Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by SeaHawg
You and me both… Flew it for the first time today out of AMS and under the new GUC rules (didn’t clear the waitlist). Absolute garbage product. Embarrassing… Had I not booked main cabin with miles, I would have felt ripped off paying a 50% cash premium over a guaranteed C+ seat. Everything was the same as economy and nowhere near a domestic FC experience. First meal was decent, but the pre-landing three week old cheez whiz sandwich was an absolute disgusting display for something branding as premium. I did take a picture of mine- It was so disgusting no one on my row of eight took more than two bites.

For what DL advertises versus what they deliver is like night and day with this product. After flying PE, my odds of buying paid J to make DM to snag GUCS to “upgrade” to this in the future are slim. Total trash product..

Absolutely disgusting and embarrassing, Delta.
I've had this same conversation about my last 3 Delta flights. They sell a product they no longer provide. My last flight from Italy ran out of food, wine, and and had a broken bathroom. Blamed on the caterer, the caterer, and then never mentioned the broken toilet. They have always been expensive from Atlanta, but now they no longer command the price. We have cancelled all biz trips until the Fall, and our European trip will most likely not be on our "hometown airline".
SeaHawg and altabello like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Thank you for this thread. My expectations are downgraded for our upcoming flight after reading it. We'll get a slightly better seat than comfort and anything over that is gravy. We got a steal in miles so we'll be ok with it knowing ahead of time not to expect the old PS experience.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
One other thing, sat in 25G on a 359. Booked it because no one could “catapult” me and wake me up trying to get out of their seat. One small problem: at least 50% of the time when a FA had a cart, they would hit my seat or elbow, thus waking me up. Won’t book PE again, but if I did, I’d go bulkhead.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cathep
Thank you for this thread. My expectations are downgraded for our upcoming flight after reading it. We'll get a slightly better seat than comfort and anything over that is gravy. We got a steal in miles so we'll be ok with it knowing ahead of time not to expect the old PS experience.
This is the right attitude to go in with. If you go in expecting "Delta One light", you'll likely be disappointed. If you expect slightly more room than comfort +, but the same food, you'll be fine.
GWFan and cathep like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Exactly why I try to book AF PE if it’s available……still get my DL credit and much better soft and hard product.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Originally Posted by boss315
Exactly why I try to book AF PE if it’s available……still get my DL credit and much better soft and hard product.
Really? AF’s PE product has never been great. Uncomfortable seat and economy food. Unless something has changed over covid. DL was on the right track. Their PE seats are decent and their J light meal service was on track. Sadly they lost their way
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
Really? AF’s PE product has never been great. Uncomfortable seat and economy food. Unless something has changed over covid. DL was on the right track. Their PE seats are decent and their J light meal service was on track. Sadly they lost their way
AF recently started having dedicated PE meals
FabCW likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:09 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
I'm currently in PS now (A330-900) and the one flight attendant I asked didn't know when normal PS service would return.

The only extras over MC/C+ right now are the noise-cancelling headphones (I wish these were available on demand so they aren't taking up space, I have my own) and a foam pillow (personally, I like dense pillows and usually I am disappointed when travelling) and a real blanket.

Besides PS, I would like to see pre-2020 MC meal service return. I flew SEA/NRT in 2019 and had a choice of two appetizers and three entrees, including salmon.

I also like DL's catering better in any cabin than AF PE, both pre and in the COVID eras.
cathep likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
My wife and I were on DL28 last evening (JFK-NCE). Knew there would be problems when there were three gate changes. Then one hour delay at final gate.
The Good: We were in PS bulkhead (20A&B), with lots of leg room, comfy pillow, blanket and nice eye shades in the amenity kit.
The Other: As posted else where, main cabin meal (Chicken or Pasta) basically thrown at us with a salad and a chocolate chip cookie. Wooden utensils, wine from a plastic bottle server in a plastic cup which said "Coca-Cola". Never saw cabin crew again (Delta website says dedicated cabin crew for Premium Select) until Breakfast.
Breakfast was a cup of coffee!! Nothing else.
A couple in the middle aisle (to give Delta some credit) were incredibly obnoxious, but they pointed out to a crew member "we paid double the coach fare for this....).
They were correct.
If you want leg room and ability to sleep. If you want service, try another airline.
I normally fly Business, but could not justify paying $10K vs less than $2K for PS.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Here is the PS enhancement

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...light-service/

Additionally, later this summer, Delta will begin serving a new “Delta Sundae” in all Premium Select, Comfort+ and economy cabins on long-haul international flights. The new sundae will be pre-packaged and feature malt ice cream, speculoos cookies, jammy cherries and fudge caramel.

same as economy enhancement

No matter what DL says, PS is NOT a true separate cabin any more. It's a seat upgrade within the economy cabin, like C+ is
doubleA, PMFR and altabello like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:03 am

Hopefully there is more to come but I won't hold my breath. Have a flight from ATL - CDG in January booked in PS, debating if I should swap to the AF flight.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Here is the PS enhancement

Additionally, later this summer, Delta will begin serving a new “Delta Sundae” in all Premium Select, Comfort+ and economy cabins on long-haul international flights. The new sundae will be pre-packaged and feature malt ice cream, speculoos cookies, jammy cherries and fudge caramel.

same as economy enhancement

No matter what DL says, PS is NOT a true separate cabin any more. It's a seat upgrade within the economy cabin, like C+ is
Hopefully there is more to come but I won't hold my breath. Have a flight from ATL - CDG in January booked in PS, debating if I should swap to the AF flight.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
This is wrong. There are regulatory definitions of what constitutes a cabin, your personal feeling on whether it's worth it or not isn't one of them.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I hope y'all are writing to Delta after every one of these PS flights to complain. No change will come otherwise.
doubleA, SeaHawg and Bailorg like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by atldiamond
I hope y'all are writing to Delta after every one of these PS flights to complain. No change will come otherwise.
You bet! It is a fairly easy change for them to dress it up. I’m also calling them on mine as well.
lindros2 and Bailorg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.