Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I'm flying TATL PS A350 this week and will report anything different from above.
pbjag and FabCW like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Jeoffke
Bigger seat, better recline, footrest and two seats at the window vs 3 seats on the A350. To me it's worth 250 - 300 upgrade price but not more, and especially so for overnight flights.
Also I loved skipping the horrible security line in BRU airport because of SKY priority. Just a shame about the food downgrade.
Has there been any talk as to when PS food offerings will improve?
boss315 and RaflW like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Has there been any talk as to when PS food offerings will improve?
It needs to improve soon, UA is bringing back the full Polaris breakfasts in PP (O cabin) instead of the domestic F breakfast sandwiches on flights longer than 9 hours

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...economy-class/
lindros2 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
It needs to improve soon, UA is bringing back the full Polaris breakfasts in PP (O cabin) instead of the domestic F breakfast sandwiches on flights longer than 9 hours

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...economy-class/
Any news on United bringing back complimentary spirits in international PP? Currently it’s beer and wine only.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CalebMCO
Any news on United bringing back complimentary spirits in international PP? Currently it’s beer and wine only.
Nothing regarding complimentary spirits on int'l PP. No clue why UA provides them on DOMESTIC PP but not int'l PP
Old May 1, 2022, 3:41 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Nothing regarding complimentary spirits on int'l PP. No clue why UA provides them on DOMESTIC PP but not int'l PP
I suspect it's because Lufthansa wanted to eliminate complimentary spirits in long haul Economy and Premium Economy. Thanks to their joint venture, they might have leaned on UA to tag along.

The US airlines are still figuring out what Premium Economy should be -- is it the domestic First product on an international plane, is it Economy with a larger seat, or is it something in the middle. If the pendulum has swung towards price-conscious leisure travelers booking Premium Economy during/after the pandemic, I wouldn't expect too much in terms of service. If the pendulum later swings back to price-insensitive business travelers (as now Premium Economy is the only option in-policy for many companies), I'd expect slight service improvements as airlines try to compete for these travelers.

Long-term, I think it's going to shake out like it's domestic First on an international plane. Delta got pretty close with their original Premium Select product: they had a dedicated flight attendant, real glassware, and plated meals. The glassware went away when they expanded PS to more planes (though it was probably worth it; bloggers thought the plastic cups were a catering mistake for a long time), and COVID cuts eliminated most of the other differences. I could be wrong though, and it could end up being economy with a larger seat.
Unitedloyalflyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
I suspect it's because Lufthansa wanted to eliminate complimentary spirits in long haul Economy and Premium Economy. Thanks to their joint venture, they might have leaned on UA to tag along.

The US airlines are still figuring out what Premium Economy should be -- is it the domestic First product on an international plane, is it Economy with a larger seat, or is it something in the middle. If the pendulum has swung towards price-conscious leisure travelers booking Premium Economy during/after the pandemic, I wouldn't expect too much in terms of service. If the pendulum later swings back to price-insensitive business travelers (as now Premium Economy is the only option in-policy for many companies), I'd expect slight service improvements as airlines try to compete for these travelers.

Long-term, I think it's going to shake out like it's domestic First on an international plane. Delta got pretty close with their original Premium Select product: they had a dedicated flight attendant, real glassware, and plated meals. The glassware went away when they expanded PS to more planes (though it was probably worth it; bloggers thought the plastic cups were a catering mistake for a long time), and COVID cuts eliminated most of the other differences. I could be wrong though, and it could end up being economy with a larger seat.
Not sure the cuts were covid cuts. DLs JV partner, AF, has only ever provided economy service in PE. I suspect DL made the change to align with AF
VFR likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Had long talk with two FA this week on AMS-JFK. They both indicated that the improved PS service is being brought back over the summer. They didn’t have any idea of date. However, I will be interested to see if DL follows through with this or sticks with the cheap-o service due to heavy loads and few truly complaining. Short-sighted—-there’ll be a recession and people will remember.
photojojo likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Not sure the cuts were covid cuts. DLs JV partner, AF, has only ever provided economy service in PE. I suspect DL made the change to align with AF

They went the wrong way. AF should have stepped UP.
Unitedloyalflyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
They went the wrong way. AF should have stepped UP.
Yep.

A few years ago, when it was time to ditch WN, I was debating UA/AA/or DL as my airline of choice. I was strongly considering DL due to their strong PS product (before I could outright splurge on business at times). Happy I didnt as Polaris typically costs less than D1, and PS simply has become not worth the upcharge
Old May 1, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boss315
Had long talk with two FA this week on AMS-JFK. They both indicated that the improved PS service is being brought back over the summer. They didn’t have any idea of date. However, I will be interested to see if DL follows through with this or sticks with the cheap-o service due to heavy loads and few truly complaining. Short-sighted—-there’ll be a recession and people will remember.
I totally agree PS on Virgin is pretty close to Domestic F, PS on DL is barely better than Y.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are the PS upgrades being offered at check in or sometime earlier/ymmv?

Debating DEN-MSP-KEF for 56k C+ (PS is 145k) vs DEN-KEF on FI for an eye watering $1700 Saga premium (domestic F).

Last edited by frudd38; May 3, 2022 at 1:36 am
Old May 3, 2022, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by frudd38

Debating DEN-MSP-KEF for 56k C+ (PS is 145k) vs DEN-KEF on FI for an eye watering $1700 Saga premium (domestic F).
Skip FI. Its the same as you'll get on DL PS. It's not worth the premium, as it's not really business.

Depending on time of year KEF get lie flat 757/763. (JFK/KEF in past more often than MSP/KEF)
Old May 3, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Skip FI. Its the same as you'll get on DL PS. It's not worth the premium, as it's not really business.

Depending on time of year KEF get lie flat 757/763. (JFK/KEF in past more often than MSP/KEF)
Yea it's a tough choice between direct 7.5 hours VS 1 connection in C+ with potential paid upgrade to PS (and flexibility to cancel for close in J award). PS does seem to be on par and not much better than FI "J".
Old May 3, 2022, 12:27 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by frudd38

I flew to KEF last year on an award ticket (SEA-JFK-KEF, KEF-MSP-SEA), and never saw any upgrades for sale, despite D1 on a 763 going out mostly empty on JFK-KEF.
frudd38 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.