Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Sep 16, 22, 12:07 pm
  #496  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 9,491
MSP F line yesterday was absurdly long around 130pm local time.

Didn't even bother getting in the line -- actually went down the hall to the Escape Lounge which was almost packed itself but at least no line to get in. The PGA place next door seemed fairly empty and in the end I just decided to walk around and get some exercise.

By contrast no issues with either RDU or SFO this week (and my layover at ATL was too short to check there)
Duke787 is online now  
Old Sep 16, 22, 12:15 pm
  #497  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 14,015
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Friday morning @ 8AM barely half full.
BOS has sufficient lounge space especially with the international departures leaving out of E now instead of the satellite A gates (by A18).
And - the A18 club expansion/renovation is finally done so the space is open and full bar and buffet back to the original area instead of the temporary spot.

The main A6 location can get nearly full at peak business travel time but I haven't seen a line yet.
rylan is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 7:14 pm
  #498  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,524
JFK Tonight 9/16

6:30pm. Over capacity of course. One line. No Diamond fast pass. Who needs the Reserve Card?
shoodawg is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 7:21 pm
  #499  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,865
Originally Posted by BA850 View Post
- The selection of complimentary food and beverages is better than what youd find in an Admirals Club, but Ive never seen lines like that at an AC, or a Flagship Lounge. Its a matter of personal preference, but (guaranteed) lounge access is important for me, so Ill be sticking to AA when flying domestically in the US.
Charlotte has lines like this routinely for the open Admirals club.
BA850 likes this.
steveholt is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 7:59 pm
  #500  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DAL/DFW
Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
Posts: 76
The line was literally about 70 people long when I looked at JFK T4 early evening - decided to take a walk up and down the terminal a couple of times instead. Came back an hour later and it was down to maybe 40 people but was moving remarkably quickly, so my wife and I got in fast. Can't have been more than 10-15 minutes in that line. The bar service has been extremely fast, considering the crowds. Food refreshed on a regular basis. Frankly, coming from AA, I'm impressed with how well they've handled it. But if I was a high status Delta member and not a credit card holder, I'd probably be put out that I had to wait in line ahead of vacationers with a credit card.
on-a-stick is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 9:01 pm
  #501  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 9,491
Originally Posted by on-a-stick View Post
The line was literally about 70 people long when I looked at JFK T4 early evening - decided to take a walk up and down the terminal a couple of times instead. Came back an hour later and it was down to maybe 40 people but was moving remarkably quickly, so my wife and I got in fast. Can't have been more than 10-15 minutes in that line. The bar service has been extremely fast, considering the crowds. Food refreshed on a regular basis. Frankly, coming from AA, I'm impressed with how well they've handled it. But if I was a high status Delta member and not a credit card holder, I'd probably be put out that I had to wait in line ahead of vacationers with a credit card.
This is when the AMEX Plat is a clutch option for JFK -- you've got the AMEX lounge itself but you also have the VS Lounge as an option (though early evening is pretty packed everywhere)
on-a-stick likes this.
Duke787 is online now  
Old Sep 16, 22, 9:17 pm
  #502  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,524
JFK Centurion 9/16

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
This is when the AMEX Plat is a clutch option for JFK -- you've got the AMEX lounge itself but you also have the VS Lounge as an option (though early evening is pretty packed everywhere)
The Centurion was also over capacity tonight. A waiting list was being used. Our invitation text came about 30 minutes after checking in so we passed. Then flight delayed so headed over to Skyclub. Long line there with no Diamond Fastpass.
shoodawg is offline  
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:28 pm
  #503  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MCO
Programs: Delta DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 666
DCA was very pleasant around 9:30 am on Friday. It was less than half full. I also noticed a sign that a Centurion Lounge is coming.
spudley007 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 8:11 am
  #504  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC (LGA, JFK), CT
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 3,778
Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
The Centurion was also over capacity tonight. A waiting list was being used. Our invitation text came about 30 minutes after checking in so we passed. Then flight delayed so headed over to Skyclub. Long line there with no Diamond Fastpass.
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. Im guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
Adelphos is online now  
Old Sep 17, 22, 8:43 am
  #505  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 849
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. Im guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
is there any particular reason to believe there won't be the typical drop off when school starts or just a guess?
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 8:45 am
  #506  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. I’m guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
Right, traveling to Europe (mostly, anyway) has returned to, more or less, the convenience of the pre-pandemic days. And, if France is open absent any restrictions, I can't see how other countries vying for tourist dollars, especially American ones, would hope to compete by having any restrictions or inconveniences in place.
Visconti is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 12:25 pm
  #507  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 24,192
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
is there any particular reason to believe there won't be the typical drop off when school starts or just a guess?
School has started. Labor Day typically marks end of Summer
flyerCO is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 1:02 pm
  #508  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 19,702
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
is there any particular reason to believe there won't be the typical drop off when school starts or just a guess?
Travel to EU is still relatively popular into October (generally referred to as shoulder season). Airlines can still largely fill seats by charging somewhat cheaper fares than in the more popular summer months. JFK-VCE/NCE last flights for season are Oct 28th (along with ATL-MXP/VCE/ATH/BCN/DUB). And the following routes are reduced to less than daily starting in November - JFK-ARN/CPH/ATH. ATL flights seem to have somewhat more seasonality than JFK, but they both see a pretty significant reduction of flights to EU in November (the hub-to-hub routes also mostly look to lose a daily flight starting in November).

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 17, 22 at 1:15 pm
xliioper is online now  
Old Sep 17, 22, 4:47 pm
  #509  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOS
Posts: 73
Massive line at JFK T4 sky club this evening (5pm on a Sat). They went down the line handing out waters while people waited.

I defected to T2. No line outside (because this dreary club is in massive need of s refresh). Lines inside for the bar, for the food, for the bathroom.
Chaz_12 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 22, 5:56 pm
  #510  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Posts: 14
LAX Sky Club at capacity

Very early Saturday morning and there is almost nowhere to sit. Lovely, relatively new club, nice outside area, but filled. Line for the men's room. When I left to catch my connecting flight, there was a line of about 50 people waiting to get in. Seems like someone did a poor job of capacity planning with the new construction.
bdmarc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread