Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on/Regional Jet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Carry on/Regional Jet

Flying on DL from YYZ to LGA. Never been on DL on this route. Are rollaway carry ons gate checked on Regional Jets? Do I claim the carry on at the gate in LGA?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by startpacking
Flying on DL from YYZ to LGA. Never been on DL on this route. Are rollaway carry ons gate checked on Regional Jets? Do I claim the carry on at the gate in LGA?

Thanks in advance.
Depends on RJ type and load. E170/75 and CR9 both have OH big enough to handle. (# of carryon is main issue) CRJ/CR7 they always check.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, flying on a CRJ 900
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Depends on RJ type and load. E170/75 and CR9 both have OH big enough to handle. (# of carryon is main issue) CRJ/CR7 they always check.
This is oversimplified. E170/75 do not offer pink tag valet service. All CRJ variants do. The CR9 while big enough for some, won't be big enough for all. There are show bags that will fit on the CR7. Not many are likely to fit on the CR2.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
This is oversimplified. E170/75 do not offer pink tag valet service. All CRJ variants do. The CR9 while big enough for some, won't be big enough for all. There are show bags that will fit on the CR7. Not many are likely to fit on the CR2.
Pink tag has nothing to do with type of plane. Rather it's simply a matter of which option agent goes with. Agents generally only offer IME pink tags if flying CRJ/CR7. CR9 and E170/75 normally are actual bag tags. However I've seen pink tags even for E75. Only difference between two is bag tags always goto claim belt. Pink tags normally get picked up on jetbridge, but some airports also send to claim belt.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:16 am
Original Poster

I'm confused. ...I assume a pink tag means that the bag is gate checked and claimed on the jet bridge on arrival. Is this correct?

Can I/should I request a pink tag or it solely at the discretion of the gate agent.

just want to be prepared and have valuables packed correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, Pink tagged is claimed as soon as you get off the plane in the jetway. Normally its at the end of the jetway where you actually step on to the plane, but some airports have designated luggage carts that the bags are loaded on and you pick them up, again, before you leave the jet way.

I have a carry on that i use when I am flying a 200. It actually fits overhead. They always pink tag it but i just carry it on and use the overhead. I have another bag that I use for 700/900 that works every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.