well before the flight's scheduled departure.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by andrewk829
I would hope that this would be standard policy . . . if the lounge is not busy (let's define that as "less than 50% of seating capacity"), and not reasonably expected to become busy in the near future, access should be granted prior to the 3-hour window.
That probably is the unwritten policy: by making the entitlement only 3 hours, that eliminates grounds to complain about being denied entry before one's window opens. Publishing something like "you can come in before if the club isn't crowded" is a recipe for "you can't be serious, this club isn't crowded!"
Statman and Duke787 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ttanin
I had to book seperate tickets Bos-Sfo on Delta and Sfo-Sgn Vietnam airlines. It took them awhile to understand but they allowed skyclub at Sfo. Somehow Vietnam airlines flights cant get connected to Delta flights yet despite both being on skyteam
VN only recently started US flights. There's not been a need to worry before. Also VN of course operates out of entirely different concourse at SFO.

Even KLM has this issue. When AUS/AMS flights started, DL SC @ AUS wasn't setup to read KLM BP.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by bubbashow
You are allowed access on arrival. Just show them that boarding pass. You are covered. Done.
I thought the new rules eliminated access for arriving pax. Have they changed again?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I thought the new rules eliminated access for arriving pax. Have they changed again?
Yes, there was an uproar and DL walked back on that part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.