Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Express - interline experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat

https://news.delta.com/delta-partner...-greek-islands

Given that DL now has a partnership with Sky Express for flights from ATH to the Greek Islands, I wanted to see if anyone has had any real-world experience with interlining between them. I'm trying to book flights to Corfu, but I can't get the connection to show up on DL.com, so I'm probably going to book JFK-ATH separate from ATH-CFU. I'm hoping it'll be as simple as having a copy of the ticket receipt and having the TA at JFK check it all the way through to CFU, but since it's such a new partnership, I'm skeptical that it'll go as smoothly as hoped.

Any input here would be most welcome, and thanks in advance. :-)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Replying to my own thread for anyone who might want to know in the future. In short - it was a piece of cake. The ticket agent at JFK had to ask a supervisor for help to add the leg on Sky Express, since it was totally news to her, but took the supervisor all of 3 mins to add the segment on to the bag tag. It was definitely helpful to have a printout of my reservation - she needed the airport code and departure time for my connecting flight.

I breezed out of customs and back through security at ATH, and my bag arrived at Corfu without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.