DL Not in Sync with AF/KL Reservation

Old May 12, 2022, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
DL Not in Sync with AF/KL Reservation

The Mrs and I are traveling PRG-AMS-LAX-HNL on June 24th in J. The original reservation, however, was made online at AF site PRG-CDG-SEA-HNL (at a great price!). The last segment on DL had a schedule change departing SEA that violated the MCT. Rebooked by AF to PRG-AMS-LAX (KL metal)-HNL (DL codeshare) with DL 443. DL subsequently pushed back the departure of DL443 so AF automatically changed it to DL330 that departs 3 hours earlier and made the layover at LAX 3 hours instead of 6. All good with me. I got the new itinerary in writing from KL and seat assignments on all segments and all segments show "Confirmed". But, when I go to My Trips on DL it shows just AMS-LAX-HNL and the DL443 segment (6:00p departure) and not the DL330 (2:59p).

The original booking had ticket numbers beginning with 057 (AF?). The rerouted booking through AMS-LAX is a different 057 number. The last booking that changed the DL segment is a 074 (KL?) ticket number. Throughout all this neither the AF or DL record locators changed.

I called DL and they said that KL has to send the new KL ticket # to DL so that it can be changed in the DL record locator. Is this true, or will KL auto send it at some point prior to 6/24. The DL agent said she di not see us booked on DL330, although I don't know how she checked. I was going HUCA DL but I figured I would wait to see what AF/KL (who I cannot get through to, yet) and the braintrust here say.

Thank you!
Old May 12, 2022, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You likely have end up with 2 DL PNRs. Go on delta.com or in DL APP and try and pull up by ticket number.

If neither works,, call DL and ask them to look on DL flight for you as passenger.. just tell them you don't know PNR.

To find ticket, in KLM APP click ticket details button. It should show the ticket number for each flight.

PS - If this is business class, ask to be rebooked via ATL/MSP-HNL or if it operates ATL-OGG. These are Delta One flights, with lay flats/pillows/etc. Anything else-HNL on DL is domestic F service.

Last edited by flyerCO; May 12, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Old May 12, 2022, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You likely have end up with 2 DL PNRs. Go on delta.com or in DL APP and try and pull up by ticket number.

If neither works,, call DL and ask them to look on DL flight for you as passenger.. just tell them you don't know PNR.

To find ticket, in KLM APP click ticket details button. It should show the ticket number for each flight.

PS - If this is business class, ask to be rebooked via ATL/MSP-HNL or if it operates ATL-OGG. These are Delta One flights, with lay flats/pillows/etc. Anything else-HNL on DL is domestic F service.
Thanks for the reply. I tried pulling the res by the AF and KL ticket #s on Delta.com and the app and got nothing. Putting in the DL # just gives the same res info (with later DL443 flight). I called DL again and they said they only show me the DL 443. They agent said they cannot pull a passenger list for DL330 to see if I am on that.

I have all the ticket numbers issued by AF, KL and DL. The DL and AF # shows DL443 and the KL #, the last one issued by KL, shows DL330.

DL agent said DL cannot move me to DL330 since it is not a DL issued ticket. Only KL can (but didn't they already?).

Connecting through ATL or MSP is not an option as the flights from AMS or CDG get in too late to make the connection to HNL without staying overnight. The routing I have now gets from PRG to HNL the same day. The AMS-LAX segment is on a 781 w/lie-flat so I don't mind the 5 1/2 hours LAX-HNL without it if the routing gets me home without an overnight stop.

Still trying KL on the phone. They like to disconnect the line if the wait is too long.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by inlanikai
They agent said they cannot pull a passenger list for DL330 to see if I am on that.
They absolutely can. Would recommend the approach suggested above (saying you can't find your confirmation #).
Old May 12, 2022, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacar
They absolutely can. Would recommend the approach suggested above (saying you can't find your confirmation #).
I called again (3rd time) and asked exactly as you stated. They have no record of us on DL330, only the later departing DL443. I'll keep trying KLM. Thank you for your suggestion.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:59 am

It happened to me once, and it was a disaster. It turned out that the ticket ressued by AF didn't have "flight coupons" and needed to be "hooked"

AF refused to do anything even though it was their ticket. They claimed it should all clear at check in. It didn't. The Delta check in agent worked on my ticket for 2 hours trying to resolve it, and had to contact air france anyways.

delta is not going to fix it. You need to contact AF, since that's who issued you'd ticket.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:48 am
Original Poster

An Update: Got up at 2am HST to call the KL/AF US office when it opened this morning. Got an agent right away. Told him the story and he said sometimes the reservation doesn't "stick" (his word) when it gets passed to DL from KL and DL doesn't see it. Uh huh. So, he reissued the ticket but this time as an AF tix #. He said to call DL in about 15 minutes to see if they have it now. Got through to DL about 45 minutes after this. Got a very good agent. Gave her the DL PNR and she still saw the DL443 flight not the DL330. I asked her to check my name under DL330 and nothing was there. To my surprise, she took it upon herself to look into the record and found my new AF tix #s and the AF PNR # without me having to ask her or give her the AF numbers. Keep in mind I was told by the last 3 DL agents they did not have the ability to see any KL/AF tix# or PNR #. Hmmmm.

