Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 4:41 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
AA doesn't provide complimentary spirits though just beer and wine on intercontinental flights in Main Cabin.
That changed recently. Check their website, and xJonNYC posted a screenshot from the IFS manual on Twitter.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So PS LHR-JFK is still the economy meal and snack. Also crappy economy blanket. What gives with this? Will they ever go back to better meals? Also the light snack of Grilled Cheese with caramelized onions is just weird - plain would have been fine - just like normal pizza was better than their pizza twist.
cmd320 and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by VFR
That changed recently. Check their website, and xJonNYC posted a screenshot from the IFS manual on Twitter.
That leaves United then as the only carrier to not provide complimentary spirits on intercontinental flights.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Giachettis
Delta needs to up PS perks and service a lot . They should make it elegible for D1 upgrade and same lounge access privileges abroad. It needs much better food service . Not competitive with other airlines Premium Economy offerings . Emirates AF and virgin way better . Disappointing Delta . Need to up game . For small guy like me no real advantage to DL Comfort in current offering and much more $$$. Make changes quickly DL please
I'm good with everything you said except this. Lounges are crazy enough and no one else really does this.

But food and bedding needs to go back to what it was. (tbh I wish they would bring the Westin stuff back for D1 too. The eco friendly stuff is okay but not Heavenly) Right now the soft product in PE is a joke.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Giachettis
Delta needs to up PS perks and service a lot . They should make it elegible for D1 upgrade and same lounge access privileges abroad. It needs much better food service . Not competitive with other airlines Premium Economy offerings . Emirates AF and virgin way better . Disappointing Delta . Need to up game . For small guy like me no real advantage to DL Comfort in current offering and much more $$$. Make changes quickly DL please
So the question for what you've outlined becomes: who is DL competing against that you are saying is driving a "need to up the game"? AF and VS are joint-venture partners (each in a respective market). There may be agreements on service-level standards and such but DL is not "competing" against VS or AF and in a practical sense doesn't care if you choose VS or AF or DL due to the JV. Keep in mind JV partner KLM doesn't even have PE (though that is changing soon).

For EK, how many markets is DL competing against EK in right now? EK isn't much of a threat to DL for flights to Europe (except for a handful of Fifth Freedom routes) or Eastern Asia or even Australia. Probably little impact on the flights to South Africa. The biggest threat is that EK might syphon off traffic from DL that would connect to a partner in Europe and continue onward to the Gulf States or to India as DL doesn't fly to either market directly but I'm not sure just how much traffic that is and probably isn't fully driving DL's TATL strategy.

What UA/LH/etc. and what AA/BA/etc. are doing for TATL options to Europe and what the respective alliances are doing/offering on TPAC to Eastern Asia (and perhaps Oceania) is going to have a far greater impact on what DL does (and how it should respond) than EK.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
just took an extended survey and sh-t all over Delta PS/PE.
i didn't record a video. Wish I could record one, of my experience, including cabin (broken seat, awful food).
SeaHawg likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
So the question for what you've outlined becomes: who is DL competing against that you are saying is driving a "need to up the game"? AF and VS are joint-venture partners (each in a respective market). There may be agreements on service-level standards and such but DL is not "competing" against VS or AF and in a practical sense doesn't care if you choose VS or AF or DL due to the JV. Keep in mind JV partner KLM doesn't even have PE (though that is changing soon).

For EK, how many markets is DL competing against EK in right now? EK isn't much of a threat to DL for flights to Europe (except for a handful of Fifth Freedom routes) or Eastern Asia or even Australia. Probably little impact on the flights to South Africa. The biggest threat is that EK might syphon off traffic from DL that would connect to a partner in Europe and continue onward to the Gulf States or to India as DL doesn't fly to either market directly but I'm not sure just how much traffic that is and probably isn't fully driving DL's TATL strategy.

What UA/LH/etc. and what AA/BA/etc. are doing for TATL options to Europe and what the respective alliances are doing/offering on TPAC to Eastern Asia (and perhaps Oceania) is going to have a far greater impact on what DL does (and how it should respond) than EK.
Even against AA and UA, premium select is not competitive.

The Big Middle Seat simply does not compare with the enhanced services, plus a big middle seat provided by UA and AA. It's like an ULCC version of PE
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Interesting thread. I have two DL flights upcoming August (LHR to JFK & LAX) and opted for Comfort seats instead of premium select given the price tag (+£1100 for each return). I did not do much research but I felt that the difference between Comfort and Premium Select seems to be bigger compared to what BA would charge (haven't flown to the US since Covid started so I am still used to £400 LHR to LAX returns; I guess prices increased across the board).
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Even against AA and UA, premium select is not competitive.
This. 100%
SeaHawg likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
This past week I flew my first PS AMS-MSP and I was not impressed. C+ was fairly empty (PS was full) and I almost went and grabbed a couple of seat there. Definitely not worth the premium I paid.
SeaHawg and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:02 pm

My husband is flying Premium Select US>LHR today. Booked this trip at the last minute and D1 was way too expensive so we had to settle for PS. I look forward to hearing about his experience.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by lindros2
just took an extended survey and sh-t all over Delta PS/PE.
i didn't record a video. Wish I could record one, of my experience, including cabin (broken seat, awful food).
You and me both… Flew it for the first time today out of AMS and under the new GUC rules (didn’t clear the waitlist). Absolute garbage product. Embarrassing… Had I not booked main cabin with miles, I would have felt ripped off paying a 50% cash premium over a guaranteed C+ seat. Everything was the same as economy and nowhere near a domestic FC experience. First meal was decent, but the pre-landing three week old cheez whiz sandwich was an absolute disgusting display for something branding as premium. I did take a picture of mine- It was so disgusting no one on my row of eight took more than two bites.

For what DL advertises versus what they deliver is like night and day with this product. After flying PE, my odds of buying paid J to make DM to snag GUCS to “upgrade” to this in the future are slim. Total trash product..

Absolutely disgusting and embarrassing, Delta.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Blinged Out

We also can’t forget the C+ PS “amenity kit” either. Last time I flew “Premium Select” was JFK-PDL on a 752… Had Tumi kit and real glass/ceramic wares…
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wasn't there a post somewhere that DL was supposed to restore the full Premium Select experience mid-summer? What happened to that? I'm booked in it June 28 to Italy, and I'm beginning to regret paying for the upgrade.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Wasn't there a post somewhere that DL was supposed to restore the full Premium Select experience mid-summer? What happened to that? I'm booked in it June 28 to Italy, and I'm beginning to regret paying for the upgrade.
DL never said they would restore the pre pandemic service. All they said was some "enhancements". That could mean anything from discounted lounge access to a slight amenity kit improvement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.