Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A (Premium) Fare on AF translates to A (discounted economy) on KLM marketed, ugh

A (Premium) Fare on AF translates to A (discounted economy) on KLM marketed, ugh

Old May 17, 22, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL

Hi folks,
I got bit by the dreaded A fare. Bought a premium ticket SEA-Europe-SEA. AF via CDG to Europe, KLM via AMS with the transatlantic flight KLM marketed, operated by Delta, A330-900. Didn't know the return will yield only 10% distance flown MQD, as opposed to the 30% distance flown the first leg generated, oh well, I'll try to call maybe I can get them to do something about it, but I doubt I'll have any success. I guess I'm writing this as a public service announcement. "Lost" about 900 MQDs , worth paying attention to minute stuff like this if you're doing mileage runs with premium fares.
Old May 17, 22, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did the return portion show as Premium Economy (or Premium Select) or coach when you booked the ticket? Better yet, or iff you're not sure, can you try to replicate the fare with a dummy booking and then look carefully at the fare rules for each segment to see whether it says that it's a coach fare?
Old May 17, 22, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Premium, which is what I've flown. Paste from the ticket below, I removed the flight date and the reservation to keep things anonymous..:
"FLIGHT KL 6033 - KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES OPERATED BY: DELTA AIR LINES, DL 143-----------------------------------------------------------------------------DEPARTURE: AMSTERDAM, NL (SCHIPHOL AIRPORT) ARRIVAL: SEATTLE, WA (SEATTLE TACOMA INTL) FLIGHT BOOKING REF: RESERVATION CONFIRMED, PREMIUM ECONOMY (A) DURATION: 10:10"

Search this Thread