Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta To Fly MCO-MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I've been on everything from a 767 to an ERJ on this route with Delta and their DL Connection carriers.

Delta with 767 and MD-88
Comair CRJ
ASA CRJ
Freedom Airlines ERJ

Freedom actually had the best service. They actually managed to do a drink service on that route.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Yeah, they flew to numerous underserved (from Orlando) destinations such as Pensacola and Tallahassee. I remember their planes parked along the tramway route between the main terminal and the Delta airside building.
Yep. The button to go down there is still in the SkyClub elevator. Kinda wanted to push it to see what would happen the last time i was there.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Was actually considering LIS>CDG>MIA>MCO in late Oct for ~$100 more for PS over LIS>AMS >MCO main cabin. But the layover in MIA is four hours and traveling with wife and multiple kids.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Yep. The button to go down there is still in the SkyClub elevator. Kinda wanted to push it to see what would happen the last time i was there.
The old Gate 60 was decommissioned over a decade ago and I believe the space for it was redeveloped into a expansion for the Airside 4 CBP facility.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Was actually considering LIS>CDG>MIA>MCO in late Oct for ~$100 more for PS over LIS>AMS >MCO main cabin. But the layover in MIA is four hours and traveling with wife and multiple kids.
If you're going to do it, 4 hours is a wise decision at MIA. There are so many international flights arriving there that Customs can be a zoo.

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The old Gate 60 was decommissioned over a decade ago and I believe the space for it was redeveloped into a expansion for the Airside 4 CBP facility.
I arrived there a couple weeks ago on a LH flight and was surprised how large the Customs area seemed to be now; it was larger than my memory recalled it to be the last time I arrived there from an AB flight years ago.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:30 am

If you're going to do it, 4 hours is a wise decision at MIA. There are so many international flights arriving there that Customs can be a zoo.
I have had trouble even reaching the Global Entry machines at MIA without a significant wait to reach the customs hall especially D/E (AA INTL arrivals).

I arrived there a couple weeks ago on a LH flight and was surprised how large the Customs area seemed to be now; it was larger than my memory recalled it to be the last time I arrived there from an AB flight years ago.
I believe that they did expand airside 4 INTL CBP a number of years ago.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.

Last edited by kmersh; Jun 13, 2022 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Air France is forced to stop a lot of their short domestic routes but DL is adding LGA-BDL and MCO-MIA? Hah.

-RM
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Air France is forced to stop a lot of their short domestic routes but DL is adding LGA-BDL and MCO-MIA? Hah.

-RM
I am not being snarky, I just honestly don't know what one has to do with the other.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by james318
I am not being snarky, I just honestly don't know what one has to do with the other.
I think he is just pointing out the difference between environmental regulations/philosophies in Europe vs. the United States.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by james318
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I think he is just pointing out the difference between environmental regulations/philosophies in Europe vs. the United States.
This. Thanks.

France has regulated AF via law to stop short haul domestic routes (yet didn't include CDG so just how serious are they?). Meanwhile, DL is going to add 100 mile hops and almost no-one in their right mind would take BDL-LGA ever -- either as O/D traffic or as true connecting traffic because the second there's a cloud in the sky LGA is on a ground delay/stop.

-RM
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
MCO-MIA is in the same boat as the domestic CDG flights: international connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.