Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disappointed with Delta, should have stayed with United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed with Delta, should have stayed with United

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by scottemick
Now that I've completed a few legs with Delta, I would like to say that Delta is pretty good. The gate attendants are pretty attentive to me and my party as a platinum. The flight attendants are also very competent. We had a dog medical emergency on a flight coming into ATL and the girl ran down the isle as we were landing and helped a dog with something lodged in its throat. The game server which allowed the passengers all to play poker together was pretty cool and lots of fun, though it was broken on the ATL-PIT segment later....
Now I have to figure out how to keep status. I have the Delta Gold Amex, but it looks like maybe I need to get the platinum. I have no problem with 25K spend I can do that in a heartbeat, I can probably do 250K spend lol. But I will probably lack enough segments or miles I'm not exactly sure how Delta's works yet.
I do like to complain, but I am fair and I can say Delta is pretty damn good..
Wow, it's not often someone on FTs starts a thread to complain about an airline then admits to overreacting a bit. It's refreshing to see. The grass will always be greener but in reality the US3 are all equally mediocre.
SNAGuy and Adam1222 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by golfr
I'm shocked about JetBlue.
Don't be. That's why they are buying Spirit so they will move up to #8 by default.

David
ijgordon and scottemick like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:46 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I just like to report my experiences and I feel that I am honest and forthright and I admit when I was wrong...Delta did give my step mom a $25 credit for something that was not right to use for future flights so I can see they do care and make efforts to make things right. United also did give me $40 food voucher for a cancelled flight that I used to take my son to Ellway's at DIA lol...But I can see Delta is a notch above most carriers and I'm pretty observant.
SNAGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.