Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have an 8:15 PM flight to Europe tomorrow out of JFK. I expect a madhouse - I will try to take pictures of crowding at Virgin, Centurion and SkyClub lounges at the 5 PM to 6 PM hours
dw likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM
noticed a sign walking into CDG M lounge today saying something about amex delta and platinum cards do not grant access (never noticed an explicit sign before though probably just never paid attention; there was also a 'no priority pass' sign directing to the yotel)

also waited in line at JFK a week or two ago when flying D1, line moved pretty fast but was surprised that at least a few groups ahead of me (w/in earshot) did not have access so contributed to the line length/time but not actually crowding the club; there was a cart being pushed down the line w/ snacks but no one was partaking... :-)
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by roberta_h
noticed a sign walking into CDG M lounge today saying something about amex delta and platinum cards do not grant access (never noticed an explicit sign before though probably just never paid attention; there was also a 'no priority pass' sign directing to the yotel)

also waited in line at JFK a week or two ago when flying D1, line moved pretty fast but was surprised that at least a few groups ahead of me (w/in earshot) did not have access so contributed to the line length/time but not actually crowding the club; there was a cart being pushed down the line w/ snacks but no one was partaking... :-)
I'm not sure I'd partake even if I wanted it. I'm never so hungry that I need to eat standing there in line in the middle of the terminal (just feels weird to me). And it would be strange to take it and not eat it right there.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
D? Why D? It's not close to the gates DL uses for flights with D1 cabins.
Sorry, I meant E.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Now:

Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:12 pm

Line is a bit deceptive - it was probably 5 minutes. Agents were verifying people’s access in line; they gave people red tickets, and we presented those to agents when entering the club at the top of the escalator. Club is full but I have seen it more packed. Was presented champagne upon entering club:

Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Line is a bit deceptive - it was probably 5 minutes. Agents were verifying people’s access in line; they gave people red tickets, and we presented those to agents when entering the club at the top of the escalator. Club is full but I have seen it more packed. Was presented champagne upon entering club:
I believe the primary driver of the wait at the SkyClub (and Centurion for that matter) is staffing, not physical capacity, related. As I see it, lounges are still struggling to maintain the bar, buffet and clean-up staffing at levels that support "typical" lounge dwell time...
dw likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I believe the primary driver of the wait at the SkyClub (and Centurion for that matter) is staffing, not physical capacity, related. As I see it, lounges are still struggling to maintain the bar, buffet and clean-up staffing at levels that support "typical" lounge dwell time...
This is an important - and overlooked - point.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Noticed new signs at ATL T Skyclub this AM. Now First has been added to D1, Diamond and 360 express line.

First was not originally allowed express entry when the queue system was set up. No idea how many weeks the sogns have been out for...its been a couple weeks since I've used the T Club.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:53 am

No line today, but one of the most crowded clubs I have seen at PHX this morning. Almost every seat taken, Buffett out of commission as they change over, people pounding drinks at 9:30 AM, etc
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:30 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Noticed new signs at ATL T Skyclub this AM. Now First has been added to D1, Diamond and 360 express line.

First was not originally allowed express entry when the queue system was set up. No idea how many weeks the sogns have been out for...its been a couple weeks since I've used the T Club.
This raises a bunch more questions...

1. Do I get priority if I'm a FO with an Amex Platinum that got an upgrade to First?
2. Does partner business class get priority?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by VFR
2. Does partner business class get priority?
I would think AF/KL/VS J or UC seats, especially if booked through DL, would apply for the D1 line. That's just me assuming of course, though; I'm mostly interested in the answer since I'll be trying it in a couple weeks.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
This may have been covered in another thread but there is a new banner bug outside the FLL SC announcing a 2,400sf expansion of the SC in 2023. Can't wait. I'm here on a Saturday afternoon at 1:30pm and it's packed. Nice, but packed.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
This may have been covered in another thread but there is a new banner bug outside the FLL SC announcing a 2,400sf expansion of the SC in 2023. Can't wait. I'm here on a Saturday afternoon at 1:30pm and it's packed. Nice, but packed.
I used to live in FLL. You get a ton of cruise traffic heading home on Sat/Sun afternoons.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
FLL Skyclub Expansion

The expansion coming at FLL SkyClub isn't new news. They announced it very shortly after opening the current Sky Club (after having closed for almost a year). As an FLL based flyer, I was pretty shocked at how small the brand "new" SkyClub was. I think the two part expansion of the new club was the plan all along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.