Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Old May 27, 22, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
This summer cannot be over soon enough.
I don't have another trip I currently have to take until September 3. I hope it stops raining in northeast Ohio so that I can enjoy the summer here.
Old May 27, 22, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they donít trust their customers.
I can understand why Delta does it this way; first, they want to get an accurate count of how many people use the clubs; and second, it takes the pressure off the concierges when somebody claims they are entitled to entry when they are not. As far as double-checking, I have never been checked more than once. I scan my boarding pass, the system beeps, and I am admitted. The new kiosks at some of the clubs even show what my flight is using.
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 1:14 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
Delta should have someone come around the counter, quickly look at credentials and wave people in without the double-checking on computers when there is any kind of line longer than a minute. All the elaborate cross checking, done in the tedious way it is done, feels like they donít trust their customers.
A lot of the clubs are getting the kiosks now, just scan your boarding pass, get a green light and head on in without even talking to anyone.
gretchendz and gotmilk8 like this.
Old May 28, 22, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by firemandan9 View Post
A lot of the clubs are getting the kiosks now, just scan your boarding pass, get a green light and head on in without even talking to anyone.
Might this change on 6/1 with the new 3-hour rule? Will the machines be programmed to identify those with club access more than 3 hours prior to departure time?
Old May 28, 22, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Skyclubs have really become slobclubs IMO. There’s something about getting something for “free” that brings out the worst in some people. I find much about the food offerings unsanitary even before COVID.

It’s to the point that sitting in the terminal at a gate is more peaceful than being in a Club. Way too easy to access, selling access to every Tom, Dick and Mary. I’m nobody special, just 2 MM and a Diamond with the Reserve card. I never take anyone with me unless my wife travels (rarely) and it’s a cross country trip or we are flying D1 to Europe.

Skyclubs are just not special and the benefit is diminished/minimal.
Old May 28, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Technically itís not even Summer yet. 😉
dcjono, lsquare, volabam and 1 others like this.
Old May 28, 22, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
Technically itís not even Summer yet. 😉
Roughly three more weeks to go!
apodo77 likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by WGM View Post
Really? Above those of us who pay for membership?
what's special about paying for membership? D1 passengers are paying, everyone is paying one way or the other. Membership fees aren't that big of a deal.
FabCW likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
what's special about paying for membership? D1 passengers are paying, everyone is paying one way or the other. Membership fees aren't that big of a deal.
I don't think guests should be placed on the same level as this Diamond. I'm very supportive of DL's upcoming changes. Hopefully, less crowding!
Old May 28, 22, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by OHDL1 View Post
I guess that if it was that important to me I would have been as you so pointedly said "asinine" and followed them in to get an answer and then return to my place in the line. I'm glad that someone took on the job of line monitor....lol.
Once you leave the line, you lose your spotÖ
Old May 28, 22, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Címon folks, letís be real. Only KM and the real 2% Club. No DM hat guys, get in the back bro.
cmd320 and Monoboy like this.
Old May 28, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Címon folks, letís be real. Only KM and the real 2% Club. No DM hat guys, get in the back bro.
Are we all agreeing that 360s get in? Is your reference to the real 2% club a new acronym for the 360 invitees?
Old May 28, 22, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by WGM View Post
Really? Above those of us who pay for membership?
Yep.
Old May 28, 22, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
I think the name of the game for agents is picking their battles. If your job is checking people into the SkyClub why would you choose to involve yourself in the line outside the door? Not worth the possible confrontation/escalation. I can't say I blame them.
Old May 28, 22, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond
The one and only time you needed the dragons to beÖdragons, they didnít hahaha. Good luck to all traveling this weekend!

Search this Thread