Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Old May 28, 22, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Is there a chance that the person who cut the line had left the Skyclub briefly and was returning?
BSAChris likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Is there a chance that the person who cut the line had left the Skyclub briefly and was returning?

If I wait to get into SC then leave for my gate and my flight is significantly delayed/cancelled/I arrive too late/I accept a VDB voucher I shouldn't have to wait in SC line a second time.
gotmilk8 likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
If I wait to get into SC then leave for my gate and my flight is significantly delayed/cancelled/I arrive too late/I accept a VDB voucher I shouldn't have to wait in SC line a second time.
Why not?
duluthDL, cre95, CalebMCO and 3 others like this.
Old May 28, 22, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
I like how Flyertalk defends boarding groups because of loyalty, fares paid but hates a entry process similar to help loyal and paid customers get inside faster.
BSAChris likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 2:26 pm

I said this on another thread, but I do think there should be two lines - one for D1 and members (either via paid means or choice benefit) and one for people who have access to the club, but who are not members. Someone paying $500/year solely for the benefit of accessing a club should take priority over someone paying $500 a year to access a slew of benefits on their credit card, including SkyClub access.
Old May 28, 22, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83 View Post
I said this on another thread, but I do think there should be two lines - one for D1 and members (either via paid means or choice benefit) and one for people who have access to the club, but who are not members. Someone paying $500/year solely for the benefit of accessing a club should take priority over someone paying $500 a year to access a slew of benefits on their credit card, including SkyClub access.
Why? Have you seen how much DL makes from their cobranded card business?
ijgordon and gotmilk8 like this.
Old May 28, 22, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is View Post
Why? Have you seen how much DL makes from their cobranded card business?
And I doubt people would cancel their card that gives multi purpose if they made two lines.
Old May 28, 22, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cubeman View Post
And I doubt people would cancel their card that gives multi purpose if they made two lines.
People keep paying for D1, using choice benefits for SC memberships, and signing up for cards as it is right now, so I see no reason for them to change anything.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Clearly, the best thing to do would be to limit others, and give me greater access.
Old May 28, 22, 4:15 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I flew out of JFK T4 on Thursday, 5/26 and used SC at around 6 pm the entrance queue had about 15 pax, there were lots of empty seats inside, so I’m not sure why queuing was necessary. For food and drinks inside the club queuing was in place.
Two weeks ago they had only plastic utensils on Thurs they were using metal.
The AMEX CENT lounges set aside seats for AMEX CENTS so maybe some SC priorities noted up thread should be looked into by DL—I can’t wait for DL to open their UPSCALE lounge in T4, after I departed AA for DL, their FLAGSHIP lounges was the only thing I missed.

Old May 29, 22, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
At SEA last week, Skyclub wasn't crowded, but a line of 20 people waiting to get into Centurion lounge just down the concourse- with an Amex rep standing at the door, allowing one person in for each person that left. No thanks.
Old May 30, 22, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would speed up the process for many people if there were a separate faster line for people who have access and aren't trying to bring any guests. IMO it's largely the process of verifying whether there's an entitlement to guests (and if so, how many and what are the requirements for guests, such as checking for same flight or same-day DL flight, ages of kids, etc.) and collecting payment if required (sometimes with an argument) that takes so long. For me, it's only a couple seconds to verify my credentials (which I have ready) if I can't scan my boarding pass or use the CLEAR fingerprint readers.
Old May 30, 22, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ULDB65 View Post
At SEA last week, Skyclub wasn't crowded, but a line of 20 people waiting to get into Centurion lounge just down the concourse- with an Amex rep standing at the door, allowing one person in for each person that left. No thanks.
LAS centurion lounge expanded during the pandemic and they STILL have to do this one-in-one-out policy. they also close at 7pm which makes the entire thing kind of useless
gotmilk8 likes this.
Old May 30, 22, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It would speed up the process for many people if there were a separate faster line for people who have access and aren't trying to bring any guests. IMO it's largely the process of verifying whether there's an entitlement to guests (and if so, how many and what are the requirements for guests, such as checking for same flight or same-day DL flight, ages of kids, etc.) and collecting payment if required (sometimes with an argument) that takes so long. For me, it's only a couple seconds to verify my credentials (which I have ready) if I can't scan my boarding pass or use the CLEAR fingerprint readers.
Wait until Wednesday with the new 3-hour rule. Everyone will need to be manually checked in.
Old May 30, 22, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FabCW View Post
If it was up to me, D1 customers should get priority at all levels.
I do not see where D1 is relevant since others are paying for the SC, until DL has separate D1 clubs. My personal opinion is when a club is on a wait they should have to give people food vouchers since people paid for a service and are not receiving it.

Search this Thread