Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
MSP F line yesterday was absurdly long around 130pm local time.

Didn't even bother getting in the line -- actually went down the hall to the Escape Lounge which was almost packed itself but at least no line to get in. The PGA place next door seemed fairly empty and in the end I just decided to walk around and get some exercise.

By contrast no issues with either RDU or SFO this week (and my layover at ATL was too short to check there)
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Friday morning @ 8AM barely half full.
BOS has sufficient lounge space especially with the international departures leaving out of E now instead of the satellite A gates (by A18).
And - the A18 club expansion/renovation is finally done so the space is open and full bar and buffet back to the original area instead of the temporary spot.

The main A6 location can get nearly full at peak business travel time but I haven't seen a line yet.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:14 pm

JFK Tonight 9/16

6:30pm. Over capacity of course. One line. No Diamond fast pass. Who needs the Reserve Card?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by BA850
- The selection of complimentary food and beverages is better than what youd find in an Admirals Club, but Ive never seen lines like that at an AC, or a Flagship Lounge. Its a matter of personal preference, but (guaranteed) lounge access is important for me, so Ill be sticking to AA when flying domestically in the US.
Charlotte has lines like this routinely for the open Admirals club.
BA850 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
The line was literally about 70 people long when I looked at JFK T4 early evening - decided to take a walk up and down the terminal a couple of times instead. Came back an hour later and it was down to maybe 40 people but was moving remarkably quickly, so my wife and I got in fast. Can't have been more than 10-15 minutes in that line. The bar service has been extremely fast, considering the crowds. Food refreshed on a regular basis. Frankly, coming from AA, I'm impressed with how well they've handled it. But if I was a high status Delta member and not a credit card holder, I'd probably be put out that I had to wait in line ahead of vacationers with a credit card.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by on-a-stick
The line was literally about 70 people long when I looked at JFK T4 early evening - decided to take a walk up and down the terminal a couple of times instead. Came back an hour later and it was down to maybe 40 people but was moving remarkably quickly, so my wife and I got in fast. Can't have been more than 10-15 minutes in that line. The bar service has been extremely fast, considering the crowds. Food refreshed on a regular basis. Frankly, coming from AA, I'm impressed with how well they've handled it. But if I was a high status Delta member and not a credit card holder, I'd probably be put out that I had to wait in line ahead of vacationers with a credit card.
This is when the AMEX Plat is a clutch option for JFK -- you've got the AMEX lounge itself but you also have the VS Lounge as an option (though early evening is pretty packed everywhere)
on-a-stick likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:17 pm

JFK Centurion 9/16

Originally Posted by Duke787
This is when the AMEX Plat is a clutch option for JFK -- you've got the AMEX lounge itself but you also have the VS Lounge as an option (though early evening is pretty packed everywhere)
The Centurion was also over capacity tonight. A waiting list was being used. Our invitation text came about 30 minutes after checking in so we passed. Then flight delayed so headed over to Skyclub. Long line there with no Diamond Fastpass.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
DCA was very pleasant around 9:30 am on Friday. It was less than half full. I also noticed a sign that a Centurion Lounge is coming.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by shoodawg
The Centurion was also over capacity tonight. A waiting list was being used. Our invitation text came about 30 minutes after checking in so we passed. Then flight delayed so headed over to Skyclub. Long line there with no Diamond Fastpass.
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. Im guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. Im guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
is there any particular reason to believe there won't be the typical drop off when school starts or just a guess?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Everyone and their mother is flying to Europe this fall, and all will have Amex cards. I’m guessing early evening JFK lounges will be at capacity until December
Right, traveling to Europe (mostly, anyway) has returned to, more or less, the convenience of the pre-pandemic days. And, if France is open absent any restrictions, I can't see how other countries vying for tourist dollars, especially American ones, would hope to compete by having any restrictions or inconveniences in place.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
is there any particular reason to believe there won't be the typical drop off when school starts or just a guess?
School has started. Labor Day typically marks end of Summer
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Travel to EU is still relatively popular into October (generally referred to as shoulder season). Airlines can still largely fill seats by charging somewhat cheaper fares than in the more popular summer months. JFK-VCE/NCE last flights for season are Oct 28th (along with ATL-MXP/VCE/ATH/BCN/DUB). And the following routes are reduced to less than daily starting in November - JFK-ARN/CPH/ATH. ATL flights seem to have somewhat more seasonality than JFK, but they both see a pretty significant reduction of flights to EU in November (the hub-to-hub routes also mostly look to lose a daily flight starting in November).

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 17, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:47 pm

Massive line at JFK T4 sky club this evening (5pm on a Sat). They went down the line handing out waters while people waited.

I defected to T2. No line outside (because this dreary club is in massive need of s refresh). Lines inside for the bar, for the food, for the bathroom.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage
LAX Sky Club at capacity

Very early Saturday morning and there is almost nowhere to sit. Lovely, relatively new club, nice outside area, but filled. Line for the men's room. When I left to catch my connecting flight, there was a line of about 50 people waiting to get in. Seems like someone did a poor job of capacity planning with the new construction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.