Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best way to approach flight change? Ideas multicity international

Best way to approach flight change? Ideas multicity international

Old May 17, 2022, 1:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Posts: 165
Best way to approach flight change? Ideas multicity international

Input is welcome It's been a while since I've been stumped but don't want to miss something.
Booked LAX-CHP RT instead of LAX-CHP FRA-LAX (after running permutations way too long trying to find something less than 3600 in coach with the CHP-FRA leg. So I just booked that segment separately). I realized 2 days later when getting notice on comfort on each leg and didn't want to use up what I understand is one no-fee flight change knowing it was possible my return date might change
( I see notations about 1-time flight change but no additional penalties or rules around what happens if you try to change again?).

I started flight change on the app for the return leg (change city and date) to check price. It gives me a list of flights with prices but when I click it seems to be an error. "we are sorry error in dispatching the request."

Dreading the Delta call and the long wait times I've had recently even with platinum.
-I know I can also wait to see if theres an IROP though what are the chances of that vs. the chances the rates will go up up up (return leg is beginning of June).
-Us it truly a "1-time change" and what happens after...do they berate you? pay full price? pay a change fee that they eliminated? What else should I be looking out for/considering. Even if I was willing to return to CHP to return to LAX the dates are different and frankly, rates weren't really low for the short flight (I paid 550 CHP to FRA).
-How common are IROPS from CHP right now? When I booked I was told by DL rep that Europe flights are erratic frequently dropping/changing as flights were disappearing as she was trying to pull up sample routings.

Apologize in advance for the lack of succinctness. It's the best my brain can do after this long day.
dealOCD is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 3:32 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 26,662
Originally Posted by dealOCD
Input is welcome It's been a while since I've been stumped but don't want to miss something.
Booked LAX-CHP RT instead of LAX-CHP FRA-LAX (after running permutations way too long trying to find something less than 3600 in coach with the CHP-FRA leg. So I just booked that segment separately). I realized 2 days later when getting notice on comfort on each leg and didn't want to use up what I understand is one no-fee flight change knowing it was possible my return date might change
( I see notations about 1-time flight change but no additional penalties or rules around what happens if you try to change again?).

I started flight change on the app for the return leg (change city and date) to check price. It gives me a list of flights with prices but when I click it seems to be an error. "we are sorry error in dispatching the request."

Dreading the Delta call and the long wait times I've had recently even with platinum.
-I know I can also wait to see if theres an IROP though what are the chances of that vs. the chances the rates will go up up up (return leg is beginning of June).
-Us it truly a "1-time change" and what happens after...do they berate you? pay full price? pay a change fee that they eliminated? What else should I be looking out for/considering. Even if I was willing to return to CHP to return to LAX the dates are different and frankly, rates weren't really low for the short flight (I paid 550 CHP to FRA).
-How common are IROPS from CHP right now? When I booked I was told by DL rep that Europe flights are erratic frequently dropping/changing as flights were disappearing as she was trying to pull up sample routings.

Apologize in advance for the lack of succinctness. It's the best my brain can do after this long day.
What one time change are you talking about? You can change a ticket as many times as you want. Even Basic Economy can be changed, albeit there's a fee for BE fares.
flyerCO is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 4:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA
Posts: 1,990
There's no limit to how often you can change a ticket.

But you have to pay the difference between the value of your ticket and the currently available fare of the ticket you want.
flyerCO likes this.
Goodoldflyer is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 10:47 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: MSP
Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Posts: 516
Did you have a schedule change?
bloc0102 is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 12:12 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Posts: 165
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like you can change tix more than once if needed. Understand there can be fare differences in which case it's usually better to change early but I was holding off concerned if another issue came up with my schedule not to use up my one change which doesn't sound like an issue. Its regular economy is not basic and was upgraded and didn't want to lose the upgrade on outbound if they did it by reissuing a tix which happened recently.

thanks
dealOCD is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 2:21 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,173
Originally Posted by dealOCD
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like you can change tix more than once if needed. Understand there can be fare differences in which case it's usually better to change early but I was holding off concerned if another issue came up with my schedule not to use up my one change which doesn't sound like an issue. Its regular economy is not basic and was upgraded and didn't want to lose the upgrade on outbound if they did it by reissuing a tix which happened recently.

thanks
How did you upgrade? If you accepted an upgrade offer on the app, it's probably nonrefundable and nontransferable (voluntarily) to a different flight/date.

The one free change language tends to be associated with schedule changes/cancellations or severe weather situations. It means one change without paying a fare difference providing that you rebook within the stated windows (often same date plus or minus a day).
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 3:13 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How did you upgrade? If you accepted an upgrade offer on the app, it's probably nonrefundable and nontransferable (voluntarily) to a different flight/date.

The one free change language tends to be associated with schedule changes/cancellations or severe weather situations. It means one change without paying a fare difference providing that you rebook within the stated windows (often same date plus or minus a day).
True I couldnt quite locate the one change language outside of that so perhaps it was just related to IROPS- Which I would prefer to be working under to not have fare difference but not sure if that would allow change of city anyway and in the event it didn't happen the last min change would likely be more costly. The upgrade was automatic platinum, seats available type of things. Just meant I was worried that changing the return flight could affect the upgrade on outbound if it was a reticketing but it doesn't sound like that's the case. For whatever reason, the system is not allowing me to complete it on the app however, and got too tired to wait for rep last night.
dealOCD is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 4:58 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by bloc0102
Did you have a schedule change?
I had a schedule change on my end with conference/meeting not as in an IROP on their end.
dealOCD is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 7:18 pm
  #9  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,173
Originally Posted by dealOCD
True I couldnt quite locate the one change language outside of that so perhaps it was just related to IROPS- Which I would prefer to be working under to not have fare difference but not sure if that would allow change of city anyway and in the event it didn't happen the last min change would likely be more costly. The upgrade was automatic platinum, seats available type of things. Just meant I was worried that changing the return flight could affect the upgrade on outbound if it was a reticketing but it doesn't sound like that's the case. For whatever reason, the system is not allowing me to complete it on the app however, and got too tired to wait for rep last night.
A schedule change by the airline (!) would allow you to change to a co-terminal airport (ORD/MDW, etc.) and sometimes (for instance if service to your destination is being eliminated) you can change to some other airport within up to 300 miles.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 7:31 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta
Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A schedule change by the airline (!) would allow you to change to a co-terminal airport (ORD/MDW, etc.) and sometimes (for instance if service to your destination is being eliminated) you can change to some other airport within up to 300 miles.
Good to know thank you.
dealOCD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.