Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The MBA student intern strikes again!
kthomas likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
There's still a non-trivial number of OTAs, blogs, etc. that refer to Y+ products as premium economy. Considering the relative magnitude of true PE products vs. Y+ (for DL, there's maybe 50-60 PS tickets per PS-equipped frame per day, while nearly every flight has double-digit C+ tickets), I'm not even sure JD Power could get reasonable sample sizes just from true PE absent a really high response rate.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:02 am

I flew premium select on DL last month as well as premium economy on AF. Coming up I have a flight on BA ( which I’ve never flown) in premium economy. Wondering of it is worth the extra $863 over economy ( Boston to London). I’m then flying BA economy to Cairo. Also thinking of business class for the whole trip. Comments?
Old May 12, 2022, 7:20 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
I flew premium select on DL last month as well as premium economy on AF. Coming up I have a flight on BA ( which I’ve never flown) in premium economy. Wondering of it is worth the extra $863 over economy ( Boston to London). I’m then flying BA economy to Cairo. Also thinking of business class for the whole trip. Comments?
I flew BA premium economy pre-COVID and I was not particularly impressed. The entree was an option from the Club World (business) menu, and the rest of the food was plated Economy food. You will also have to pay to pick your seat in advance in BA premium economy and business (!) unless you have BA or oneworld elite status. They fly both their old and new business seats out of Boston; the old ones are probably best avoided. Check out the AARP and Chase discounts; you can save a significant amount of money on BA.

Bringing this back to Delta: Air France apparently provides economy service in their premium economy cabin and has a bad seat. If you enjoyed Air France, you should enjoy BA more. Delta has a more comfortable seat (IMO) and pre-COVID had a dedicated flight attendant and better service, so that probably beats BA.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
BA has for a long time segmented their cabins. Each segment is better than the last; more so than USA carriers.
BA economy to Cairo would worry me. BA premium economy would get me out of the cattle call that is economy to the middle east.
SIDE NOTE - just got covid note from the CDC/state of Georgia. Someone on my flight had covid. They were in economy (my sleuth work). I'm fine after 5 tests.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lindros2
anyone think Delta's fall/decline in JD Power this year will nudge them to improve Premium Select?
For $3700 r/t (ATL <> Europe), getting economy-class food and a crap Comfort+ amenity bag is a crime.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jd-pow...faction-study/

Not until they aren't sold out. I book two weeks out for international and they are only a handful of PS seats left if any. I can't justify paying that much for a middle seat.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:37 am

Premium select worth it

Just flew Jfk Mxp in premium select . Overall not worth it .$2000. They need to up food and service a lot . Just coach food - disappointing !!!!. Seats are more comfortable but scream for better leg rest . Not long enough . Almost uncomfortable !!!. Too expensive for the slightly bigger seat that cannot be compared to Delta one. Food service subpar at this price .
kthomas likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Giachettis
Just flew Jfk Mxp in premium select . Overall not worth it .$2000. They need to up food and service a lot . Just coach food - disappointing !!!!. Seats are more comfortable but scream for better leg rest . Not long enough . Almost uncomfortable !!!. Too expensive for the slightly bigger seat that cannot be compared to Delta one. Food service subpar at this price .
I tend to agree PS was supposed to rival domestic F, which is what Virgin PS is. DL PS is closer to Y than domestic F.
CowGirlMoo likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by troyintn
I tend to agree PS was supposed to rival domestic F, which is what Virgin PS is. DL PS is closer to Y than domestic F.
Delta needs to up PS perks and service a lot . They should make it elegible for D1 upgrade and same lounge access privileges abroad. It needs much better food service . Not competitive with other airlines Premium Economy offerings . Emirates AF and virgin way better . Disappointing Delta . Need to up game . For small guy like me no real advantage to DL Comfort in current offering and much more $$$. Make changes quickly DL please
Old May 31, 2022, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not aware of many airlines that offer lounge access or comp upgrades to business for Premium Economy passengers. It looks like JL offers comp lounge access for PE pax, but that seems to be about it. LH provides discounted lounge access, but it's not comped. Pretty clear that DL is not going to offer such things when almost no one else is.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:39 am

Just saying they need to up their game quite a bit . The food and in cabin service ( none ) is inferior . If they’re not going to offer some benefits or at least comparable service I think it may be hard sell even for mileage customers . You get the miles and better service to Europe on partners
SeaHawg and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:40 am

Just saying they need to up their game quite a bit . The food and in cabin service ( none ) is inferior . If they’re not going to offer some benefits or at least comparable service I think it may be hard sell even for mileage customers . You get the miles and better service to Europe on partners
Old May 31, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM
I have flown UA Premium Plus several times this spring over the ocean and have been impressed with the catering. They are doing what DL used to do and select two items from the J class service for P+. Technically, alcohol isn't to be included, but I've never had a problem getting a vodka diet comped in P+ with only gold status. It is a better buy than DL.
SeaHawg likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:20 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I have flown UA Premium Plus several times this spring over the ocean and have been impressed with the catering. They are doing what DL used to do and select two items from the J class service for P+. Technically, alcohol isn't to be included, but I've never had a problem getting a vodka diet comped in P+ with only gold status. It is a better buy than DL.
UA recently changed their policy and hard liquor is again included in all Premium Plus tickets.

UA now the only US3 airline to not provide free liquor in coach on intercontinental flights though.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by VFR
UA recently changed their policy and hard liquor is again included in all Premium Plus tickets.

UA now the only US3 airline to not provide free liquor in coach on intercontinental flights though.
AA doesn't provide complimentary spirits though just beer and wine on intercontinental flights in Main Cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.