Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by dldmfll
I have been to that club at DT W a couple times and kept from entering until a few people left. I went upstairs and found numerous seats vacant. Once I mentioned it when leaving the club to the Ambassador and she said well we like to keep space between our passengers. I get it back in the heavy duty Covid days but I think that's a passenger decision now!
Similar today at SLC, line to get in but every seat at the bar on the right as you go in was open, plenty of seating throughout
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW
The Bart SkyClub at DTW was “at capacity” when I arrived but I was the only one waiting. They had a big sign blocking the doors. They let me in the lobby and after a few seconds some people left. Thus I was invited to check in. There are lots of empty seats so it’s definitely not at capacity…
"Capacity" has nothing to do with how many seats you might be able to see - occupied or otherwise. It is completely about how many humans the fire marshal allows to be in a given space, and is calculated based on international standards governing the maximum number of people per unit of exit door space. The max is 50 per foot of exit door, so adding exit doors would do more good than adding seats.

Many people in this thread seem want to define "capacity" in terms of the phone-booth-stuffing contests of the 50's and 60's - it ain't full if there aren't people spilling out into the concourse!
wrp96 and PanAmSam like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
"Capacity" has nothing to do with how many seats you might be able to see - occupied or otherwise. It is completely about how many humans the fire marshal allows to be in a given space, and is calculated based on international standards governing the maximum number of people per unit of exit door space. The max is 50 per foot of exit door, so adding exit doors would do more good than adding seats.

Many people in this thread seem want to define "capacity" in terms of the phone-booth-stuffing contests of the 50's and 60's - it ain't full if there aren't people spilling out into the concourse!
Thanks for the lecture… capacity is marked at 99 for this Skyclub and there is no way 99 people (employees + travelers) were there during my stay.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Skoolz60
Similar today at SLC, line to get in but every seat at the bar on the right as you go in was open, plenty of seating throughout
Hmmm could this be DL's latest method to cut costs....artificially limit guests in the SC? Sad to say I wouldn't be surprised....
Spiff likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by FabCW
The Bart SkyClub at DTW was “at capacity” when I arrived but I was the only one waiting. They had a big sign blocking the doors. They let me in the lobby and after a few seconds some people left. Thus I was invited to check in. There are lots of empty seats so it’s definitely not at capacity…
I get this sad feeling that if Delta goes through with the Delta One lounges and there is one in Detroit, that the Bart SkyClub will become the normal club, and the big club will become the Delta One club.

When I was there, the Bart Club also had a sign up, and people kept walking out, and I was allowed right in. Nice, but tiny.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat

ATL E yesterday morning. Very short wait, agent came to the line scanning BPs to make it faster.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Did a weekend trip to Sarasota last weekend. Happily no lines at:

- ATL E Saturday 6:30 AM
- ATL F Saturday 6:30 AM
- ATL B Sunday 4:00 PM
- ATL C Sunday 5:00 PM
Spiff, SDQBound and dcadwell like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Happily no lines at:

- ATL F Saturday 6:30 AM
I'm more impressed you were in two places at once!

I went to the MSP F/G club yesterday around 2pm and found a line of about 10 people to get in. Though that's such a big club, 1 in 1 out only took a few minutes to clear.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Did a weekend trip to Sarasota last weekend. Happily no lines at:

Took the picture around 7:40 AM and the place was very crowded.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: co AA ua
Delta need to sell a service it can offer. The lounge is not complimentary. we pay an annual fee. Some creative way either by giving people vouchers for airport food purchase or have a takeout counter for food grab and go in case lounge is overcrowded, might be more reasonable and feasible short term solution.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm more impressed you were in two places at once!

I went to the MSP F/G club yesterday around 2pm and found a line of about 10 people to get in. Though that's such a big club, 1 in 1 out only took a few minutes to clear.
Ha well we came into E and went out of F so we walked by the E SC on the way to the F SC. But I shoulda known as it's FT someone would take it literally
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
At JFK this afternoon. Line about 30 passengers deep.

I remembered ATL (maybe this got discontinued) had a signage for D1 so asked, but got a response that there is no D1-skip-the-line trick @JFK.

I sat at an empty gate for 40 minutes - which was totally fine. Didn’t try the AMEX one because of the line.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I had my very first experience w/ Sky Clubs thanks to my Amex Platinum and was rather impressed:

- SLC last Thursday at 7pm - no wait
- LAX T3 this Sunday 8am - no wait
- SFO this Sunday 5min wait (and Sky Club Agent initially would not let me in due to 3hr rule and my flight to LHR was in 6 hours - had to go out and browse on DLs website to verify that I can go in even earlier when connecting; but a new agent was there who let me in anyway).

I found the food options/ decor/ bars better than what BA has to offer and much better compared to the Admirals Club/ United Clubs I've been in.

D
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Duck1981
- SFO this Sunday 5min wait (and Sky Club Agent initially would not let me in due to 3hr rule and my flight to LHR was in 6 hours - had to go out and browse on DLs website to verify that I can go in even earlier when connecting; but a new agent was there who let me in anyway).

D
Just curious - how did you have access at SFO prior to a flight to LHR when the SkyClub is not in or near the Int'l Terminal, and only Virgin flies nonstop?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Just curious - how did you have access at SFO prior to a flight to LHR when the SkyClub is not in or near the Int'l Terminal, and only Virgin flies nonstop?
You can access any terminal with a same day boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.