Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

are delta miles useless for intl awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are delta miles useless for intl awards?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Please let me know when this happens. At least out of PHX in shoulder season, low-to-middle 60K miles RT for US to EU is as low as I have seen it get, with a notable exception of 40K in 2021 when no one was flying..
You will likely not see anything that low from PHX these days. The sub-50K RT main cabin awards are mainly limited to competitive east coast gateways like BOS and NYC (where revenue fares also tend to be cheaper). There's shoulder season awards on LAX-LHR for 58K RT. I see PHX-CDG from 62K RT. Lowest DL metal award levels require mid-week Tue-Thu travel. Partner coach awards are 35K each way (70K RT) and don't require mid-week flights.

You can do PHX-MUC in May from 68K RT in Premium Select (via DTW) which is a pretty good deal. Could also be useful if you've got any GUCs available.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 9, 2022 at 10:14 pm
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by xliioper
You will likely not see anything that low from PHX these days. The sub-50K RT main cabin awards are mainly limited to competitive east coast gateways like BOS and NYC (where revenue fares also tend to be cheaper). There's shoulder season awards on LAX-LHR for 58K RT. I see PHX-CDG from 62K RT. Lowest DL metal award levels require mid-week Tue-Thu travel. Partner coach awards are 35K each way (70K RT) and don't require mid-week flights. You can do PHX-MUC in May from 68K RT in Premium Select (via DTW) which is a pretty good deal. Could also be useful if you've got any GUCs available.
Thanks! Particularly the Premium Select one was a good find.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
It's not really unique to KE. If you read the other airlines forums, it seems getting partners to open up award space after a schedule change is generally pretty challenging.
I think it’s been this way for several years. KE has always been tight on J award availability. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be Korean’s issue to fix if DL changes their schedule. Why should they or any other airline open additional premium award space to accommodate other airlines each time they have schedule changes? Lucky for OP it sounds like she got a rep who got her son rescheduled via KL instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.