She put me on hold and contacted the Partner Desk. Came back on the phone and said that they have the new AF res that was just made and they confirmed we are on DL330 with assigned seats that match what I see on the AF website and confirmed by AF in the emails. The Partner Desk told the agent to tell me to ignore what I see on delta.com as it has to be "cleaned up" (their phrase) and just go by what AF sent me. No new DL PNR was issued. Since the flights are still a month and half away maybe they are prioritizing their "clean up"? Just a guess.

At this point I said thank you to the agent, gave her a "5" for the post-call survey and went back to bed.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Update - 25 June: I'm updating this thread to report what actually happened. 1) My DL record never got updated with the, confirmed by KL, earlier flight DL330. 2) When I checked in at PRG the checked bag tags showed DL330 as the last connection but no DL BP was given. 3) Got to LAX passed the bag off at TB terminal and went to Delta to get BP. This took a confused agent 10 minutes to figure out the reservation and he had to go to another terminal to print BP and it was for the later flight DL443. As if to be put on DL330 but there was no room left in J and no record of my reservation on DL330 that had been made by KL. Asked what about the bags already tagged for DL330 by KL and he said they would go with me on DL443. 4) Got to HNL and the bags were already at the Delta baggage service desk as they had come in 3 hours earlier on DL330.

Then, this morning I got the usual "How was your flight" email survey from DL. (Oh, this should be fun). Has anyone else noticed that at the end of the survey in addition to the ability to write any additional comments, they now give you the ability to video record up to a 30 minute video to say your comments? I gave them a 5 minute recap including the KL and DL record locators and flight numbers emphasizing how disconcerting the whole thing was.

Lesson learned from the experience: The only thing that counts when you depart is what the record locator says for the operating carrier and not the one you ticketed with, if different.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
You had better know the operating carrier's record locator AND Zthe ticket number in the event of a cancelation...makes getting refund much easier.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobertS975
You had better know the operating carrier's record locator AND Zthe ticket number in the event of a cancelation...makes getting refund much easier.
I agree. I had the ticket numbers as well but that was not a factor in this instance.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Having the same problem

I guess this seems to be a non-isolated incident. Booked AMEX IAP for KLM (074) ticket stock - but no Delta flights on this itinerary (have some positioning flights booked on DL stock, separately). Except in this case, all flights are KLM/AF - as opposed to OP in this thread.

My record locator on both the Air France app and on KLM web site pull correctly, with ticket numbers and seats, etc. But DL is showing redundant, separated flights in my app - the first leg is in there twice (although I don't think either of them are correct) and legs 2/3 are in a separate "trip" per Delta. This was a bit concerning so I called Delta, the rep said that something is funny with our itinerary after I gave him the ticket numbers. He said that there is a duplicate for the first leg and it looks like different PNR's to him, and the first leg is "assigned" but not confirmed, whereas the second legs are fully confirmed?? He stated that we would have problems at the airport with this; and suggested calling KLM to clean it up. After waiting for a KLM agent, they say that the ticket looks fine, and we're fully confirmed on all three legs with one ticket number and PNR each. Should I assume all will be ok, and it's just a glitch with how the partner hands over the flights? Do I even care, since none of the relevant legs are on DL metal? I'm just worried based on this thread and others that an IT glitch at AF/KLM is at play and only the Delta agent was astute enough to see it (but per him, not able to do anything about it).
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by superbobx2
I guess this seems to be a non-isolated incident. Booked AMEX IAP for KLM (074) ticket stock - but no Delta flights on this itinerary (have some positioning flights booked on DL stock, separately). Except in this case, all flights are KLM/AF - as opposed to OP in this thread.

My record locator on both the Air France app and on KLM web site pull correctly, with ticket numbers and seats, etc. But DL is showing redundant, separated flights in my app - the first leg is in there twice (although I don't think either of them are correct) and legs 2/3 are in a separate "trip" per Delta. This was a bit concerning so I called Delta, the rep said that something is funny with our itinerary after I gave him the ticket numbers. He said that there is a duplicate for the first leg and it looks like different PNR's to him, and the first leg is "assigned" but not confirmed, whereas the second legs are fully confirmed?? He stated that we would have problems at the airport with this; and suggested calling KLM to clean it up. After waiting for a KLM agent, they say that the ticket looks fine, and we're fully confirmed on all three legs with one ticket number and PNR each. Should I assume all will be ok, and it's just a glitch with how the partner hands over the flights? Do I even care, since none of the relevant legs are on DL metal? I'm just worried based on this thread and others that an IT glitch at AF/KLM is at play and only the Delta agent was astute enough to see it (but per him, not able to do anything about it).
This is common to have multiple PNRs.

I'm curious though, how is DL pulling up if there's no DL flights/wasn't bought via DL. Was there at one time DL flight? Or did you buy flights as a DL codeshare number?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:27 pm

Same issue here, AGAIN! booked via AF, had to make some changes. Now, DL is showing 2 redundant legs (one with incorrect date, and one with an incorrect destination on a correct date).

How do I resolve this? AF says everything is fine. Delta says everything is fine, but I see a cluster... On my delta reservation.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by smartytravel
Same issue here, AGAIN! booked via AF, had to make some changes. Now, DL is showing 2 redundant legs (one with incorrect date, and one with an incorrect destination on a correct date).

How do I resolve this? AF says everything is fine. Delta says everything is fine, but I see a cluster... On my delta reservation.
Today is Schedule Change Saturday. See what it looks like on Monday.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Today is Schedule Change Saturday. See what it looks like on Monday.
it's been like this for 2 weeks.

It started with me needing to make a change in my booking. I did on the AF app, and it went through but apparently broke Delta reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.