Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Definition of "connecting" for Elite Plus lounge access

Definition of "connecting" for Elite Plus lounge access

Old May 17, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mot29
I'll have the chance to test it today. I flew LHR-BOS-DCA(planned) on 16 May. Was diverted to CHO because of weather and will be flying CHO-LGA-DCA later today 17 May. Same PNR. Wonder if my D1 and ST E+ will get me into the lounge at LGA over the 2 hour connection? I have a DL Reserve card as well, but it is new and waiting in the mail when I get home to DC. But I can see a picture of it on the DL app.
Yikes, unless you really want the miles, why not just have DL bus you to DCA from CHO?
Old May 17, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Personally I would have taken Amtrak to DC from Charlottesville, but also I understand why OP would want to stay under Delta's responsibility.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Virgin booked us ORD/BOS/AMS, 4 hour layover in Boston - flying F (O inventory) - lounge access ORD and BOS?
I thought I saw somewhere an O passenger was denied at LAX?
Flying to ORD the day before on AA.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Yikes, unless you really want the miles, why not just have DL bus you to DCA from CHO?
you can always ask for original routing credit for the miles, though I suppose there's some limited risk that they won't give it unless you complete the itinerary (which would be super s**tty of them).

Last edited by LowValueCustomer; May 18, 2022 at 3:24 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
you can always ask for original routing credit for the miles, though I suppose there's some limited risk that they won't give it unless you complete the itinerary (which would be super ...... of them).
The rule should be that you can't get ORC if you get a refund, such as trip in vain or a refund for cancelled segments. Otherwise you can pick ORC or credit for what was actually flown, although it can be more complicated if partner flights are involved or if the ticket wasn't on DL 006- stock.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dmarge18
When the flight was cancelled, there were no agents at CHO to resolve things at all. CHO is run by a contractor - bags were removed from the plane and sent to the bag belt but the underwing folks who did that had no idea what would happen next. And there were no agents to be found - they'd gone home as the last DL/UA flights (same contractor for both) were long gone.
I called DL and got through to the DM line with no hold, but because the flight was operated by Republic, I think, the DL agent couldn't find out anything. Yes, 2 buses could have gotten everyone from CHO to DCA by 10 pm. Neither rental car company at CHO would rent 1 way.
Crazy that the diversion went to CHO - 15 minutes longer to RDU (or maybe RIC, don't know who handles DL there) where there is at least DL ground staff to manage it.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
What a pain/hassle!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.