Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Custom Medallion Tag vs Delta Medallion Tag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Custom Medallion Tag vs Delta Medallion Tag

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 8:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Cool Custom Medallion Tag vs Delta Medallion Tag

After reaching Gold 7 months ago, I finally received my Delta Gold Medallion tags today in the mail. They arrived pretty late + without the plastic tie.

I also ordered a custom medallion tag online that arrived in 1 week. I think the custom one looks better than the OG DL tag - would you agree?

Old May 29, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
IBTL -
Old May 29, 2022, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think the first one looks better. However the aesthetic choice could depend on the color and style of your bag.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
So I take it the custom tag is not from DL? Looks like something you ordered off a Reddit post.
BSAChris likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
I mean...

Why?
Old May 29, 2022, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I saw they also had the kryptonium tags in green for sale on Reddit. My question is, did BogusRogus get his proper credit?
Old May 29, 2022, 6:20 pm

Since showing off your status seems to be the point I would suggest you use the Delta one because no one besides you is going to know what the custom one is.

I also hope you’re not expecting much from these tags

And as a small point of interest, I’m pretty sure using a logo like this for something commercial is probably a violation of some laws related to trademarks
BSAChris likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
And as a small point of interest, I’m pretty sure using a logo like this for something commercial is probably a violation of some laws related to trademarks
Yea, that specific design that OP has got stopped pretty quickly due to trademark issues or something. The new ones the folks at Reddit are getting have a less copyright-infrignmenty widget.
ebayj likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Since showing off your status seems to be the point I would suggest you use the Delta one because no one besides you is going to know what the custom one is.
Presumably other redditors would recognize it too and help them find each other/strike up a conversation etc. The Facebook DM group has custom tags too. I have neither of those myself, just saying. I do have a FT tag on my backpack though
BSAChris likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM
I guess I have to say why? also. Achieving Gold Status just isn't difficult these days. What kind of recognition are you expecting?
Old May 30, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
The OP paid money for one of these things? They're useless when they're free, can't imagine forking over cash for "alternate" one.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Zorak
Presumably other redditors would recognize it too and help them find each other/strike up a conversation etc. The Facebook DM group has custom tags too. I have neither of those myself, just saying. I do have a FT tag on my backpack though
OK, THAT might be worth having...

So I'd recognize you fine folks if I see you at the airport...
Old May 30, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
A I think the custom one looks better than the OG DL tag - would you agree?
I don't agree.

I think you should have made yourself a Gold Medallion baseball cap.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:17 pm

I think the platinum tag from DL looks tacky, but I rock it. I have a generic suit case so it somewhat helps me find it a bit easier.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:44 am

Whatever happened to the Kryptonian Medallion bag tags? I want one.
fsuj25 and Gertjaars like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.