Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I'm sure the GM that cut the line wouldn't appreciate it as a Gold if a silver ignore the boarding announcement for skypriority and just boarded with Skypriority instead of his zone.
Indeed. Simply refer back to the first post in this thread. It’s the same person complaining (and contemplating contacting Delta) about someone cutting in-line at a SkyClub.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fundamental problem with this purported policy change (and some of the other recent ones) is that it would be a 'bait and switch'.

Lesser gems purchased SkyClub access through "membership" or credit card annual fees with the understanding that they would be afforded equal "first come, first served" access to the lounge.

If Delta were to announce that "Effective one year from today, access to the SkyClub will be as follows...." people might still complain about the changes, but it would not adversely affect anyone who purchased their annual access prior to the announcement.

In point of fact, I have yet to see anyone cite or post a link to any official Delta announcement of this "policy change" at all. Nor have I, as a Delta AMEX Reserve cardholder, received any notification via email or otherwise that my equal access to the SkyClub has been curtailed in any way. Nor is there any mention in the current version of the House Rules.

Why should anyone be expected to comply with a policy change that has not been promulgated?
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kale73

Why should anyone be expected to comply with a policy change that has not been promulgated?

Human decency and respect for other traveleRS?

The bragging was in response to cutting the line that had formed.
That the Skyclub may adhere to the fire code and require guests to wait to enter when over capacity is not a "policy change." Even if Diamonds are indeed being given priority, the result would be that they, like everyone else, would have to wait in line. Not that guests could choose for themselves that they are more important.
Finally, people on FT consistently misuse the term "bait and switch." That doesn't apply even if you could show us something that said that Delta would prioritize all guests in an overcapacity situation equally. (You can't.) (And even if that existed, the Rules explicitly state "Delta Air Lines reserves the rig
​​​ht to revise the House Rules without notice.")

If you'd like a refund because 3 or 4 diamond members may get in before you on a given visit the 3x a year you visit a Skyclub with a line, that might be one thing. But to instead make your own rules that harm others is not a moral/legal/other right

Last edited by Adam1222; Jun 15, 2022 at 5:29 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by defrosted
Been avoiding this thread. Just read it.

As someone that isn't 360, diamond or Delta One, I am glad they are letting those people in first. I get they have to limit access at peak times and putting myself in the shoes of big spender customers I would be annoyed if I spent large coin on a Delta One ticket and had to wait in line for the club. I may not like it but I completely get it.

Interesting all the people saying their membership is useless and they are just going to get a card, or if they have a card they are canceling it. Almost sounds like this is all going according to plan. Net decrease in people with access while shifting the membership people to the arguably more profitable credit cards. Considering they can't just make space appear instantly, this seems like the next best plan to deal with crowding.
The most profitable customers are the ones with Reserve Cards who never use the SC or fly DL. Pure profit. The ones who seldom do are close behind.

Which more profitable credit card is this practice shifting people to?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Adam1222

The bragging was in response to cutting the line that had formed.
That the Skyclub may adhere to the fire code and require guests to wait to enter when over capacity is not a "policy change." Even if Diamonds are indeed being given priority, the result would be that they, like everyone else, would have to wait in line. Not that guests could choose for themselves that they are more important.
Finally, people on FT consistently misuse the term "bait and switch." That doesn't apply even if you could show us something that said that Delta would prioritize all guests in an overcapacity situation equally. (You can't.) (And even if that existed, the Rules explicitly state "Delta Air Lines reserves the rig
​​​ht to revise the House Rules without notice.")

If you'd like a refund because 3 or 4 diamond members may get in before you on a given visit the 3x a year you visit a Skyclub with a line, that might be one thing. But to instead make your own rules that harm others is not a moral/legal/other right
Just who decides "human Decency"

I managed my way into the club as a member and was proud of that. Don't think that Im going to forsake that for some blokes idea of "Human Decency". If you all want another measure than change the damn conditions in our contract by publication..
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Speaking of human decency, I have discovered that sitting on a high horse often exposes to public view things that one would rather leave unseen.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Just who decides "human Decency"

I managed my way into the club as a member and was proud of that. Don't think that Im going to forsake that for some blokes idea of "Human Decency". If you all want another measure than change the damn conditions in our contract by publication..
If you refuse to comply with norms such as those against linecutting, you should be prepared for Delta to follow through with the "conditions" of your contract, which allows them to terminate your membership for "inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to conduct that’s undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent" and that "interferes with the business-like atmosphere" of the lounge. I am fairly confident that it is not only "some bloke" that thinks pushing past other people who are waiting their turn violates those explicit conditions.

If you are above waiting in lines, perhaps you should fly private.

As for Kale73, threatening to dox me or something because I dare suggested that....cutting lines isn't something to be proud of..., wow.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Time out for this thread.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
ekozie and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:58 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I believe things have cooled off here. Please keep this thread on topic to avoid another closure.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by defrosted
Been avoiding this thread. Just read it.

As someone that isn't 360, diamond or Delta One, I am glad they are letting those people in first. I get they have to limit access at peak times and putting myself in the shoes of big spender customers I would be annoyed if I spent large coin on a Delta One ticket and had to wait in line for the club. I may not like it but I completely get it.

Interesting all the people saying their membership is useless and they are just going to get a card, or if they have a card they are canceling it. Almost sounds like this is all going according to plan. Net decrease in people with access while shifting the membership people to the arguably more profitable credit cards. Considering they can't just make space appear instantly, this seems like the next best plan to deal with crowding.
I have called the Reserve phone number every week and spoken to supervisors and have written in frequently begging them to increase the Reserve annual fee to $999 and will continue to do so. Problem solved.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I have called the Reserve phone number every week and spoken to supervisors and have written in frequently begging them to increase the Reserve annual fee to $999 and will continue to do so. Problem solved.
Why?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Why?
Thin the SC herd.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh wait, you’re serious.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

why on gods green earth would anyone pay MORE for a weaker cards than the Vanilla Platinum at that point?
hockeystl, Statman, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Thin the SC herd.
I understand that. But why are you wasting your time calling and writing. I guarantee you they couldn't care less what you think. And if Amex views you as a cardholder that is needlessly using up their resources (i.e. you're costing them more than you're worth to them) they are more than willing to close all your accounts and blacklist you.
ijgordon, Statman, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
I’m glad this thread has been reopened. I accidentally started a new one yesterday because I was not aware of this conversation and I couldn’t find it obviously!

Well anyway, I am not sure how I feel about this policy. I’m OK with the highest spending population getting the privilege, however I would like to see paid/purchased sky club members get the same Fastrak option.
hockeystl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.