Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Old Jun 5, 22, 9:33 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
I think what they mean is that it was a lot easier to earn (or retain) status last year and this year with accelerators and rollovers.

As of the moment, the accelerators and rollovers have ended, and record numbers of consumers have returned to the skys. One might surmise that accumulated credits from the last three years among medallion members alone are enough to make complimentary upgrades challenging, and those will be greatly reduced at the end of January 2023.
Folks are qualifying now for 2023 status with miles rolled over from 2019 at the earliest. I think the elite ranks start thinning February 2024, by which point it's quite possible DL changes how elite qualification works.
Old Jun 5, 22, 9:52 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Folks are qualifying now for 2023 status with miles rolled over from 2019 at the earliest. I think the elite ranks start thinning February 2024, by which point it's quite possible DL changes how elite qualification works.

True, so they'll perhaps get another year of status if they meet spending requirements but at least they'll have fewer excess credits lying around.
Old Jun 5, 22, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
I think what they mean is that it was a lot easier to earn (or retain) status last year and this year with accelerators and rollovers.

As of the moment, the accelerators and rollovers have ended, and record numbers of consumers have returned to the skys. One might surmise that accumulated credits from the last three years among medallion members alone are enough to make complimentary upgrades challenging, and those will be greatly reduced at the end of January 2023.
Every year, there has been a "reason" why people are sure that there will be fewer Diamonds next year. It's always going to be next year, and it never seems to come to pass. I don't hold out a ton of hope that the soothsayers are finally right *this time*.
Old Jun 6, 22, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Every year, there has been a "reason" why people are sure that there will be fewer Diamonds next year. It's always going to be next year, and it never seems to come to pass. I don't hold out a ton of hope that the soothsayers are finally right *this time*.
We can't know whether there will be more or fewer next year or the year after that, but I think it's pretty fair to say there are more this year than there would have otherwise been.
Old Jun 6, 22, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
Because you never wait for seconds! "He has already waited on (sic) this line!"
no need for (sic) here, "wait on line" is a perfectly cromulent usage equivilent to "wait in line" and is a regional distinction
Old Jun 6, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
no need for (sic) here, "wait on line" is a perfectly cromulent usage equivilent to "wait in line" and is a regional distinction
I know, I lived in NY for a while. I still think it's incorrect unless there's a line on the ground that you're "on" or if your internet is very slow but it was mostly a joke.

I did have to look up cromulent though.

Last edited by jetsfan92588; Jun 6, 22 at 5:07 pm
Old Jun 6, 22, 4:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
In Atlanta right now and was told and signs confirm, Diamonds and DL360 can “skip the line”
gotmilk8 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DL Platinum View Post
In Atlanta right now and was told and signs confirm, Diamonds and DL360 can “skip the line”
Hope they make this system wide. Surprised they aren't including Centurion cardholders

Last edited by jamesteroh; Jun 6, 22 at 5:38 pm
Old Jun 7, 22, 7:04 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Hope they make this system wide. Surprised they aren't including Centurion cardholders
Where does it end though. One could argue Delta One customers should take priority over everyone
Old Jun 7, 22, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
Where does it end though. One could argue Delta One customers should take priority over everyone
Agree D1 customers should be included with tiedmaonds/360s. FWIW, I don't think Centurion cardholders should get higher priority, was just surprised since they are exempt from the three hour rule, they don't get lumped in with this category.

One could also argue that actual skyclub members should be at the top of the list (although I'm sure most people that pay for a skyclub membership are diamonds anyway).

Seeing if I were to enter a Centurion Club as a delta reserve cardholder and that AmEx Centurion cardholders get access over me (which kind of makes sense seeing it is the Centurion Lounge and not a Delta lounge), it is only fair that a Delta diamond/D1 gets priority over ann AmEx cardholder that only flies delta a couple times a year.

I think it's a nice benefit to get to diamonds seeing how they screwed us over on the GUC changes. I'd rather wait in line at the skyclub and have the old GUC policy back though
Old Jun 7, 22, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Airlines with non-stops to where I'm going
I'm at ATL now and can confirm the new signage states that Diamonds and 360 AND Delta One can skip the line. Which frankly pi#$es me off. I pay for my membership but yet I'm now a 2nd class member compared to Diamonds and 360s who get SkyClub for free?

But, seriously, either everyone waits in line - first come first serve - or Delta needs to change the pricing (or at least offer a partial credit for those of us in the middle of our membership year for changing the terms on us midstream) now that they have created tiers of membership not based on # of guests but rather order of access when crowded.

Personally, I'm not going to renew my membership - I'll probably get an Amex Plat. At least then I'll have a ton of other benefits which will easily cut into the annual fee and make it lower than my skyclub membership fee.
pbjag, BigFishDave, hi55us and 1 others like this.

Last edited by dcstudent; Jun 7, 22 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 7, 22, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Airlines with non-stops to where I'm going
Old Jun 7, 22, 12:45 pm

Old Jun 7, 22, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by dcstudent View Post
I'm at ATL now and can confirm the new signage states that Diamonds and 360 AND Delta One can skip the line. Which frankly pi#$es me off. I pay for my membership but yet I'm now a 2nd class member compared to Diamonds and 360s who get SkyClub for free?

But, seriously, either everyone waits in line - first come first serve - or Delta needs to change the pricing (or at least offer a partial credit for those of us in the middle of our membership year for changing the terms on us midstream) now that they have created tiers of membership not based on # of guests but rather order of access when crowded.

Personally, I'm not going to renew my membership - I'll probably get an Amex Plat. At least then I'll have a ton of other benefits which will easily cut into the annual fee and make it lower than my skyclub membership fee.
I'm surprised they haven't added Paid Skyclub members yet, I have no reason to renew my Exec membership if they don't lol.
jamesteroh and WGM like this.
Old Jun 7, 22, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL SIlver
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post

I did have to look up cromulent though.
Do you feel embiggened?
dcmike and jetsfan92588 like this.

Search this Thread