Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by UnevenGray
Amex pays Delta when people access a SkyClub via Amex Platinum. I don't think Amex pays Delta per swipe if people access with the Delta-branded Platinum or Reserve.
Delta Platinum cardholders have to pay. I'm sure they don't pay for a reserve swipe just like Citi or Chase doesn't pay united or American when someone accesses their lounges with their premium co-branded credit card.

I'd love to know what they pay per swipe and why American no longer gives access with a Platinum card. Could have something to do with Delta being so close in bed with AmEx also.

I'd love to know if Delta pays AmEx anything when a Reserve card is swiped at a Centurion of Escape club.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If someone isn't willing to pay to guest someone into the CL they probably won't be willing to pay to guest them into the skyclub either. And unfortunately a reserve cardholder can't guest anyone in to the CL lounge.
The Delta Reserve card? From what I see in the terms you should be able to guest someone into the CL lounge, but it costs $50. Course, if you don't have any guest passes the delta lounge will cost you $39 to guest someone in now, so not a huge difference.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
How are they doing lines? You scan in and depending on your access with priority? I'm a paid Exec Skyclub membership, I'd be annoyed if I was told I had to wait 30 minutes considering I only arrive 30-45 minutes pre-boarding anyway. MCO, FLL, MIA have been crazy for a month now and it's peaking due to springbreak but I'm wondering if it'll die down. I typically fly out of MCO at 6AM so I've never had a wait or seen more then a dozen people in the skyclub lol.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
WGM

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If someone is on a paid J ticket they should be given access over an Am Ex swipe seeing Delta doesn't have business class lounges like their competition has.
I didn't think paid J alone got SC access?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cubeman
How are they doing lines? You scan in and depending on your access with priority? I'm a paid Exec Skyclub membership, I'd be annoyed if I was told I had to wait 30 minutes considering I only arrive 30-45 minutes pre-boarding anyway. MCO, FLL, MIA have been crazy for a month now and it's peaking due to springbreak but I'm wondering if it'll die down. I typically fly out of MCO at 6AM so I've never had a wait or seen more then a dozen people in the skyclub lol.
MCO, LAS, and NYC are reported to be the hot destinations for travel this summer (by Americans, I presume).
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WGM
Yes, paid international (note DL's definition for this purpose) business class on a same day SkyTeam itinerary is eligible to enter any business class SkyTeam departure lounge.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I've seen the LGA D club turn away Amex cardholders when it was very crowded.
What type of AMEX are we talking? If its the DL AMEX there's likely to be an issue. The straight AMEX PLT (not DL AMEX PLT) i could see denying.. However, issue as AMEX prepaid for couple years worth of entry fees.

Originally Posted by DrMilano
One more year until AmEx opens up their largest Centurion Lounge at 26,000 sq feet in ATL in Terminal E.. Probably will be a mass exodus of the DL Reserve/Platinum/Reserve from the Sky Clubs: https://about.americanexpress.com/al...t/default.aspx

It was so nice traveling last January through March with Delta using the B17 Sky Club as the main club, was so tranquil and calm.

Delta's greed created the SkyClub overcrowding issue for Amex revenue swipes.
This "greed" is why the SC are as nice as they are. Otherwise we'd have the same lounges/food as an AA Admiral Club.

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Likely not for long: https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...-guest-policy/

Greed? That's a little hyperbolic, isn't it? They're in business to make money. They're required by law to perform to the best of their abilities, lest they be sued by stockholders not getting the returns they expect.
Agree on the greed part. On the TPG story, that only concerns guests. Its $39 for a guest at SC, why wouldn'tpay $50 for much better Centurion lounge?

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
That should ALWAYS be the rule.
Agree for non-DL branded cards. For DL branded, it would be a bit of stretch.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What type of AMEX are we talking? If its the DL AMEX there's likely to be an issue. The straight AMEX PLT (not DL AMEX PLT) i could see denying.. However, issue as AMEX prepaid for couple years worth of entry fees.
I don't know, I have a membership so I walked right in. I just recall the agents telling people that they were only allowing in members at that time due to overcrowding.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by WGM
Delta one passengers (whether it's paid, miles, or GUC) get free access along with a guest regardless of status. If you are gold or higher you get free access anyway on international travel in coach so this really only benefits silver or blue members on international travel, and also gets you into partner lounges.

IIRC domestic D1 travel also gets you in the skyclub.

There have been a couple reports though of it not always working on arrival at your final stop though in Delta one.
MSPeconomist and emrdoc like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
About 40 people (est.) waiting in line for the B sky club on ATL right now. 6:40pm Thursday.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
In line at the Skyclub at terminal c LGA and 30 people in line. If the smaller club was open thered be no line.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was at the LGA SkyClub closest to the concourse with C30 and C34 in it on Tuesday 4/5 around 1730. There was a 6 foot high sign at the door indicating that the club was at capacity, but at the time I arrived there was a steady stream of flyers heading out of the club. So I went in and got admitted. The concierge there was exceptionally polite and recognized my status.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm afraid that they're going to take away arrival access privileges because of the overcrowding.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
I'm afraid that they're going to take away arrival access privileges because of the overcrowding.
That has to be a tiny fraction of total club visitation. They really need to be looking at club size, number of locations, and who is eligible to enter.
hockeystl and jamesteroh like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope they don't take away arrival privledges like the Centurion Lounges have. I like using them on arrival sometimes to take a shower at DTW off a redeye and grab coffee and breakfast and then head to the office and save a trip home or if a friend is arriving off another flight I'll wait for them in the Skyclub. Same with the three hour rule, there's been a few times where I will be on Standby for an earlier flight and not clear and will wait in the skyclub.

Something they could do when they are at capacity is not allow people to guest others in.
ShopAround and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.