Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Old May 30, 22, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Wait until Wednesday with the new 3-hour rule. Everyone will need to be manually checked in.
I don't see how this would make a significant impact to check-in times, could you elaborate on what you mean by "Everyone will need to be manually checked in"? A boarding pass is already required to be scanned to enter, so the only difference would be turning guests away if they do not meet the 3-hour rule. This still even applies to self-service check-ins, just have the screens deny entry for anyone who comes too early, but I don't really see how anything would change for people who have access and are visiting during valid time frames.
Old May 31, 22, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
If I wait to get into SC then leave for my gate and my flight is significantly delayed/cancelled/I arrive too late/I accept a VDB voucher I shouldn't have to wait in SC line a second time.
You do realize that these occupancy limits are government imposed?? DL can't simply say, oh well one more won't hurt.
Old May 31, 22, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by troyintn View Post
I do not see where D1 is relevant since others are paying for the SC, until DL has separate D1 clubs. My personal opinion is when a club is on a wait they should have to give people food vouchers since people paid for a service and are not receiving it.
I would happily skip going in club for voucher.
Old May 31, 22, 11:09 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I would happily skip going in club for voucher.

Depends on the voucher, I guess, but yeah.
Old May 31, 22, 4:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
no way, he used his "diamond" verbal pass and it worked.
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Is there a chance that the person who cut the line had left the Skyclub briefly and was returning?
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:36 am

Another thread pointed out some clubs are getting signs to allow 360, D1 and Diamond guests priority access - as it should be. I'd also add paid members to that list.
Old Jun 3, 22, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83 View Post
Another thread pointed out some clubs are getting signs to allow 360, D1 and Diamond guests priority access - as it should be. I'd also add paid members to that list.
Nah.
ijgordon and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Jun 3, 22, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
Nah.
Yeah. Someone who spends $500/year to be a member (or get it via choice benefits) should have priority access as opposed to someone who simply has access to the club as one of many the many perks on their credit card.
Old Jun 3, 22, 2:45 am

Yeah. Someone who spends $500/year to be a member (or get it via choice benefits) should have priority access as opposed to someone who simply has access to the club as one of many the many perks on their credit card.
The comparison is to Diamond, 360, and D1 passengers.
Old Jun 3, 22, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
I mentioned this in another thread and people threw a fit saying everyone is equal. But they'll defend boarding groups lol.
Old Jun 3, 22, 9:49 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-22
Hmmm... and for the last remaining Life-timer, who are at or nearing senior citizen age, have to make way for the freshly minted 360, Diamond Medallion, or Delta One..... have to wait in line?

Jiburi

....and bit off the subject, "Diamond Medallion" needs a more impressive logo than just "type face".
Old Jun 3, 22, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
In case it hasn't been shared...

Old Jun 3, 22, 10:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
wow, can't believe it was true
Originally Posted by DeltaFFATL View Post

Old Jun 3, 22, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta PM
For that SC I can understand it given the size. Are these in place at the other ATL clubs? I won't find out until next week.
Old Jun 3, 22, 11:53 am

saw this one yesterday myself. Didn’t even take a pic cause I figured it would already be on here!

Search this Thread