Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by xliioper
There's a number of Europe routes that are either dropped or seasonally reduced in November. Bookings may be "strong", but there is still a significant dropoff in demand and capacity to Europe as you get into later Fall through early to mid Spring.
I think to Churnie's point though, travel in general hasn't dropped off of a cliff post Labor Day as many thought. Leisure travel continues to hold up, which will create occasional lines at JFK, especially before these Europe flights drop off. My flight to Spain in a couple of weeks looks full.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
This thought just crossed my mind about this topic, thank goodness the new SLC is a thing because I used to be SLC based when the old terminal was a thing and that one small SkyClub for everybody. That would be a complete meltdown in itself right there
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:58 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I fly out of JFK T4 often, before 8 am there are lots of empty seats. In the evening (with lots of intl flts) the lounge is crowded, but the few times there were lines they moved rapidly.
T4 is a large terminal with the AMEX CENTURION lounge very close to TSA security, that lounge's location helps to draw pax away from the SC (assuming they head there first). The SC is near gate 32, due to the large walking distances pax dep from (say) gate 24 might not even choose to use the SC--TSA c/i to 32 (back) to 24 is lots of walking.
[PS: I can't remember every seeing ALL the moving walkways working...]
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think to Churnie's point though, travel in general hasn't dropped off of a cliff post Labor Day as many thought. Leisure travel continues to hold up, which will create occasional lines at JFK, especially before these Europe flights drop off. My flight to Spain in a couple of weeks looks full.
It is not going to drop soon. A lot of people haven't flown in 2 years and they are "revenge flying".
Adelphos likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
It is not going to drop soon. A lot of people haven't flown in 2 years and they are "revenge flying".
And doing international mileage runs for MQDs. People are swimming in MQMs but MQDs never rolled over during covid.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Went to F SC @ ATL 3.5 hours before flight (@ 1225)and was let right in. No line whatsoever.

As we're leaving (@1410) it's now pretty packed with a line outside.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:14 am

Has the Diamond/360/D1 "skip the line" come to JFK yet?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
any recent ATL / Concourse D Club experience lately? I know its not a great space to begin with, but I'll likely be departing from D tonight (Canada departure) and hoping with a smaller gate footprint on D the lines won't be awful.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:16 am
WGM

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
any recent ATL / Concourse D Club experience lately? I know its not a great space to begin with, but I'll likely be departing from D tonight (Canada departure) and hoping with a smaller gate footprint on D the lines won't be awful.
I was there 9/6 around 4:00pm and it was less than half full. Agree it isn't very good but I was flying standby and it was close to the gate.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by WGM
I was there 9/6 around 4:00pm and it was less than half full. Agree it isn't very good but I was flying standby and it was close to the gate.
roger, thanks. ATL-YYZ showing a D concourse departure at 730pm. It's either pop into T SkyClub after clearing TSA, or go right to D concourse.

I assume E and F Clubs will be jammed, and I don't really like duplicative plane train rides at ATL just to chase the "better" lounges these days; its a fool's errand I'm afraid!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta PM
Early AM flight out of ATL T (for now) tomorrow; will report on what the line/club look like.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Has the Diamond/360/D1 "skip the line" come to JFK yet?
No. Doubt it will. Way to many D1/360/DM @ JFK.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:58 pm

popped into ATL / T SkyClub tonight (Thursday at 615pm). zero wait to get in. infact there wasn't even an agent by the elevator manning the line. maybe 45-50 guests in the club which seemed almost serene for a Thursday night.

Then headed to D11 for the YYZ flight, which posted a delay 30 minutes before departure so we tried that club as well (literally across the hall). Agent was metering one out / one in at a time, but again there was zero wait.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
roger, thanks. ATL-YYZ showing a D concourse departure at 730pm. It's either pop into T SkyClub after clearing TSA, or go right to D concourse.

I assume E and F Clubs will be jammed, and I don't really like duplicative plane train rides at ATL just to chase the "better" lounges these days; its a fool's errand I'm afraid!
they weren't when i was there a few days ago. If the club nearest you has no line just pop in and ask then the capacity of the other clubs. They have access to a system that monitors the capacity level of all the clubs
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
BOS A18 club

Friday morning @ 8AM barely half full.
rylan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.