Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Transit through BOS Delta - Virgin Atlantic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,
I have a flight booked from EWR - BOS - LHR (Booked through Virgin Atlantic)
From EWR to BOS it is Delta and From BOS to LHR it is Virgin Atlantic.
From what i can see on the details it looks like the delta flight arrives at Terminal A and Virgin Atlantic Departs from Terminal E.
1. Does Any one know if the Bags are going to be checked in at EWR for the entire trip, or will i have to collect the bags at Terminal A and then Transfer them to Terminal E myself.
2. Will i have to go through Security Again when walking between the terminals?
Thank you
Borg drone
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
1. Should be checked at EWR for the whole trip.
2. For BOS unfortunately yes you have to go through TSA again. Exit from terminal A and walk through the garage or take the shuttle bus to E.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Great,
Thank you for the information.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
You might already know this if you're based in the NYC area, but keep an eagle eye on whether EWR-BOS is on time. A later in the day flight from EWR-BOS has an incredibly high likelihood of being delayed, so you may want to switch to JFK-LHR should it look like you're going to blow your BOS connection.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
How does it work for the reverse trip say LHR-BOS-EWR? I know all Delta and Virgin international arrivals are at E so is there is a bag transfer area right at E after clearing customs or do you need to walk your luggage with you over to A?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:47 am

I don't have first-hand experience, but I'd certainly think there would be a bag drop at E after customs for connections to DL domestic.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by adhiren
How does it work for the reverse trip say LHR-BOS-EWR? I know all Delta and Virgin international arrivals are at E so is there is a bag transfer area right at E after clearing customs or do you need to walk your luggage with you over to A?
I can confirm there is a DL baggage recheck in E, right after you exit CBP.

Also, another vote for just walking through the garage to transfer between A and E (both directions). Signage is fairly good, and faster than the bus (unless you have mobility issues).
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There are moving walkways and the transit is indoors, so its not as bad as it sounds when we say go through the garage.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies

Also, another vote for just walking through the garage to transfer between A and E (both directions). Signage is fairly good, and faster than the bus (unless you have mobility issues).
This is false as I flew in the other day and there is no DL baggage recheck in E... Its only for American. You do need to physically take your luggage to A, stand in the bag drop line and recheck it even if it has already been tagged to your final destination including showing your passport . I flew LHR-BOS-EWR however it is the same for all incoming Delta flights from London, Paris and Amsterdam - they will Not transfer/recheck your luggage for you in E... You're on your own and you may as well have just bought 2 tickets instead of 1

Last edited by adhiren; Apr 29, 2022 at 4:45 pm
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetsOfTheSkies

This is false as I flew in the other day and there is no DL baggage recheck in E... Its only for American. You do need to physically take your luggage to A, stand in the bag drop line and recheck it even if it has already been tagged to your final destination including showing your passport. I flew LHR-BOS-EWR however it is the same for all incoming Delta flights from London, Paris, and Amsterdam - they will Not transfer/recheck your luggage for you in E... You're on your own and you may as well have just bought 2 tickets instead of 1

Last edited by adhiren; Apr 29, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.