Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Operated by Hawaiian Airlines Seat Assignments and Confirmation

Old May 25, 22, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive

I have an upcoming D1 flight from MSP to HNL (operated by Delta) and then a couple days later HNL to OGG in First (operated by Hawaiian). I have seat assignments in D1 but cannot select seats for the Hawaiian flight either online or through a Delta agent. I contacted Hawaiian and they cannot locate my reservation by Delta confirmation number, ticket number, or by last name. Is this normal or should I be worried that Hawaiian cannot find my reservation? Would prefer a seat assignment but with only 8 seats in F it's not a major concern, not being able to locate my reservation could be an issue though.
Old May 25, 22, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You should be just fine, but your best bet is to contact DL and ask for your HA PNR (confirmation number.)
rm76 and Buster CT1K like this.
Old May 25, 22, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
At a minimum, you should definitely be able to track down your reservation through HA - I'd make sure you can get that straightened out by getting your HA PNR. In terms of seat assignments, you should be able to pick seats online on HA's website once you can you pull up your PNR on their website.
rm76 likes this.
Old May 25, 22, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have not been able to assign seats online for HA unless on a 173 ticket, YMMV.
Old May 27, 22, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Closing the loop...Delta agent (through chat feature) provided the Hawaiian confirmation code. While I still can't select seats I am happy that I show up in Hawaiian's reservation system. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Search this Thread