Wiki Posts
Search

No PDB, No Amenity Kit in D1, JFK-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
had them on SLC-CDG/LHR/AMS, ATL-AMS, JNB-ATL, and AMS/CDG-SLC/ATL/MSP all within last month.
You flew all those within the last month? And I assume more than that as you mention JNB-ATL but no outbound to JNB. That's a lot of flying!!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LikeaGVI
You flew all those within the last month? And I assume more than that as you mention JNB-ATL but no outbound to JNB. That's a lot of flying!!
Yes. Before CV19 hit i was rarely home total (not consecutive) of 45 days in a year. I frequently would fly TATL/TPAC and back spend 1 night home,, and off again,, all in same week.

Flew to Africa via Europe.

I have earned (not status match) top tier in all three alliances, and through matches/comps, multiple top tier status within 2 of the 3 alliances.
steved5480 and FabCW like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Have you seen the new amenity kits? I was so unimpressed that I will be handing my back to the flight attendants . There’s no need to waste one on me
Yeah, I miss the Tumi kits too. But my kid and my nieces love the new ones - especially the purple/red/blue colorful version. Honestly, I only have so many cords that need organizing so I don't exactly need them, but I'm still annoyed I didn't get one on my last flight. I paid for D1, I expect to get the advertised product/services.
ebayj likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MS02113
Believe that socks have been eliminated from the new kits in favor of slippers, which are now provided on all long-haul flights (where previously they were only provided on a select few "ultra-long-haul" routes).
Ooh, I like that change!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes. Before CV19 hit i was rarely home total (not consecutive) of 45 days in a year. I frequently would fly TATL/TPAC and back spend 1 night home,, and off again,, all in same week.

Flew to Africa via Europe.

I have earned (not status match) top tier in all three alliances, and through matches/comps, multiple top tier status within 2 of the 3 alliances.
That's incredible. I love flying a lot, but I think that level of intensity would burn me out quickly. Pre-CV19 I think I could have done it, but not now. I'm flying just enough to maintain DL DM and AA EXP and nothing more. It's just too frustrating between flight multiple flight cancellations that have left me stranded my last 2 trips in a row and just an overall tense atmosphere I find now in the terminals and on airplanes from both passengers and employees. Makes me wonder if travel will ever be as pleasant as it was before CV19 or if this is the new normal?
ceebee100 and krakendown like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Probably getting crew miscatered or FA didn't put out..
Where are you meeting these flight attendants?
flyerCO, ikwia, DMPHL and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I remember those days when I was like that. My wife wasn't very happy and let me know it, so eventually I had my wings clipped. A lot less flying now and a lot more family time.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, MR Plat
Just to add to the slippers in place of socks discussion, D1 BOS-EDI (and return) had slippers this week. A nice change, IMO!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by nycguy1978
Just to add to the slippers in place of socks discussion, D1 BOS-EDI (and return) had slippers this week. A nice change, IMO!
Agreed. Better.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
No amenity kit is normal on transcon flights.

PDB is hit and miss.

​​​​​
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I didn’t get a PDB on my boat trip this week. But the captain had a few Coors Light before we departed.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Just as a side note, on a flight earlier in the week I noticed a lot of folks in D1 left their amenity kits on the plane. These were the Tumi nylon pouch kind, so I'm assuming old stock.

I guess the value is different for different folks.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by nycguy1978
At one point, Slippers were provided for Trans-Pacific only and were additional item that was distributed separate from the amenity kit which included socks.

Seem that might have changed...

Jiburi
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by lindros2
I didn’t get a PDB on my boat trip this week. But the captain had a few Coors Light before we departed.
Thats actually alarming and a serious accusation. What was the flight number? That warrants a report to the FAA.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Thats actually alarming and a serious accusation. What was the flight number? That warrants a report to the FAA.
Do you really believe everything you read on here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.