Skymiles Account Suspended

Old May 29, 22, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I'm not sure you understand. By flight data, I mean flight activity. Ie what specific flights and fare classes flown. This is highly protected data. No company is going to give it to another. Its also highly private information subject to rules on disclosure/how info is handled. Without customer permission sharing this information would in a lot of cases be flat out illegal. Not that even with permission an airline would. (It'd be counterproductive to do so)

As for status, an airline can simply plug the FF in. It's what allow status to be recognized by other airlines. Worst case call the OAL and see if system recognizes FF number as elite.
plugging FF number in doesnt work, you need birthdays and gender and even more they dont recognize until payment . Its not as simple as you make it sound, furthermore, if it was there would be no status match fraud. (PS way more than half of matches are fake)
Old May 29, 22, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
In terms of mailed statements, I don't think any airline does this any more. DL does send out monthly email statements with monthly and year-to-date earnings summaries (Subject header -- "XXXXX, Your <month> Skymiles Statement Is Here"), but these are not available on website. I interpret "flight activity statement" to simply be a PDF, CSV, or screenshot showing one's qualifying activities over a period time showing they earned status via regular published methods (which DL states as acceptable for it's Match Challenge). And, yes, any one of these can be fairly easily faked.
yeah I don't get those - turned off all emails from Delta
Old May 29, 22, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Without customer permission sharing this information would in a lot of cases be flat out illegal. Not that even with permission an airline would.
Subpoena?
Old May 29, 22, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by kale73 View Post
Subpoena?
Subpoena for this type of (frequent flier accumulation) information would be highly unusual. Actually, irrelevant.
Flight data is absolutely available to government agencies - heck, the manifest is for all intents and purposes a government document. Especially post-9/11.

But who else would subpoena your mileage status/accumulation?
flyerCO likes this.
Old May 30, 22, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Subpoena for this type of (frequent flier accumulation) information would be highly unusual. Actually, irrelevant.
Flight data is absolutely available to government agencies - heck, the manifest is for all intents and purposes a government document. Especially post-9/11.

But who else would subpoena your mileage status/accumulation?
Doesn't the government (USA, probably Homeland Security/TSA) claim to delete the secure flight data 24 hours later?
Old May 30, 22, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Doesn't the government (USA, probably Homeland Security/TSA) claim to delete the secure flight data 24 hours later?
Casually searching. There's this document from 2008 describing their retention schedule, stating destroyed within 7 days of message creation (airlines transmit SFD to TSA upon check in).
https://www.archives.gov/files/recor...-003_sf115.pdf

Although this 2017 privacy impact update, states there is a "Privacy Risk: There is a risk that Secure Flight passenger data will be stored longer than under the Secure Flight retention schedule."
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...9_july2017.pdf

So officially, "no" they don't keep it long term, but if past government intelligence leaks have taught me anything, that data is probably somewhere in a government system, even if it's not supposed to be. also this is only for SFD. Doesn't take into account international travel and what gets sent/retained by CBP via APIS. I'm sure the government keeps much longer than 7 days of records about who's flying in/out of the country. But I think I"m drifting too far from the original discussion now.

Hopefully the lack of further response from OP means they have been able to get this resolved w/ DL.
lindros2 likes this.
Old May 31, 22, 4:39 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
No response from OP. Googled his post and found the same exact post on the Delta Subreddit. Looks like OP purchased one of those fraudulent "Status Match" challenges that were supposed to be for corporate employees only.

OP r u ok?
flyerCO, Statman and hi55us like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
No response from OP. Googled his post and found the same exact post on the Delta Subreddit. Looks like OP purchased one of those fraudulent "Status Match" challenges that were supposed to be for corporate employees only.

OP r u ok?
Gertjaars FTW
Fun fact - I got (legitimate) United and AA status match years ago and never used them. Maybe twice. In four years.
It only works when people go to non-captive cities or new-captive cities.
Old Jun 3, 22, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DreamHigh View Post
This happened to a family member. In short, someone submitted their Skymiles number to one of those "buy status" websites. I told the rep that both my family member and I attained our statuses through the published status challenge program, and that my family member lives in Asia - why would they try to buy status when (basically) the entire world at the time was closed due to Covid.

Rep agreed, managed to unlock the account and restore the miles in about 10 mins. Kudos to the rep
Im glad you got it back! Your SkyMiles account is working again. So please be careful with your SkyMiles account. Dont give out credit card, password and else. Please keep it private. If someone who steals your account. You must notify your SkyMiles manager right away.

Search this Thread