Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to Male / Maldives

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
CMB is to put it mildly, a s***hole. DXB/AUH are better options, as DOH doesn't have much ST presence at all. (I think MEA/SAUDIA except for around World Cup)
FWIW CMB airport is fine if you have 1. VIP arrival/departure service and 2. Are flying EK. The lounge is quite nice. The problem arises with the boarding, where there is NO priority to get into the gate area and the terminal is usually hot and muggy.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Mosaic 3, ⓥ for the animals
CMB is to put it mildly, a s***hole. DXB/AUH are better options, as DOH doesn't have much ST presence at all. (I think MEA/SAUDIA except for around World Cup)
Sorry, but I really enjoyed Sri Lanka. CMB (both the airport and the city) aren’t great. But there are tons of fantastic places a short drive away (tea plantations, colonial-era heritage hotels, wreck diving). And you pretty much can’t do better for cheap Y and J fares to Malé. Its a great place to dry out (at least once) to or from the Maldives.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta 5.5mm, UA, AA 1.mm, Hilton Diamond Hyatt, Marriott
We've been through CMB several times heading to dive Maldives and once spent a week in Sri Lanka. Drove down the west coast and took a train to Kandy. Enjoyed it. Airport is not great but lounge is fine and hey, it's an adventure.
KRUXED likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:28 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by DLATL777
There are a million better carriers flying to Maldives. Dont fly Skyteam. Use QR/EK/EY etc.
Not very helpful if the goal is clearly to use Skypesos.
SouthernCanada likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by TBD
Not very helpful if the goal is clearly to use Skypesos.
But is very helpful if the goal is to have an enjoyable trip.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
DL will sell it, however there's 2 issues. 1)AF codeshares on the route, not all days are AF operated. DL won't sell the codeshare IME. 2)MLE/SEZ have a bug in DL system that prevent searching correctly. There will be applicable fares and valid flights, but DL system simply won't return them. It'll require calling in and getting knowledgeable agent (or using ITA MATRIX) to book.
I've never had any luck processing the ITA matrix booking. Every time I select "book with Delta", I receive an error similar to this, "Please try again.#100800R".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.