Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
Is be coming a crisis midday getting into the Fort Lauderdale club.
We flew out of FLL this past week on a delayed flight. Upon checking in, the ticket agent apologized for the late flight and when we said we'd just wait it out at the Sky Club, she said "if you can get in". We were able to, thankfully. Word on the street has it that the brand new FLL SC was built too small. The entire club including kitchen areas was built at just the size intended for the passenger area... who knows if this is accurate, but the club is definitely overcrowded.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The basic PP membership I get from AmEx Plat charge card gets me access to PGA at MSP with some credit for either F&B or some golf activity there. I also have the Escape lounge and two SkyClubs. It's nice to have choices.
I thought the PGA club was considered like a restaurant for PP.

Since DTW s an even bigger hub than MSP, I don't know why we don't have any PP options at McNamara. I'd rather have a restaurant credit if I have a delay than skycloub access sometimes.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Between this, the seriously eroded in-flight service and the often astronomical fares, I am struggling to fly DL over UA right now.
The fares are ridiculous to the point where we have booked some non-DL out of Atlanta and are looking for status match. And, if I have to eat one more domestic FC meal with those bamboo forks that stick to my lips, I'm gonna scream. Hope those go away.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
You are correct -- it's two guests or a spouse/domestic partner and any children under 21.
I know those of you with kids won't like this but they need to cut down on the number of kids if there is a wait. And, kick them out when the parents don't keep them under control. FLL SC was like a day care last week and all of the kids were on a sugar high.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by NoleATL
I know those of you with kids won't like this but they need to cut down on the number of kids if there is a wait. And, kick them out when the parents don't keep them under control. FLL SC was like a day care last week and all of the kids were on a sugar high.
LOL. Try MCO! More kids than adults.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:17 pm

We flew out of FLL this past week on a delayed flight. Upon checking in, the ticket agent apologized for the late flight and when we said we'd just wait it out at the Sky Club, she said "if you can get in". We were able to, thankfully. Word on the street has it that the brand new FLL SC was built too small. The entire club including kitchen areas was built at just the size intended for the passenger area... who knows if this is accurate, but the club is definitely overcrowded.
I was in FLL last week. Far too small. Waited in line about 15 minutes. With delayed flights to ATL it was packed.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I will try both MCO and FLL early in May. Pretty sure I will "enjoy" them a lot.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
The fares are ridiculous to the point where we have booked some non-DL out of Atlanta and are looking for status match. And, if I have to eat one more domestic FC meal with those bamboo forks that stick to my lips, I'm gonna scream. Hope those go away.
I had (4) domestic F flights last week with meals. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all represented. All we’re on real plates, served on a tray with real cutlery and cloth napkins. The only thing missing from pre-Covid was the hot towels. Meals have greatly improved in the past month. Fares are crazy high.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Last time I brought a kid into a club (any) was the American Admirals Club ATL in 2011.
Since then - not appropriate.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
I guess Delta is finally going to build lounges for D1 passengers
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...class-lounges/
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise

they need to do this in Atlanta.

Just convert one of their current clubs.

No kids, no pets, no guests.

No talking loudly on the phone or throwing trash on the floor. Ooops, went to far with that one.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Apr 22, 2022 at 8:46 am
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
they need to do this in Atlanta.

Just convert one of their current clubs.
And DTW. Rumor has it the new skyclub is going to be a D1 lounge once the renovate the main club to have a paid bar and they are going to put a walk way in to go to the main club to use the showers. Make sense but is going to stink for me being a DTW based flyer since I love that lounge and they use real plates. But perfect location and layout for it.

Not sure where they would put one in ATL since I don't think there is any room in E or F. Would make a lot of sense to use either E or F since that's where most of the Delta one traffic goes out of and I can't see them converting the E or F club to a D1 only lounge.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
The only thing this article confirms is that DL will build a D1 lounge at JFK. They wouldn't commit to confirming LAX. My guess is that ATL will not get one of these lounges, at least not early on. This is likely just targeted at D1 passengers to Europe. If it was also aimed at transcon, they'd add one at SFO/LAX as well. Time will tell.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
What needs to happen is a tier system for Paid Club / Benefit Club / Cardholders
hockeystl likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by cubeman
What needs to happen is a tier system for Paid Club / Benefit Club / Cardholders
I disagree. If you're in, you're in.

You can charge a small entry fee for members, or disallow guests if it's full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.