Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking a DL Award Miles round-trip on VS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite

If I book a DL Award Miles round-trip on delta.com and fly on VS metal, the booking page shows no MQDs and/or MQMs being given. So in order to receive MQDs and MQMs using DL Award Miles, does the trip have to be flown on DL metal, or will I get the MQDs and MQMs flying on VS metal?

Last edited by audidudi; May 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Old May 17, 2022, 3:53 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
If you wish to receive MQMs/MQDs on award travel, the flight has to be Delta-operated.

Incidentally, award travel is never booked under the codeshare flight numbers, so you will get VS flight numbers if you redeem miles.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by VFR
If you wish to receive MQMs/MQDs on award travel, the flight has to be Delta-operated.

Incidentally, award travel is never booked under the codeshare flight numbers, so you will get VS flight numbers if you redeem miles.
So my trip was booked as award travel, routing SFO>JFK>LHR on Delta, and LHR>SFO on VS. I got the correct number of MQDs/MQMs/RDMs and Lifetime Miles on all the flights, with the VS flight just posting today!
VFR likes this.

Last edited by audidudi; May 18, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 10:14 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by audidudi
So my trip was booked as award travel, routing SFO>JFK>LHR on Delta, and LHR>SFO on VS. I got the correct number of MQDs/MQMs/RDMs and Lifetime Miles on all the flights, with the VS flight just posting today!
Wow! You got RDMs too?
Old May 18, 2022, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by audidudi
VS should have earned nothing. No RDM should be earned at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.