Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Saw this separate line for Delta One /360 / Diamond passengers only at the ATL B club today. There was no line so I was not affected by it, but wouldn’t love to be standing here in line while others passed. Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?
krazykanuck and Adelphos like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:06 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...club-line.html

Originally Posted by businesstino
Saw this separate line for Delta One /360 / Diamond passengers only at the ATL B club today. There was no line so I was not affected by it, but wouldn’t love to be standing here in line while others passed. Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:08 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If the sign is movable , help them out by moving it to a longer queue nearby
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I am wondering if lines are forming post June 1 change. If none, perhaps this weekend is the first big test.

Jiburi
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
This is probably the wrong forum. Feel free to move.

I enter the SkyClub with my Amex Platinum and used to pay for my guest with either the Platinum or Hilton Aspire. On this past trip, they wouldn't allow me to pay for the guest with my Aspire.

On the rules page it states that members who have access with a Reserve or Delta Platinum must pay for the guest with those respective cards. It doesn't say that under members who enter with a Centurion or Amex Platinum.

So can I technically pay for a guest with the Hilton Aspire or not? I asked three different people at the SLC Club and they all said it had to be the same card, but that isn't what the small print says.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Hello. I'm flying VS UC LHR - LAX - PHX - will I be permitted access to the LAX Sky Club? Reading the access rules on the DL website, it says access on arrival is for Delta One passengers only, which obviously I am not.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Hello. I'm flying VS UC LHR - LAX - PHX - will I be permitted access to the LAX Sky Club? Reading the access rules on the DL website, it says access on arrival is for Delta One passengers only, which obviously I am not.
You're connecting on an international itinerary and are booked in business class, at least for the TATL segment. Either one would imply SC access at LAX if it were SkyTeam, but since VS is just a (close) partner and not a SkyTeam member, I'm not sure. However, you're connecting, not arriving, as LAX isn't your destination.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're connecting on an international itinerary and are booked in business class, at least for the TATL segment. Either one would imply SC access at LAX if it were SkyTeam, but since VS is just a (close) partner and not a SkyTeam member, I'm not sure. However, you're connecting, not arriving, as LAX isn't your destination.
Thanks, so this remains a grey area. I might ask DL.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So I messaged Delta - incredibly efficient, friendly and helpful as it happens - and they confirmed that VS J passengers do not get SC access on connections
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
So I messaged Delta - incredibly efficient, friendly and helpful as it happens - and they confirmed that VS J passengers do not get SC access on connections
agents on the messaging app say a lot of things, sometimes they're true and sometimes they're not.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Has anyone been successful geting any sort of “refund” for a SkyClub membership paid for with choice benefits?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Has anyone been successful geting any sort of “refund” for a SkyClub membership paid for with choice benefits?

They specifically say that once you choose a benefit, you've used your choice, so choose carefully.

No "takebacks".
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

"Are there any exceptions to this policy?
Delta 360 Members and American Express Centurion cardholders will be exempt from this policy change. Delta One customers will be partially exempt from this policy change in that they will still be able to access Clubs upon arrival to their final destination."

"Membership" vs card access hasn't been a thing for SkyClubs for years.
I just got the card for the access and I am pissed. Just arrived at SeaTac aftet long drive from Vancouver, fighting Seattle traffic to be told I can't come in for another 2 hours for my redeye.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

"Are there any exceptions to this policy?
Delta 360 Members and American Express Centurion cardholders will be exempt from this policy change. Delta One customers will be partially exempt from this policy change in that they will still be able to access Clubs upon arrival to their final destination."

"Membership" vs card access hasn't been a thing for SkyClubs for years.
I just got the card for the access and I am pissed. Just arrived at SeaTac aftet long drive from Vancouver, fighting Seattle traffic to be told I can't come in for another 2 hours for my redeye.

Last edited by sparksals; Aug 24, 2022 at 8:22 pm Reason: Posted twice by accident.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I just want to confirm with you guys that as of June 1st, Diamonds don't have to wait until three hours prior to departure to access the SC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.