Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Did I Get In The Air France Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN

With a trip coming up this week with my wife, I was reliving my trip last August where I was refused entry into the Air France Lounge with several attempts but finally I showed the agent something which which I assume was the DL Amex Reserve card to finally get in.
We were flying CPH-AF-CDG-DL-ATL. The counter agent at CPH invited us to us a private lounge AF is contracted with at that airport and then we arrived CDG.
With a 4 hour gap to the Atlanta flight, we went to the Air France Lounge. There was a line at the desk where my boarding pass would normally have been scanned but another woman was standing away from the desk and signaled for us to come to her and she looked at my boarding pass and said "no". My mind had a brain fart for a second, making me wonder just how we were entitled to use their lounge. I pointed to the Sky Priority logo on the boarding pass and she said no. I pointed to my Platinum Medallion status and she said no again. I then remembered my AMEX Reserve card and I think that's what granted me the access, plus the one companion. Had my pass been scanned, I assume that would have granted me the necessary approval but with her bypassing the scan and just looking at the boarding pass, there was no way for her to see I had a Reserve card until it dawned on me to show her my card. We were not First or D1, just C+. So to avoid getting any challenges this next trip, can I assume it was the Amex card that allowed my entry?
Old May 15, 2022, 8:03 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The Delta Reserve card only gets you access to Sky Clubs and Centurion lounges. Sky Club memberships don't even get access to Air France lounges.

You got a poorly trained agent. Based on your post, your only basis for lounge access in CDG was your Platinum (SkyTeam Elite+) status. Perhaps try showing the agent your Platinum Medallion card in the Delta app next time.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VFR
The Delta Reserve card only gets you access to Sky Clubs and Centurion lounges. Sky Club memberships don't even get access to Air France lounges.
You got a poorly trained agent. Based on your post, your only basis for lounge access in CDG was your Platinum (SkyTeam Elite+) status. Perhaps try showing the agent your Platinum Medallion card in the Delta app next time.
Well, I'm going from memory from last summer and perhaps I'm remembering it backwards. Based on what you're telling me, it was the PM status that got me in, not the card. That will prove helpful should this happen again! Thank you!
Old May 15, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Well, I'm going from memory from last summer and perhaps I'm remembering it backwards. Based on what you're telling me, it was the PM status that got me in, not the card. That will prove helpful should this happen again! Thank you!
https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges

SkyTeam Elite Plus

Regardless of their travel class, SkyTeam Elite Plus members(1) traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight(2) operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Simply present your boarding passes and a valid Elite Plus membership card for the lounge agent to validate for admission.

1. Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus members flying on a Delta operated flight may only access SkyTeam member airline owned lounges and SkyTeam branded lounges. Third party lounges are excluded.
2. International Travel excludes customers traveling between US and the Caribbean.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Was your Elite Plus status not printed on the boarding pass?
Old May 16, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Next time just use one of the check in kiosk, these are usualy very reliable. If your status is properly attached to your reservation the screen will show a green arrow with the phrase "Welcome Mr. Supertravel".
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Next time just use one of the check in kiosk, these are usualy very reliable. If your status is properly attached to your reservation the screen will show a green arrow with the phrase "Welcome Mr. Supertravel".
I thought the OP intended to use the automatic scan but was called over by the uninformed agent who would help them. What do you then? Do you tell them “No thanks. I’d rather wait in line for the true-and-tried method.”
strickerj likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Yes, now I know.
Originally Posted by roelb
I'm sure it was, but I was momentarily dumbfounded by the agent challenging my credentials for admittance and my mind went blank. I immediately thought of the Amex Reserve being the reason, since that is the reason when flying domestically.

Appreciate the assistance. Lesson learned.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by roelb
seems extremely unlikely, since the agent at CPH knew he was entitled to access and since sky priority was on his boarding pass, it seems a near certainty that his skymiles number was properly attached to the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.