Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
When I flew in the PS cabin recently, it looked like C+ actually has more legroom than does PS, albeit with the same seat as in the MC.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
As if it matters, has anyone got surveys from delta and/or provided feedback on how PS has declined/degraded?

there are a lot of DM/PM and MM here - does Delta listen?
kthomas, HAPPYLIFE and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:03 am

My preference is the bulkhead seats, plenty of legroom, enough space for the person next to you to get out easily, nobody reclining into your space. One slight downside may be the entertainment screen is attached to your armrest but this doesn’t bother me.
CO-PLAT and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:05 am

Also my experience is that the bulkhead seats sell out much quicker, suggesting there are many people who prefer them.
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:05 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
2nd to last row or bulkhead is preferred seats. Last row of PS has a misaligned window.
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
2nd to last row or bulkhead is preferred seats. Last row of PS has a misaligned window.

It's probably specific to the type of aircraft. The one I'm thinking of is a 330-200 with PS.

The window isn't critical, as it's a night flight. Also, I'll be traveling with a companion.

I have a limited window to make the decision. Currently, both the bulkhead and last row are available.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
It's probably specific to the type of aircraft. The one I'm thinking of is a 330-200 with PS.

The window isn't critical, as it's a night flight. Also, I'll be traveling with a companion.

I have a limited window to make the decision. Currently, both the bulkhead and last row are available.
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Good call Gertjaars - My previous experiences have been on A350-900 in which the last PS seat rows are aligned with the windows. I've heard this is not the case on A330s.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wb2020
Good call Gertjaars - My previous experiences have been on A350-900 in which the last PS seat rows are aligned with the windows. I've heard this is not the case on A330s.
I would only do bulkhead on the 767-400 because the TVs are not under the seat so I can watch tv during takeoff and landing and also I can have my laptop with tv on (it would hide it otherwise) but that’s my preference.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

If I book via Virgin but the flight is Delta Premimum Select can I book my seat for free in advance?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Moonstone1234
If I book via Virgin but the flight is Delta Premimum Select can I book my seat for free in advance?
Yes absolutely. You can just enter your Virgin booking reference number under the 'my trips' tab on the delta website where it says confirmation number and it should recognize you.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Shocked and appalled that food has been downgraded since covid.

I flew PS twice pre-covid and the meal was more similar to D1 on a single tray than it was to Y. I thought the product was very good from Europe to the US but don't think I could sleep on the way to Europe. What I did on both trips was D1 over and PS back.

Bulkhead is the way to go.

Pretty upset that my GUC's I earned while DM are no longer good for D1. Now hearing the food is downgraded in PS makes me more upset. I'll be DM again soon and will not select upgrade certs again.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Overall the PS Bulkhead seats are decent and better then coach. I would choose several other seats in Y if the bulkhead is taken. The PS seats are slightly wider 1/2 inches but if the person in front of you is leaning back the seat feels very cramped and hard to get in and out of, as the seat in front is bigger.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:26 am

Bigger seat, better recline, footrest and two seats at the window vs 3 seats on the A350. To me it's worth 250 - 300 upgrade price but not more, and especially so for overnight flights.
Also I loved skipping the horrible security line in BRU airport because of SKY priority. Just a shame about the food downgrade.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Jeoffke
bigger seat, better recline, footrest and two seats at the window vs 3 seats on the A350. To me it's worth 250 - 300 upgrade price but not more, and especially so for overnight flights.
Also I loved skipping the horrible security line in BRU airport because of SKY priority.

Last row, or front row?
Old May 1, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Last row, or front row?
Front
Goodoldflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.