Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How late can I cancel a miles ticket and receive a refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for asking such a simple question, but I've been poking around fine print for 20 minutes and can't seem to find it.

Tomorrow (May 25), I have LAX>OGG booked as a SM reward. (One way only).

I have not yet checked in; departure is about 20 hours out.

I *may* have to cancel at the last minute (well, last few hours). If I do so, will I lose the miles? Does it make a difference if I've already checked in or not?

Thanks much - a lot of my flying (and status) moved away from DL over the last few years, and I don't remember this simple stuff anymore.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
I think this is the "current" policy:
"You can cancel a Delta award ticket for free up to 10 minutes prior to departure time without having to pay a mileage redeposit fee"
Old May 25, 2022, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Minor followup, shoud it help someone in the future.

I did end having to cancel, about 65 minutes before departure. I had *not* checked in, and there was no difficult at all.

The only thing I noticed is that it *seems* you have to do it through the browser/desktop version, and not the app, but worked immediately.

Points refund was showing up in my SkyMiles account maybe 20 minutes later.
xooz and Goodoldflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.