Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cathep
Flight back from MUC to ATL had very disappointing food. 1st meal was chicken, spinach, and scalloped potatoes. The spinach was so bad it dominated the taste of the rest of the meal. 2nd meal was a cauliflower crust pizza that was decent at least. Most disappointing was the snack food. I'd ordered gluten free to and from AMS on Delta before and received excellent GF snacks. This time I got what was offered to everyone else which meant I couldn't eat either snack offered. I was told to go search the snack basket which didn't have anything GF in it. Finally someone searched in the galley and brought almonds.

I'm posting these details for those searching for what a gluten free passenger will receive to and from Europe. A search on gluten free doesn't have a lot of info in the last couple of years.
What cabin? Coach?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What cabin? Coach?
I assumed she meant PS, from her comments and since it was in this thread. But the food options are the same as coach, right?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I was asked that after I made another post. This is a thread about "Delta Premium Select", right?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cathep
I was asked that after I made another post. This is a thread about "Delta Premium Select", right?
You're right, but on this forum, it always pays to specify, as details matter, and sometimes get lost in translation. At least your timing was good, as it continues to get hotter in Europe.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Promising hints at pending improved Premium Select Food and Service!

Hi everyone,

I don't know if it'll happen in time for a LAX-SYD-LAX trip in DL Premium Select I have this November, but I was happy to read this identical text buried in 2 separate Delta press releases toady: one about their new CPT/PPT/TLV routes, and the other one about their introduction of Premium Select to new Mainland-Hawaii routes:

"In the months ahead, Delta will continue to evolve the Delta Premium Select experience, with onboard enhancements designed with customers’ well-being in mind and personalized experiences that go beyond the seat. Customers can look forward to an elevated dining experience, premium service touchpoints and new one-of-a-kind amenity kits featuring thoughtfully curated travel essentials. "

The link to the Delta News site articles are ...

For the new CPT/PPT/TLV routes: https://news.delta.com/delta-bolster...viv-and-tahiti
For the new Premium Select domestic Hawaii routes: https://news.delta.com/stretch-out-d...-routes-winter

Fingers crossed DL might finally be bringing back some level of premium service to Premium Select!
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Looking at booking LAX-SYD-LAX on A350 and using GUC to book into Premium Select. I have flown D1 before but not PS. I am 6’1 and wondered about recommendations on seats to pick or not pick. Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Bulkhead!
M2578Z and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
TPG gave a full review a few years ago, I’d say go for bulkhead though I really don’t like the screens being under the seat (vs the 764 where they’re in front of you), especially if you’re working on a laptop.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by Colomike
Hi everyone,

I don't know if it'll happen in time for a LAX-SYD-LAX trip in DL Premium Select I have this November, but I was happy to read this identical text buried in 2 separate Delta press releases toady: one about their new CPT/PPT/TLV routes, and the other one about their introduction of Premium Select to new Mainland-Hawaii routes:

"In the months ahead, Delta will continue to evolve the Delta Premium Select experience, with onboard enhancements designed with customers’ well-being in mind and personalized experiences that go beyond the seat. Customers can look forward to an elevated dining experience, premium service touchpoints and new one-of-a-kind amenity kits featuring thoughtfully curated travel essentials. "

The link to the Delta News site articles are ...

For the new CPT/PPT/TLV routes: https://news.delta.com/delta-bolster...viv-and-tahiti
For the new Premium Select domestic Hawaii routes: https://news.delta.com/stretch-out-d...-routes-winter

Fingers crossed DL might finally be bringing back some level of premium service to Premium Select!
To be fair, nothing in there says a return to the old PS "D1-lite" service.

Enhanced dining could be the old AF appetizer "inspired by business class"
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
To be fair, nothing in there says a return to the old PS "D1-lite" service.

Enhanced dining could be the old AF appetizer "inspired by business class"
I’m wondering if they are at least using glassware for beverages at this point or is it still plastic cups?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by dldmfll
I’m wondering if they are at least using glassware for beverages at this point or is it still plastic cups?
Glassware hasn't been around since the very earliest days of PS

I believe only UA offers glassware in PE, and only during meal services
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As of my VCE-ATL flight on 8/4, they're doing slightly better than with my outbound earlier in the summer. Food is still terrible, but at least they actually provided the amenity kits, and made a pass with the snack basket. I still think they're overselling (and overpricing) this product.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
As of my VCE-ATL flight on 8/4, they're doing slightly better than with my outbound earlier in the summer. Food is still terrible, but at least they actually provided the amenity kits, and made a pass with the snack basket. I still think they're overselling (and overpricing) this product.
Yet people seem to be buying PS. Unless demand for this cabin crumbles, I wouldn’t expect major improvements at this point.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by FabCW
Yet people seem to be buying PS. Unless demand for this cabin crumbles, I wouldn’t expect major improvements at this point.
Sadly agree- It’s a trash product. I may be disAAppointed, but I decided to status match and get an AA card to make EXP. At least 70k mile OW Q-suite redemptions trump the DM/GUC hamster wheel. Unless I can book PS and get cleared for under 130K miles RT, DM is no longer worth it. DL One is showing its age on many birds too. The latest deval followed by trash PS made free agency way more appealing.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FabCW
I'm currently of the belief that Delta is trading short-term profits for long-term failure here. Everyone who's flown PS this summer and was unimpressed by the lack of service differentition is going to decide not to pay for it again in the future unless the buyup is relatively low. I know at least one low-frequency traveler who came to that conclusion, and I'm sure they're not alone. Their ability to charge a price premium is going to evaporate in the next 12 months or so unless major service improvements return.

The numbers are probably being goosed in some small amount by the GUC rule changes, too, although I think that's a relatively minor factor in the grand scheme of things. Could still account for a couple people per flight, though.
Spiff and SeaHawg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.